Reply Fiction Subforum
New Sol fluff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:20 am
now coming up with armory selection heavy weapons selections and whatnot.
TI-32 Flakker: cheap effective multi-role weapon. It is a large sholder aimed shotgun capable of tearing through men and light vehicles. it's ammunition is scrap and metal trash, propelled at high speed. Multiple Flakkers can bring a stop to an entire orkish charge if used properly. Dispite it's power it's maximum and minimum range give it a small killzone compared to other weapons, though any unit that enters that killzone is going to be either dead or crippled. they are vunrible to snipers and mele units as a result.
(I had an image of a dead chaos marine with a fork sticking out of his face)
Pike Launcher: a basic mislelauncher. more later  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:28 am
Will your flak troopers be grumpy men bemoaning the weight of their weapon only to conclude that at least they have a job? xp  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:14 pm

I suggest that you change the "Flakker" to be machine gun with rounds constructed in such a way that they split in air. A solution would be a bundle of titanium or otherwise rods propelled with either a chemical propellant or magnetism that fly out of the barrel. En route, the bundling comes undone and they spread into multiple rods. That would actually be best done with a flamer template.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:05 pm
I'm taking your advice Caleidah
I could make it their version of the flamer, ignoring cover, causing fear and such.

It will function as a multipuropse weapon, taking out heavy infantry (the image of a marine pinned to a wall by metal beams comes to mind), light vehicles, and flyers by impaling them with heavy metal rods. It is only moderately effective against tanks.

and no it is usally carried by somewhat unstable members of the squad. Someone dumb enough to get that close to a vehicle, and crazy enough to hold their ground (still editing the discription).
It can be taken as a heavy weapon slection by all basic Republic troop types.
Troopers, GM-auxrilies (did not spell that right) being the major types though they have a wide selection of weapons from the armory.

The PIKE is your basic high impact mistle launcher, it is the weapon standard infantry use to take on tanks. (areo troopers are not good but enough to stop a tank heavy army)
It's like it's imperal counterpart except it costs more due to it's laser guidence and slightly more powerful yeild. It is not useful against infantry or fast attack vehicles because it needs to lock on.  

Iron Wolf 85

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:14 am
should Plasma tech be availible or should I make another weapon with the same properties?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:49 am
next instead of the "extange standard gun for CQC weapon and pistol" that the IG does. New Sol instead can opt for a police shield and shock baton combo.
Though they forgo long range combat small arms fire cannot penetrate the massive shield. It makes fighting them frustrating for armies without heavy weapons.
"The Bolters They Do Nothing!"  

Iron Wolf 85

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:36 pm
Iron Wolf 85
next instead of the "extange standard gun for CQC weapon and pistol" that the IG does. New Sol instead can opt for a police shield and shock baton combo.
Though they forgo long range combat small arms fire cannot penetrate the massive shield. It makes fighting them frustrating for armies without heavy weapons.
"The Bolters They Do Nothing!"

So...they're part of an Arbites Suppression Force?
Seriously, look up fluff on the Adeptus Arbites.

As far as the weapons not doing anything, I'd want to disagree. Possibly use it to give them an invulnerable save, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:30 pm
I never knew that about the Adeptus Arbites, Troopers can be simmilarly outfitted.
I think in the weapon's discription I'm going to mention they got the idea from a local Police force that stood up to an ork army using Riot supression tactics. The Riot officers (come up with name later) were killed but inflicted severe losses on the vehicle lacking ork army.

The armory is intended to be varied because the standard New Sol Trooper is supposed to be a well rounded unit.

The quote is there for fluffy pourposes, but light infantry weapons such as pistols, lasguns, and the standard ork shoota will usally bounce right off the shield.

I intended to treat the shield as mobile cover, but your idea is good  

Iron Wolf 85

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:39 pm
A true fan army. Nothing can beat that without things ending nasty. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:22 pm
I read the manuels and thought up some oh @#!!$ moments
you can beat them, but like every army it's how you equip your troops.
New Sol was intended to be a well rounded army enemy armies have to play to their own strenghs if they want to win.
EG:
Eldar should out raid them
Orks should out swarm them
Tau should out shoot them
Sisters should use their flamers and heroes
and so on
New Sol has no glaring weaknesses
but likewise no massive strenghs  

Iron Wolf 85

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 pm
how about these as the availible grenades
Frag
EMP
Plasma
Smoke  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:47 am
Iron Wolf 85
how about these as the availible grenades
Frag
EMP
Plasma
Smoke
You take grenades from three different armies (four if you count Cities of Death as something of an army book) and two of whom have the same effect.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Iron Wolf, you need to learn one primary thing: People won't fight you if you aren't balanced. If something has a shield that ignores S(=/<)4, then they need to be much, much more spendy. Or, look at the Grotesques from Codex: Dark Eldar. They have no saves, but shooting attacks that are lower than S6 don't do any damage. They're also Ld6, so they're worthless without a Homunculus to lead them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:48 am
Might as well take all the good bits from various armies, throw them together and field that. xp  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:11 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Might as well take all the good bits from various armies, throw them together and field that. xp

I have a Terminator Armored Warboss with a Banshee Mask, Gaze of Flames, Burst Cannon, Warptime, Enhanced Senses, Inquisitor's Tarot, a Nemesis Force Weapon, Shadow Field, and a Trademark Item.

Fiction Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff