Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo 's Critters [Under Construction! (But still open)]

Back to Guilds

Tags: Nintendo, Critter, Mascot, Video Game, Friends 

Reply Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]
The Nintendo's Critters Post Your Picture Thread?!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Post Your Picture!
  Yes! Everyone should!
  No way Jose, I like remaining anonymous!
  Umm... you wouldn't end up stalking me if I did, would you?
View Results

aenru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:15 am
lilmagical_star
aenru
lilmagical_star
And I'm probably not the oldest around anymore. *sees the 84 in the AIM screen name* ^^

I just want it known that that 84 doesn't mean I'm 84 years old biggrin

It means 1984. I'll be 24 this summer. 3nodding And mid 20's isn't that old, is it? I consider myself pretty young.

I know. Many people use their year of birth in their screen name wink
Yay! I'm indeed not the oldest around! ^^ Me ish 23 3nodding

Ah, I just looked at your B-Day, and you Are younger. We're both 23 right now, but you've only been that age for a little while, I'm getting on with it. Hehe, I'm older, but only by months.

And Congrats on your first Gaia Birthday (anniversary of the day you registered) last week. wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:28 am
Kouenki
24 isn't that old, Rye. 3nodding

If we're all gonna meet up one day, why not go to Japan? We can visit Nintendo and eat at a ninja restaurant! blaugh

YES! BEST PLAN EVER!

And we could catch a sinkansen from Kyoto (Where Nintendo is located for those that don't now) and go to Akihabara, trust me, it is a MUST see for every gamer while in Japan

And is the Ninja restraunt the one where the Ninja takes you into a secret passage to a room where you eat? (I saw it on a travel show once)  

Eggmond
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kouenki
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:22 pm
Eggmond
Kouenki
24 isn't that old, Rye. 3nodding

If we're all gonna meet up one day, why not go to Japan? We can visit Nintendo and eat at a ninja restaurant! blaugh

YES! BEST PLAN EVER!

And we could catch a sinkansen from Kyoto (Where Nintendo is located for those that don't now) and go to Akihabara, trust me, it is a MUST see for every gamer while in Japan

And is the Ninja restraunt the one where the Ninja takes you into a secret passage to a room where you eat? (I saw it on a travel show once)

Oh my gawd, Electric Town! I'll be broke in 10 minutes. @_@ I wanna go to Super Potato! That store is awesome!

That's the restaurant! I saw it on Ninja Warrior when they were doing the American Ninja Challenge thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:52 am
eek wow...
i kinda just popped into this thread and...
yeah!
lets all meet up in japan!!
anyone want to donate real money to me sweatdrop ...
money could be a problem...
to be honest, i've always wanted to, ehem, 'cross the pond'...
...yeah, like we say that...
anyway...
i'de love to come to america one day, sooo... who lives where? i could do one of those 'meet the stars' trips...
...but to see you guys (and guyesses) instead!!!  

mattzere

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:07 pm
I don't want to go to Japan until I know some Japanese...and I won't have the chance to learn for another year and half at least.... crying

I live in America, Mattz! :3 Florida to be exact, but honestly...it's rather boring here. sweatdrop ....well unless you can afford the theme parks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:46 pm
I haven't been to Japan myself, but the only reason I see for going to a crowded city area is to see Akihabara, because it's the home of all things otaku. I'd definitely like to see that, even if it were just to spend heaps and heaps of cash on stuff I'd never even see over here. mrgreen

But, aside from that, urban Japan is crowded, busy, unfriendly... not pleasant. I'd much rather spend time in a location in the countryside, where there's actually something left of the traditions and philosophy that so many of us love Japan for. There's not very much left of that in the heavily industrialized areas.

Oh, and for the record Mattzy, I live in the Netherlands, Europe.  

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

Lilmagical_star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:30 pm
I heard traveling to Japan can be really expensive ^^;

If you want to know, I live in the eastern and French part of Canada razz  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:10 am
id give an awfull lot to go to japan!
unfortunatly i'm not gunna learn the lingo till ive passed my german gcse s otherwise i'll get confuzled!
THERES A FRENCH PART OF CANADA!?!?
i thought that you spoke english over there!?
burning_eyes my head hurts..
is there, like, italien speaking parts etc?
florida doesnt sound too bad...
y'no i'd be such a tourist if i came over to americe...
and because of the £-$ ratio...
I'D BE RICH!!!
i'd buy loads of ds games and loads of random merchandice...
pretty much like if you were in japan!!  

mattzere

Eggmond
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:51 am
Nunatak
I haven't been to Japan myself, but the only reason I see for going to a crowded city area is to see Akihabara, because it's the home of all things otaku. I'd definitely like to see that, even if it were just to spend heaps and heaps of cash on stuff I'd never even see over here. mrgreen

But, aside from that, urban Japan is crowded, busy, unfriendly... not pleasant. I'd much rather spend time in a location in the countryside, where there's actually something left of the traditions and philosophy that so many of us love Japan for. There's not very much left of that in the heavily industrialized areas.

Oh, and for the record Mattzy, I live in the Netherlands, Europe.

Busy and crowded, yes, unfriendly? quite the opposite. While there I found everyone to be extremley frindly. They always tried there best to make us feel welcome. (no I am not just talking about people in popular tourist locations, I am also reffering to general public that we encountered).

But still, if you dislike crowded places I can see where you are coming from. Personally, I prefer busy places, rather than the country, but that's just me.

and to those worried about not knowing Japanese, personally, I didn't find that not knowing Japanese made it difficult, as a suprising amount of people knew enough English to help us, but maybe I just visited popular tourist spots, where more people know English.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:54 am
Meh.
What if we met somewhere really obscure so that the flights are cheaper?
Like Lithuania? mrgreen  

GeorgeStow
Crew

Lilmagical_star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:58 pm
mattzere
id give an awfull lot to go to japan!
unfortunatly i'm not gunna learn the lingo till ive passed my german gcse s otherwise i'll get confuzled!
THERES A FRENCH PART OF CANADA!?!?
i thought that you spoke english over there!?
burning_eyes my head hurts..
is there, like, italien speaking parts etc?
florida doesnt sound too bad...
y'no i'd be such a tourist if i came over to americe...
and because of the £-$ ratio...
I'D BE RICH!!!
i'd buy loads of ds games and loads of random merchandice...
pretty much like if you were in japan!!

Yeppers. The province is named Quebec. Most people speak French here, though the rest of Canada (where people speak English) and USA are slowly invading us. So French-speaking people are getting rarer and rarer with time stare

And Canada is a multicultural country. So there are of course people who speak Italian over here. However, there isn't a specific Italian part in Canada.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:54 pm
ok! sweatdrop
(it's like another planet to me!)
is the gravity much higher and do you all look like this: mrgreen ...
didnt think so...
why are americans portrayed to hate canadians?
i think canada is far more lovely, just listen to their national anthem (it's nearly as good as ours!) mrgreen  

mattzere

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:08 pm
We don't hate Canadians....we just playfully mock them.... ninja
In fact....Americans mock everyone, including ourselves.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:24 am
You wouldn't believe some of the english accents we make fun of over here!
that's probably because if you travel for 20 miles you'll find yourself in a place with a completely different accent....
Londoners, Geordies, people from Manchester, multicultural places(where all the english seem to have adopted and extremely bland voice, deprived of any real sound).
mrgreen  

GeorgeStow
Crew

Eggmond
Crew

Dapper Fatcat

6,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:24 pm
The thing I hate is when I was in America, people kept asking me what my pet Kangaroo's name is stare IT'S NOT FUNNY DAMMIT! WE DON'T HAVE KANGAROO'S AND KOALA'S IN OUR BACKYARDS, THEY ARE ALL IN THE BUSH, AND DINGO'S DON'T EAT OUR BABIES! scream

*ahem* sorry about that, I just get sick of people asking those things, especially when 75% of the time they were serious.  
Chatterbox [Chat away, folks!]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff