Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)
MUSIC;; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GOLD;;
  Ferrr you >B
View Results

God of Forbidden Light

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:36 pm
Testament-the-Reaper-666
A7X isnt that bad, I will admit some of their songs need to have never been thought of, like I Won't See You Tonight Parts 1&2 and Turn the Other Way, but their new CD is actually ok. And I listen to Dethklok to pick songs to make Guitar Hero 2 Customs for, because they dont put enough heavy/death metal in the Guitar Hero games and there arent really too many good songs that havent already been done.

Name 10 Good death metal bands.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:40 pm
X Amount Of Words - Blue October
Vague - Orgy
Trigger Happy Jack - P.O.E.
My Own Summer - The Deftones
Dread Rock - Paul Oakenfold
Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
Pretty Noose - Soundgarden  

dronze
Vice Captain

Testament-the-Reaper-666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:46 pm
KoRn
Megadeath
Metallica
Slayer
Rammstein
Drowning Pool
Pantera
Shadows Fall
Disturbed
Godsmack  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:47 pm
Testament-the-Reaper-666
KoRn
Megadeath
Metallica
Slayer
Rammstein
Drowning Pool
Pantera
Shadows Fall
Disturbed
Godsmack

none of which are deathmetal, besides MAYBE pantera....  

dronze
Vice Captain

God of Forbidden Light

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:50 pm
Testament-the-Reaper-666
KoRn
Megadeath
Metallica
Slayer
Rammstein
Drowning Pool
Pantera
Shadows Fall
Disturbed
Godsmack

OH. YOUR. GOD.
Nothing of anything you listed is even good semi-good metal. Let alone death metal. Please for the love of anything visit my profile and get a taste of real death metal.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:51 pm
dronze
Testament-the-Reaper-666
KoRn
Megadeath
Metallica
Slayer
Rammstein
Drowning Pool
Pantera
Shadows Fall
Disturbed
Godsmack

none of which are deathmetal, besides MAYBE pantera....

I think you need a taste too. Pantera is not even close to death metal.  

God of Forbidden Light

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:53 pm
I was giving him just a slight shred of leniency.... of the ones he listed there, it was the only one that even landed anywhere near the genre...

We can't all be Cannibal Corpse fans...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:55 pm
dronze
I was giving him just a slight shred of leniency.... of the ones he listed there, it was the only one that even landed anywhere near the genre...

We can't all be Cannibal Corpse fans...

Cannibal Corpse sucks. ALOT. If he's going to preach death metal and come up with that, leniency is out of the question.  

God of Forbidden Light

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:58 pm
from my standpoint, most death metal sucks, a lot....

I prefer Terror EBM, personally.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:01 pm
dronze
from my standpoint, most death metal sucks, a lot....

I prefer Terror EBM, personally.

I would have to agree. I'm mostly a black metal guy. But there are a few dm bands that just blow my mind via Deicide, BloodBath, Nile, Decapitated, Suffocation. A few others.

And as you've said before, "Your talking to an avid metal head". So I have low tolerance for false metal. I have to deal with it far too often.  

God of Forbidden Light

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:13 pm
In defence of the bands dude had listed:

KoRn - Not all bad, 60% of the released stuff is actually pretty good.

Megadeth - Listen to the "Risk" album, and forget you're listening to Megadeth.... it's actually musically solid.

Metallica - Ahh, nothing like aging thrash metal.... from the black album through S&M was all pretty good... Reload was severely underrated, but not great.

Slayer - they're Iconic.... but I'm not entirely sure why...

Rammstein - Played out? Probably... but if people would take "Du Hast" off of repeat for just 5 minutes they'd realize that there have been some decent tracks put out by this group since "Sehnsucht" hit the american shores in 1998

Drowning Pool - Umm.... meh.... I can't defend this one... even the remixes kinda sucked....

Pantera - 2 words.... Respect Walk....

Shadows Fall - See the entry for Drowning pool....

Disturbed - These guys were doing some good things back in 2000, but, honestly, haven't put out a COMPLETELY listenable album since "The Sickness", although they've done some stuff worth noting...

Godsmack - They're AAAAAAALLLLLLLLIIIIIVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE..... and I really wish they weren't.

Oh, and Lordi just plain rules..... They're like Gwar, only musically talented.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:21 pm
dronze

Megadeth - Listen to the "Risk" album, and forget you're listening to Megadeth.... it's actually musically solid.

Metallica - Ahh, nothing like aging thrash metal.... from the black album through S&M was all pretty good... Reload was severely underrated, but not great.

Rammstein - Played out? Probably... but if people would take "Du Hast" off of repeat for just 5 minutes they'd realize that there have been some decent tracks put out by this group since "Sehnsucht" hit the american shores in 1998

Drowning Pool - Umm.... meh.... I can't defend this one... even the remixes kinda sucked....

Disturbed - These guys were doing some good things back in 2000, but, honestly, haven't put out a COMPLETELY listenable album since "The Sickness", although they've done some stuff worth noting...

Godsmack - They're AAAAAAALLLLLLLLIIIIIVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEE..... and I really wish they weren't.

Metallica is dead. Only really decent albums were the Garage Days and Master of Puppets. Slayer followed the same path.
Pantera as well as Dime is over rated. It's over rating doubled when he died. I'm not a megadeath fan. Korn just blows.
Godsmack needs to be put down as well as the rest of the bands listed.

To give you somewhat of an idea of the music I'm REALLY into, just visit this band and listen to the first song. Otherwise further back and forth chit chat of these bands will just continue.
www.myspace.com/swornband  

God of Forbidden Light

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:35 pm
God of Forbidden Light
dronze

Metallica is dead. Only really decent albums were the Garage Days and Master of Puppets. Slayer followed the same path.
Pantera as well as Dime is over rated. It's over rating doubled when he died. I'm not a megadeath fan. Korn just blows.

To give you somewhat of an idea of the music I'm REALLY into, just visit this band and listen to the first song. Otherwise further back and forth chit chat of these bands will just continue.

Not bad.... I wish Myspace had a graphic equalizer on their player so I could drop the mid out just a touch, bring the bass way up, and hit the treble up just a tweak....

Metallic is, indeed dead, but there's always that split of the ones who liked old metallica to new metallica... and "New Metallica" doesn't include that waste of plastic that included "St. Anger"

Pantera hasn't been the same since Dime died, but what are ya gonna do about that?

Like I said, put on "Risk", and completely ignore that it's Megadeth, if you haven't yet... It's good stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:39 pm
dronze
God of Forbidden Light
dronze

Not bad.... I wish Myspace had a graphic equalizer on their player so I could drop the mid out just a touch, bring the bass way up, and hit the treble up just a tweak....

Metallic is, indeed dead, but there's always that split of the ones who liked old metallica to new metallica... and "New Metallica" doesn't include that waste of plastic that included "St. Anger"

Pantera hasn't been the same since Dime died, but what are ya gonna do about that?

Like I said, put on "Risk", and completely ignore that it's Megadeth, if you haven't yet... It's good stuff.

Metallica has leaked a new album song. Apparently, it's even worse. St Anger was just, wow, terrible.

I'm not denying that Risk may be a decent album. I just dont like em. The only bands in that general area that I like would be Symphony X, Iron Maidan, and some Judas Priest. Otherwise I just don't care for heavy metal.  

God of Forbidden Light

RANC!D_UN!CORNS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:55 am
Pictures of you.
By: The Last Goodnight
Link:
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGmdoOP7E24  
Chatterbox (Games, chat, et cetera)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash