Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Random Discussion
Twilight movie [UPDATE] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Edward Cullen...
  my fictional boyfriend.
View Results

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:51 pm
takashi_sahoko

Uggh.
What the critics have been saying is that
the chemistry and the love that you can feel in the book,
doesn't happen
in the movie.-
But I still want to watch it!
scream

That's why they're called critics! xD And I'm not allowed to watch it until Wednesday stare

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:14 am
I'm going to see it today with my parents because all of my friends have already seen it or have plans to see it, but I'm just happy about being able to see it. They probably won't get it at all thought lawl.  

xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

Panda Cheval

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:56 am
Holyshi*.
I'm in love with Twilight now. I read the book.
I watched the movie 4laugh .
All were amazing. I want to watch it again so darn much.
Now I have to get New Moon O:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:43 am
Panda.Gal
Holyshi*.
I'm in love with Twilight now. I read the book.
I watched the movie 4laugh .
All were amazing. I want to watch it again so darn much.
Now I have to get New Moon O:

I'm glad you like it!
Some parts of the movie will make more sense after you read the other books. 4laugh

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

sandflea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
_________Cause nobody wants to be the lst one there
_________And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
_________Someone to love with my life in their hands
_________There's gotta be somebody for me like that

User Image

I saw it in theaters twice =]
I loved it. But parts of it bothered me.
They left out Jasper's powers.
They left out the entire hotel scene with Alice and Jasper
They left out Alice a lot
They left out the scene when Bella has to go to the nurse because of the blood pricking thing
They left out the fact that Bella getss sick when Edward tries to run with her.

And they didn't do the question things, and thats why it seemed like there was more chemistry in the book and not the movie.

User Image

Cause nobody wants to do it on their own _________
And everyone wants to know they're not alone _________
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere _________
There's gotta be somebody for me out there
_________
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:26 pm
On a side note:

If you did not notice, while Charlie and Bella were in the Diner (Where Mike and her friends and his friends) were outside the diner, there was the lady with the laptop at the bar, if you did not notice it was STEPHANIE MEYER, i think she got in as a small extra for that scene.  

Aria Prime

Wealthy Fatcat

5,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:31 am
Queen Rockette
On a side note:

If you did not notice, while Charlie and Bella were in the Diner (Where Mike and her friends and his friends) were outside the diner, there was the lady with the laptop at the bar, if you did not notice it was STEPHANIE MEYER, i think she got in as a small extra for that scene.
Yeah, that was her 3nodding

I really liked the movie, but the book is definitely way better. It's true about how their emotions aren't as obvious in the movie as in the book, because there's just not enough time to build up all the chemistry between Edward & Bella. And yeah, a lot of things are different in the movie... but overall, I thought it was good 3nodding heart

I was only disappointed by the sparkle-effect on Edward.. it looked kinda lame imo.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:02 pm
Polyphonic Twilight

I was only disappointed by the sparkle-effect on Edward.. it looked kinda lame imo.

Yeah, it did. I was like,"What the h.....?" when I saw that part

Kylie the Cumbie

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:05 pm
(This was taken off of my blog on MySpace, by the way)

Twilight was fantastic! Alice is so pretty (and her voice is so cute), Jasper made me laugh the entire time, Bella was perfect, Emmett was very buff (muscular), Rosalie seemed kind of like a >>female dog<<, though. Carlisle was amazing , Esme is understanding, and Edward..... eh. He looked wierd. I imagined someone with black hair, slicked back and looked sort of looked like this one kid from my school that's in 8th grade. Jacob was just the way I had pictured him. Too bad he's a werewolf..... hmph. But Laurent, James, and Victoria were just right. Especially at the end when Victoria has that little smirk, that gave away the next movie pretty much. We all know that she's gonna try to kill Bella and yada, yada, yada.

But I just have one complaint- All the good stuff that was in the book was left out! WTHECK?! I mean the part when Edward is telling Bella about her lullaby, and Jacob's story. Ugh. Plus they added too many extra scenes that were not in the book.

Overall- 3/5 stars

~.:Kylie:.~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:48 pm
MadAsRabbitsoO
Polyphonic Twilight

Yeah, it did. I was like,"What the h.....?" when I saw that part

I don't really think it was lame. I mean, if I haven't read the books I would have probably been like, ":O, that's awesome! He shimmers!" But since I read the books, I pictured him sparkling differently, so it kinda did seem lame. neutral I thought he would have looked more like...the way a diamond ring sparkles. That's how I pictured it in my head.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:25 pm
PrimeOdd

I don't really think it was lame. I mean, if I haven't read the books I would have probably been like, ":O, that's awesome! He shimmers!" But since I read the books, I pictured him sparkling differently, so it kinda did seem lame. neutral I thought he would have looked more like...the way a diamond ring sparkles. That's how I pictured it in my head.

I thought more of a shine than a glitter. xD

(By the way, didn't Jasper make you laugh every time you saw him? I laughed so hard when Angela said,"And the one right there that always looks like he's in pain is Jasper,". People were staring at me. I love the guy they picked for Jasper, though!)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:01 pm
MadAsRabbitsoO
PrimeOdd

(By the way, didn't Jasper make you laugh every time you saw him? I laughed so hard when Angela said,"And the one right there that always looks like he's in pain is Jasper,". People were staring at me. I love the guy they picked for Jasper, though!)

I laughed everytime I saw Jasper too! xD But the whole theatre was laughing so I didn't feel awkward. 3nodding

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Fragile Panic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:28 pm
I heard about the Midnight Sun thing i will read it tomorrow and that Hayley and Rob video was cute.xD
The move was AMAZING!!!!! It's my favourite movie now all the actors were amazing play the charaters. i just LOVE all of it. biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Y'know I was thinking.
I really can't picture the guy playing Jasper (Jackson Rathbone) to being a Confederate Soldier during the Civil War, but I love him in the movie.
Sorry this was so random.
Oh and it turns out that Jasper ( well the guy playing him) used to be in Disney 365 or was it Disney 411?
I don't remember it, they changed it too much.
That's why he looked so familiar when I was watching the movie.
xD
o-o

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

GoodbyeLights

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:21 pm
PrimeOdd
MadAsRabbitsoO
PrimeOdd

I laughed everytime I saw Jasper too! xD But the whole theatre was laughing so I didn't feel awkward. 3nodding

Jasper creeps me out in the movie.
He reminds me of Edward Scissorhands.

Other than that...

Here's my review:
Twilight was surprisingly wonderful. It was succinct and enjoyable to watch. The two hours seem to fly by with action, romance, and laughter. The movie melted my heart into fuzzy pieces. whee I want to watch it over and over and over again, but my parents won't let me, haha.
P.S. I thought it was better than the books in some parts because it didn't drag on.

Random Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff