Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form
Bored as normal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:45 am
Gaston's brow arches with interest at Jones' response. "So Daewson plays too, eh? I should've guessed." He grins. "Sounds good to me if he'll agree to it, Mr. Jones."

In response to the question, he answers. "Well, I've played clarinet in more than a few Mardi Gras parades in my time, but I'd imagine I'd sound a little better on electric guitar in a place like this."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:43 am
Another shrug at that, she was rather use to her questions not being answered, might have been cause most of her questions were a little odd, like that one had been. She listened with open ears to his words on the phone and smiled slightly, "Tell him he can't have you now, gesh, who said I wanta give you up now?"

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:59 pm
Joe nodded. "I'd be honoured," he said, hobbling behind the amps to hook up his own battered guitar.

A round-faced young man of indeterminate ancestry and shaggy hair indicated the spot on the stage where his own guitar, a bit newer model than Joe's, sat waiting on a stool. "Be my guest, man," he said. "I'll be sitting it out."

"Sounds like we got a trio, gentlemen," Tim grinned as he shouldered his saxophone. ""Mr. Marceau, you got something in mind?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:04 pm
"You hear that, Mac?" Methos said to Duncan over the phone. "I'm spoken for." He chuckled, looking at Kali as he hung up. "He said 'We'll see about that.' Looks like you're gonna have to fight over me."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:08 pm
She gave a smile and a shrug at that, "Sound like fun to me duckling." There was a faint sound of laughter in her voice giving it almost a musical tilt. She leaned back in her chair to relax a moment, "I could use some fun."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:32 am
"Much obliged," Gaston says to the guitar player who gives up his seat. "This oughta be good."

He looks back and forth between Tim and Joe. "Either of you two gents hear of Jim Byrnes? Did a coupla records back in the 80's and 90's...one of my favorites was a slow, rowdy lick called 'All Over You.' Know what I'm talking about, by chance?"  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:14 pm
As Methos chuckled at Kali, Joe and Tim exchanged glances behind them on the show dais.

"I do believe we're familiar enough with Mr. Byrnes' work," Tim grinned as Joe awkwardly settled himself on his stool, tucked his false legs close in and tested the strings of his guitar.

"Let's do this," Joe smiled.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:17 pm
"So when is he showing up anyway?" Random question out of boredom, only somewhat taking note of what was going on at the stage, the music she tuned out anyways, wasn't her style.

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:41 pm
Gaston took a moment or two to make sure the borrowed guitar was connected properly, the amp turned on, etc. He idly picks at a few strings to make sure the instrument is tuned, then nods satisfactorily.

Looking back and forth between Joe and Tim, he makes sure both men are ready to go, then begins the song. It has a slow, steady beat that's heavy on the guitar, but with plenty of room for Tim to accompany it on the sax.

Figuring the other two will join in the vocals when and if they like, Gaston begins singing...the music drawing his Cajun accent out for a change.

"I'm gonna spend all my money, gonna go home late,
An' try one of everyt'ing dey put on my plate,
I'm gonna flash my pearly grin all over dis town,
Whisper to my baby when de lights go down,
I'm gonna lay down an' shimmy, stand up an' shout,
An' show all dese womens what love is all about,
I'm gonna sing when I'm happy, an' moan when I'm blue,
Den I'm gonna do it all over, baby, all over you..."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:23 pm
Joe and Tim smoothly joined their instruments and voices (where appropriate) to Gaston's lead, proving that not only were they well acquainted with Jim Byrnes music, but that they were skilled at playing with others.

Mid-way through the song MacLeod walked in, long dark hair pulled back in a silver clip, long black duster sweeping against the bottom of tailored slacks, muscled torso sheathed in a soft grey turtleneck. Methos almost missed his signature buzz due to the two other Immortals already in the crowded bar, but his head lifted in time to catch sight of him striding toward their table. Methos' nostrils flared as Mac paused to watch and listen to the impromptu band.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:56 pm
Kali at lest noticed from her vantage point when he entered, she even rolled his eyes, "Does he ever look like crap? Ever? I mean really he has to have a bad hair day or something every once and a while."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:46 pm
Methos chuckled. "He's had his moments."

In his mind's eye, Methos saw again the wild haired, unshaven figure of MacLeod, caught in the grip of a Dark Quickening, fist grabbing Methos by the sweater to drag him in close to intense hate-filled eyes and keen naked blade. "Holy Ground!" he had managed to gasp, barely reminding his disheveled friend that they were in a church.

Nah, he shook his head to clear it of the vision. He was still hot...  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:04 pm
She shook her head at him on that, "Riiggght, I'll believe that if I ever see it." It was in a way amusing, the both of them, Adam and Duncan, the way the acted towards each other, sometimes like siblings, and sometimes more in a way she didn't want to put too much thought into. "Kinda like you have your moments you're not creepy?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:27 pm
Of course Methos is creepy...he's the original Dirty Old Man!

Anyway, Gaston picks up the buzz of Duncan's approach, and looks in that general direction upon the Highlander's entrance. Reflexes, and all. In the midst of the song, he manages a nod in greeting.

Meanwhile, the music swells as the three men launch into the second verse.

"Well I might not speak de lingo,
Might not know all de rules,
I might not have all de larnin'
Dat some o' dese other boys do,
But when de fire is rising,
An' de fire gets to burnin' real hot,
Oh baby, dis is a man who got somet'ing
Dose other boys just ain't got, no..."

Now the guitar and sax solos kick in. Since Gaston primarily plays as a hobby, the guitar solo he willingly relinquishes to Joe, moving to pick the rhythm line back up.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:07 pm
"Oh, ouch!" Methos stared at Kali, looking a tad hurt. "That's kinda mean, young lady!"

Mac was coming their way, grabbing a chair as he came. "Good evening," he smiled. "What did I miss?"  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff