Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:55 am
Erix Griffon
illyrianth
Erix - If you'd be so kind, I might like to run it by you before posting it, once I have it written up...

I'm a little puzzled as to why, but ok!

Because I am happy to trust the judgement of Lancastrians in most things smile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:20 am
whapcapn
*Tries in vain to come up with a witty response*

^_^

illyrianth
I think I ought to make another thread about this very subject at some point. I have myself been on the receiving end of snide remarks and comments about my faith path, the music I like and the way in which I choose to dress. Surely it would be better for all of us if none of us ever had to endure such bizarre criticisms from people we don't even know?

Do!  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

wodewose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:14 pm
Erix Griffon
wodewose
It comes with the teritory.
I`m Welsh, I have to endure constant jibes about how I ******** sheep.I don`t but I let it go.I also get jokes about my religious beliefs too, but I let them go....

It shouldn't come with the territory. It's not like he dresses up for fun. That would be a transvestite. He is a transexual. There is an important difference - he earnestly believes that he was meant to be female, and he doesn't feel he really has a choice about how he dresses. He feels he's cross dressing when he's dressed as a man. He recently won a big debate with the NUS council, saying that now transexuals are allowed to use the female toilets in SU venues, simply because the male toilets are intensely threatening places in that situation.

Sheepshagger jokes are just that. Jokes. But for him, things can turn nasty.

In no way am I beltlling the anguish that transexuals go through.Theirs is a struggle none of us can understand, brave folk indeed.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:19 pm
Blackadder simply can not be beaten. Rule Brittania!  

Shrim Galanos

fwikin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:16 pm
hmm i quite liked mr bean, ye and when they made the cartoon , that little character ruled my world! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:21 pm
Tsao Darko
Blackadder simply can not be beaten. Rule Brittania!
by the way i just wanted to say your style soo rocks! blaugh i could stare at your avi for 2mins! blaugh  

fwikin

alicelights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:30 am
Knightsedge
Black Adder and Fawlty Towers are unbeatable. wink

Definatly! And 'The Good Life'  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:33 am
Switchblade no Demi
Unfortunately, I only get American television, so I haven't the foggiest idea what all of you are talking about =3

... but I agree with Knightsedge by default, as I have heard an awful lot of praise for Fawlty Towers. heart

You can get British TV in American, don't you know... My aunts live there and they dislike AMerican TV and intstead watch the beatifull ad-free British channels. You could also buy the tapes if you are interested from the BBC website  

alicelights

alicelights

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:36 am
Moomba666
Yeah it's a damn shame you don't get to experience the joy that is British comedy. You need UK Gold (a channel that shows British comedy and drama all day). I doubt they broadcast to America though sad
America really needs to look into British comedy more, i mean sure they gave The Office awards but then they go on to make an American version of the show! scream

Yes, We have to put up with American cinema unchanged from the original american viewing... and yet, they change our stuff.

Personally, I think it's a small part in a big plot (probably by the goverment) to make Americans think that everybody who is not American is inferior... If anything they get is American, no wonder they'd think that nobody else could do anything...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:39 am
Moomba666
Ah yes Steven Fry is a God! So British, and the last Pipe smoker of the Year for 2002...i think. I also like Aland Davis on that show, he plays the fool very well. I doubt he's really as retarded as he makes out, i mean he's Jonathen Creek stare

You know, I only watched it too see Aland Davis and his windmill. *tears of laughter remain*. The episode where a film studio came to his home in the night and so he opens the curtain with no clothes on...  

alicelights

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:15 pm
Oo new favourite comedy show!
Has anyone seen The Day Today? It's a spoof news show, coming from the Radio show On The Hour. There were only six episodes ever made, but its so damn funny...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:55 am
No but Radio4 have some excellent comedies!  

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:18 am
Invictus_88
No but Radio4 have some excellent comedies!

'Tis true. Do you know Claire in the Community?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:07 am
Yup, that was great. Is it still on?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:34 am
Invictus_88
Yup, that was great. Is it still on?

As far as I know. I just turned on the radio and there it was, a few weeks ago.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff