Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:19 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Quote:
If one wanted to believe in the gods of Egypt without historical accuracy theres always Wicca.

eek  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:39 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Quote:
If one wanted to believe in the gods of Egypt without historical accuracy theres always Wicca.
Wow... just... wow.  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:45 pm
Update on the "All Pagans believe in White Light and guilt" guy.

After stating that Satanism isn't a religion (even though LaVey himself called it such), simultaneously claiming that Pagans are all White Light because LaVey said so, he's gone on a long-winded tirade that includes the following statement:

"Also, we're not pagans b***h, we're ATHEISTS get it right."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:52 pm
Henry Dorsett Case

After stating that Satanism isn't a religion (even though LaVey himself called it such), simultaneously claiming that Pagans are all White Light because LaVey said so, he's gone on a long-winded tirade that includes the following statement:

Link?  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:09 pm
TeaDidikai
Henry Dorsett Case

Link?
It's in the CoS guild amidst a flurry of flames, name calling, accusations of bestiality, and other such unpleasantries.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:44 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai
Henry Dorsett Case

Link?
It's in the CoS guild amidst a flurry of flames, name calling, accusations of bestiality, and other such unpleasantries.
I bet Pirate is ecstatic.  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:53 pm
TeaDidikai
I'm sure she is, since she was the first one to point out that LaVeyan Satanism is a Pagan religion (by the broadest definition of "Pagan") in that thread.

Oh, then he quit the guild since we weren't all willing to bow to the fact that he was a card-carrying member of the CoS itself, and that he's an Ubermensch and a peer of LaVey (despite being an 18-year old stereotypical goth kid in Ohio, if his MySpace is any indication).  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:52 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai
I'm sure she is, since she was the first one to point out that LaVeyan Satanism is a Pagan religion (by the broadest definition of "Pagan") in that thread.

Oh, then he quit the guild since we weren't all willing to bow to the fact that he was a card-carrying member of the CoS itself, and that he's an Ubermensch and a peer of LaVey (despite being an 18-year old stereotypical goth kid in Ohio, if his MySpace is any indication).
The funny part about this is that the people I know her knew Anton personally laugh at the folks who actually are members of the CoS.

It's a great business model if you can pull it off. But the agreement amongst those who actually got what he was saying is that you should really just borrow the books from someone else, take what you want, leave what you don't and be done with it. wink  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:48 am
TeaDidikai
The funny part about this is that the people I know her knew Anton personally laugh at the folks who actually are members of the CoS.
Considering how few of them will ever rise to the Priesthood of Mendes, let alone the rank of Magister, I'd say that a good number of them may have thought themselves to have bought into a society not unlike the Masons. Rather a pity, isn't it?

Some days I wonder if any of the Magisters snicker behind their hands at the sheep who think themselves wolves among the ranks.

Quote:
It's a great business model if you can pull it off. But the agreement amongst those who actually got what he was saying is that you should really just borrow the books from someone else, take what you want, leave what you don't and be done with it. wink
Hell, it worked wonderfully for Anton himself, considering how much the good Doc lifted from Ragnar Redbeard (whoever Ragnar happened to be). Not to say that such is in any way a bad thing - Ragnar advocated taking what one could take, and LaVey took what he could. Those who imitate LaVey don't seem to have his same flair these days, and are too willing to roll on their back when exposed for having taken from LaVey.

What's funnier is that the 18-year-old Ubermensch peer of LaVey seems to practically worship the "higher ups" in the Church, so much so that he won't dare question why a Magister (if he did, indeed, speak with one) would tell him that Satanism is an all-or-nothing theology. Instead, he repeats it as absolute fact, falling prey to Herd Conformity, not even realizing that his own individuality was challenged.

So sad that it takes the eyes of outsiders to notice the flaws of those who believe themselves the cognoscenti.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:06 am
Henry Dorsett Case

Some days I wonder if any of the Magisters snicker behind their hands at the sheep who think themselves wolves among the ranks.
I know some of the early ones did. Not sure about the current folks.

Quote:
Those who imitate LaVey don't seem to have his same flair these days, and are too willing to roll on their back when exposed for having taken from LaVey.
Meh. I wouldn't say that. A fair few haven't been exposed because they have Anton's flair.
Quote:

What's funnier is that the 18-year-old Ubermensch peer of LaVey seems to practically worship the "higher ups" in the Church, so much so that he won't dare question why a Magister (if he did, indeed, speak with one) would tell him that Satanism is an all-or-nothing theology. Instead, he repeats it as absolute fact, falling prey to Herd Conformity, not even realizing that his own individuality was challenged.
It is amusing.  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:19 am
TeaDidikai
Quote:
Those who imitate LaVey don't seem to have his same flair these days, and are too willing to roll on their back when exposed for having taken from LaVey.
Meh. I wouldn't say that. A fair few haven't been exposed because they have Anton's flair.
Perhaps so, but then again, would you really say that those who have successfully taken from LaVey without being caught (or without rolling over when caught) are "imitating" him?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:34 am
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai
Quote:
Perhaps so, but then again, would you really say that those who have successfully taken from LaVey without being caught (or without rolling over when caught) are "imitating" him?
The ones I know... yeah. I would.  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:41 pm
TeaDidikai
Why does that immediately set up an "eww" vibe for me?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:05 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
TeaDidikai
Why does that immediately set up an "eww" vibe for me?
I get the eww vibe whenever I think of them.  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:15 am
To go along with a recent thread in M&R I just had to jump in on, even if only briefly...

"I'm a Pagan because someone else says I am! I disagree, and I don't classify my religion as Pagan, but someone said that I'm being willfully ignorant if I don't agree that my religion is Pagan. Sure, they didn't really have any authority that backed them up that my religion had to be Pagan, but they said so, so I guess I am!"  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games