Dating?
  Yes
  No
  I dont care really
  GOLD!
View Results

vokee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:59 am
My mother once told me that I couldn't have a boyfriend until I finished at least 4 years of college.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:11 pm
OMG! My parents say the same thing about me not being able to date untill im out of school. And i dont think dating other races r bad  

xXVietGirl95Xx

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:12 pm
You know... maybe it's not that they don't want you to have a boyfriend/girlfriend, it's probably because you gals/guys maybe too young to understand what having a relationship is? Basically what Tinaa said earlier, and maybe someone else said it as well.

Because really, only a few get lucky in finding a nice relationship. It's even more difficult if you and the other person is still around the age that you gals/guys are going to change a lot.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:30 pm
well for me i think my mom is very ignorant
i mean VERY very ignorant
she even once said 'ur only in high school, there no such thing as love so dont even think about dating'
i can even make a list of things that my mom said not to even be friends w/:
1. black
2. long hair
3. tattoo
4. piercing
5. dye hair
6. spiky hair
[and yes u notice its mostly about hair]
7. EVEN shaved head
but as u kno mostly every high skool guy in this modern world will style their hair sum way
that just how she is but plz dont hate my mommy

ll Jelly ll

SLURPEE_E

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:51 pm
My asian mother thinks I can't date until I'm 18. WHOO ONE MORE YEAR! Then she pushed it to 21. -________-"

As many of other people have said before, it's probably 'cause we aren't old enough. They want us to focus in school. They are afraid we'll do stupid stuff.

I think that dating a person a different culture is fine! You might have to work a little harder on impressing the parents 'cause there's a different culture.. But you know.. hahaa  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Ahaha my parents are the same way. I cant date.
I wouldnt even want to right now though =/
And about the race thing ;; LOL
I hate it how most Asians have to stick to other Asians, it's like so dumb :K

FrostyRainbow

Jupcake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:33 pm
My mom says I can't date until I'm out of college, but I secretly had a
boyfriend. ^^;; But I do understand where my mom's coming from.
She wants me to concentrate on school work and the like.
It's hard for me to concentrate on love and school work - even when I just had crushes!

I don't like not having a significant other; but I'm not in a hurry, you know?
The months after my ex-boyfriend broke up with me, I felt like
I can concentrate on things more, since I was distracted talking to him.
But even then, it feels like waaaaah and ugggggh. >___<;;

And my mom's head is so filled with such... thoughts.
She said to me one day, "Don't date or marry a Chinese man.
They're different. They'll kill your daughters." Of course, I was like,
"O PLZ, MAAAANG!". But then I thought, "I had a Chinese boyfriiiiiend!".

All in all, I have no idea what to think about the whole love/dating thing.
It is confusing at sixteen. Period. Hahaha.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:11 pm
hmm. My parents don't allow me to date. they say High school's too early. but either way. being the asian parents they are. they want me to date within the whole flip thing. but they don't understand that a girl my age likes her choices XD [if they want me to date a fillipino guy, I told them to find me ones like the jabbawockeez ninja lawl.]  

~Tonberry-chocobo~

Melovelies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:14 pm
Haha, according to my mom, I'm not allowed to date until I'm 18, but I think my dad will have problems with it no matter how old I am. I've never dated anyone before. My mom doesnt care if the guy's a different race, as long as he likes them razz . No arranged marriages for me though~

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:51 pm
my mom doesn't allow me to date till i finish college. but i do it secretly anyway. ninja ninja ninja

its a good thing i have car it makes it so much easier!!!!! whee whee  

eternal punk

sea-rover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:15 pm
my parent basically okay with it. i post this before but I'm letting people know that relationship can come in handy sometimes.its not always so sweet and easy going,you get the up and down situation while your partner are either ready to leave,or ready to move on the other steps.but if you control it a bet then it'll be good. Just don't mess up your GRADE. :]  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:17 pm
I know I said I think dating when your young (or sorta young) is stupid and I still think that... but I'm really pissed off at one of my guys friends.
I've been really close with him, we'll hug and do stuff that makes us seem like a couple and people will think we are, but we're not and well last week i guess it started being wierd. There's like two girls that are like ALWAYS with him and it pisses me off. I don't want him to date me or like me again but I just never get the chance to hang out or even talk to him that much anymore.

Lot's of people just tell me to forget about him is he's going to act like a stupid player, but it's hard...  

Xx-Tinaa-xX

[F]lavor.of.[L]ife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:44 pm
I've always been against dating, but now that I'm in high school, I'm more open to crushes and things like that. The funny thing is, I don't get crushes. I'm like, "Oh. That guy's cute." And then I'll just walk away. xD
Besides, I don't have enough time to think about boys anyways. I'm so swamped with homework nowadays that I barely get to hang out with my friends. x_x

But, I think I'm going to make a promise to myself:
No boys until college.
That way, I can concentrate on school. :]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 pm
In my case ever since I was little my parents was like you can't date until college. So far no one asked me out (except one mental dude and two idiots). *shudders* I live in a racist family so I'm kinda racist. I'm only attracted to Asian xD I'm viet btw. haha. But my dad was like you can date are long you can keep up with your studies. But the guy I like is TOO serious about work that he rejected two VERY PURTY girls. I'm UGLy. ;3; SO I got no chance. Plus my guy friend told him already and he said no. =.= o-o Oops I was trailing again ><"  

Angels-of-Life

mosbey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:56 am
whats an ASIAN?  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items