Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Basics Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:28 pm
Deoridhe
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe
I've also been working toward seeing auras more, but it often gives me eyestrain.
What kind of eyestrain?

There is a slight burn along the inside corner of my eye, and an ache along the upper eyelash which sometimes leads to a headache. Occasionally, the glow becomes so bright I have difficulty seeing the world. I've learned I can turn THAT off by immersing my hands in flowing water.
Interesting.

I've gotten headaches before- but not in a corresponding location, and never what could be considered "eye strain", at least- not to my knowledge. I've been doing it so long I may have forgotten a correction made. confused

Sorry Sweets.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:00 pm
TeaDidikai
Interesting.

I've gotten headaches before- but not in a corresponding location, and never what could be considered "eye strain", at least- not to my knowledge. I've been doing it so long I may have forgotten a correction made. confused

Sorry Sweets.

No worries. We'll see what happens.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:30 am
PrayThatThisEnds
That deity is also replaced with Osiris, as in the formula IAO - Isis, aphosis, Osiris.
You probably meant "Apophis." And, no. I don't know a lot about CM, but with a minimal amount of research IAO appears to be a symbol of resurrection. Using Apep. Just no. I don't really care what the symbolism means for you, but in my path, calling on or visualizing Apep in a banishing ritual is like using a nuclear missile to take out a mosquito, and completely inappropriate for me. So while substituting Egyptian gods in your ritual would appear to be closer to my path than that of almost anyone else in this guild, you still don't get the cigar. (Not to mention, Isis and Osiris are actually Greek versions of my gods and as such are even less relevant to me.)

PrayThatThisEnds
What i am saying is that it is a well tested method with a clear goal in mind.
But at least six people told you that this goal isn't theirs, and that even if it were, the end does not justify the inappropriate means.

PrayThatThisEnds
Well, if thats their choice, then so be it - I never knew broadening horizons was a bad thing, but apparently it is... or something to that effect.
Does your path have no taboos, or rules about what must and must not be done by practitioners? If not, you may not have encountered the idea that for many people, gods are not tools, and gods may place boundaries, geasa, oaths, or other strictures upon the actions of their followers. If so, you should know better than to suggest everyone should try a particular ritual and then be affronted when they tell you it can't possibly apply to them.

Tea-- I'm working on your suggested exercise. I might be tripping up on the "source of energy according to your path" part. My knowledge of working with energy, such as it is, is heavily derived from Neo-pagan not-Wicca. I know my path has several magical systems, but I don't know a lot about most of them because I don't have the training, and those are specific for healing or divination. And heka is less about energy per se and more about words. So I'm having a little trouble conceptualizing this without inadvertently cannibalizing someone else's path.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:59 am
error-dot-tar

Quote:
I mean come on now. Its not like its going to curse your room for aeons because you dedicated it to some other pagan god.

Explain to me why the f**k an atheist would be performing a ceremony in dedication to deities they don't believe in.

And are we forgetting the there shall be no other god before me part that YHVH put forth? Don't you think he'd be a little pissed if someone that worshiped other gods performed a dedication ritual to him?

Where do you get the idea that the LBRP is a dedication ritual in any sense of the word? I don't care what YHVH thinks in the old testament, or the new. That is not my concern. For me YHVH does not refer to a being but the hebrew letters refer to the 4 elements. Besides, religious systems mean nothing to me - I use what benefits me, regardless. Runes, Tarot, Astral projection, ceremonial magick, using parts of grimiores, whatever. I could even use the Sacred Magick of Abramerlin and not give a sh*t about YHVH or Christ and be successful.

In fact, the 4 Major Princes in that operation may ask one: 'Why do you care about YHVH since you are a: Jew, a Christian, or a Pagan?' Of course they try to deter even the Christians saying nothing in the bible says anything about the Sacred Work. But really, it doesn't matter what they think or do, they do not need to worry about what work you are doing. They [the spirits] just need to obey you. So it doesn't matter.

In essence, you are using a spirits hierarchy against him to compelte an operation, that is all. I would do the same thing if using norse gods. AbraMerlin didn't have a problem with it, and neither do I.  

PrayThatThisEnds

PrayThatThisEnds

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:03 am
Quote:
Does your path have no taboos, or rules about what must and must not be done by practitioners? If not, you may not have encountered the idea that for many people, gods are not tools, and gods may place boundaries, geasa, oaths, or other strictures upon the actions of their followers. If so, you should know better than to suggest everyone should try a particular ritual and then be affronted when they tell you it can't possibly apply to them.

None whatsoever, but CM is a very broad thing. CM is not a religious orientated magickal path, but it does use religion as a basis... But you so not need to be Xian to do anything in it - even the old Grimiores. Just do as it says, doesn't mean you have to fully believe it.

All that uis required is a Will and Want to draw closer to Light - and each path and system has a ray of the Light we seek.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:22 am
PrayThatThisEnds
Where do you get the idea that the LBRP is a dedication ritual in any sense of the word? I don't care what YHVH thinks in the old testament, or the new. That is not my concern. For me YHVH does not refer to a being but the hebrew letters refer to the 4 elements. Besides, religious systems mean nothing to me - I use what benefits me, regardless. Runes, Tarot, Astral projection, ceremonial magick, using parts of grimiores, whatever. I could even use the Sacred Magick of Abramerlin and not give a sh*t about YHVH or Christ and be successful.

In fact, the 4 Major Princes in that operation may ask one: 'Why do you care about YHVH since you are a: Jew, a Christian, or a Pagan?' Of course they try to deter even the Christians saying nothing in the bible says anything about the Sacred Work. But really, it doesn't matter what they think or do, they do not need to worry about what work you are doing. They [the spirits] just need to obey you. So it doesn't matter.

In essence, you are using a spirits hierarchy against him to compelte an operation, that is all. I would do the same thing if using norse gods. AbraMerlin didn't have a problem with it, and neither do I.

Are you admitting that you're a sloppy as hell paradigm pirate? Because your lack of understanding other perspectives, religions included, and your lack of concern for them when you pull out pieces for your own work suggests as such.  

error-dot-tar

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:23 am
PrayThatThisEnds
Quote:

None whatsoever, but CM is a very broad thing. CM is not a religious orientated magickal path, but it does use religion as a basis... But you so not need to be Xian to do anything in it - even the old Grimiores. Just do as it says, doesn't mean you have to fully believe it.

All that uis required is a Will and Want to draw closer to Light - and each path and system has a ray of the Light we seek.

Define Light.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:48 am
PrayThatThisEnds

What is this "Light" and why should I want to draw closer to it?  

Recursive Paradox

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:23 pm
TeaDidikai
Damn. You know it's bad when Patch starts in.

It's funny 'cause it's true.

Which one was the last excercise, the shielding?
I do that most nights, and only upon re-reading this thread have I realised where I got it from.
The full shield is 3 layers of shield, with 3 parts to each.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:59 pm
I actually have a shielding method in etheristic channeling that operates through a visualization of a certain number of floating swords, blades pointed down, each with a small eye in the hilt, pointing outward.

The number can vary between 3 and 13 and sometimes actually shifts between them based on my energy output and concentration. (Three can be maintained with almost no attention, thirteen requires some concentration)

There are two types that I use on occasion.

The first is a set of small symmetrical silver blades (think combination of chinese short blade and european short sword) with blue rounded eyes and indigo hilts and handles. They are largely a passive defense, applying pressure only when I'm probed or struck at. Think a small, swift, agile blade moving into place to block a strike but not attacking itself. They rotate immensely quickly and follow me closely.

The second set is a group of huge asymmetrically bladed swords (one side is curved and the other is straight) with asymmetrical hilts (long reddish yellow spikes come off one side and the other side is just curved). The eyes on these ones are bright yellow and are elliptical cat like slit pupils. These rotate more slowly and act as a much more aggressive defense. They'll move to intercept and block things that seem to be getting too close (not just things that attack) and instead of simply blocking will actually attack things that attack me or probe me.

Needless to say the yellow blades are a shielding method used more rarely and the blue ones far more often. I don't believe either one is actually an Aspect (due to how small and specialized they both are), just two lower level spirits that I work with on a regular enough basis to have a partnership with.  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:13 pm
TheDisreputableDog
PrayThatThisEnds
That deity is also replaced with Osiris, as in the formula IAO - Isis, aphosis, Osiris.
You probably meant "Apophis."
It's likely that the source he is drawing from has it spelled like that. Some of the CMers- Crowley amongst them, played silly buggers with their rituals and god-forms.

One of the versions of the LBRP actually includes Pan. eek

Quote:
Tea-- I'm working on your suggested exercise. I might be tripping up on the "source of energy according to your path" part. My knowledge of working with energy, such as it is, is heavily derived from Neo-pagan not-Wicca. I know my path has several magical systems, but I don't know a lot about most of them because I don't have the training, and those are specific for healing or divination. And heka is less about energy per se and more about words. So I'm having a little trouble conceptualizing this without inadvertently cannibalizing someone else's path.
Some folks draw the energy from themselves- if that's any help.

If we look at it as each piece building upon the last- the energy you "ground" with could be used.

PrayThatThisEnds
Where do you get the idea that the LBRP is a dedication ritual in any sense of the word?
Error mispoke. Not a dedication ritual, a ritual that is dedicated...
Quote:
I don't care what YHVH thinks in the old testament, or the new. That is not my concern. For me YHVH does not refer to a being but the hebrew letters refer to the 4 elements.
Wow... you make a really crappy Catholic.

PrayThatThisEnds

What you're failing to understand is that not everyone's path indulges culture rape.

patch99329

It's funny 'cause it's true.
wink

Quote:
Which one was the last excercise, the shielding?
The Ball.
Quote:

I do that most nights, and only upon re-reading this thread have I realised where I got it from.
I'm waiting for someone to hand me some hemlock wine.

Quote:
The full shield is 3 layers of shield, with 3 parts to each.
Interesting. Can you describe it more?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:36 pm
TeaDidikai
PrayThatThisEnds
Where do you get the idea that the LBRP is a dedication ritual in any sense of the word?

This is why I should never take up anything majoring in English as a profession sweatdrop  

error-dot-tar

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:38 pm
error-dot-tar
TeaDidikai
PrayThatThisEnds

This is why I should never take up anything majoring in English as a profession sweatdrop
For what it's worth- I'm the same way. It's worse in person than on forums. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:56 pm
TeaDidikai
error-dot-tar
TeaDidikai
PrayThatThisEnds

For what it's worth- I'm the same way. It's worse in person than on forums. sweatdrop

Because in text you can backspace and sometimes edit and correct yourself as you go along if you find mistakes, whereas in person if you make those mistakes there's really no going back unless you rehash the sentence entirely, resulting in either a really messy sentence or repeating yourself (sometimes more than once because you screw up again).

My English teachers would have hated me for this post. sweatdrop  

error-dot-tar

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:59 pm
error-dot-tar

Because in text you can backspace and sometimes edit and correct yourself as you go along if you find mistakes, whereas in person if you make those mistakes there's really no going back unless you rehash the sentence entirely, resulting in either a really messy sentence or repeating yourself (sometimes more than once because you screw up again).

My English teachers would have hated me for this post. sweatdrop
Not only that- but I habitually grab a dictionary when I'm not sure I'm using the right word.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff