Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:14 am
Ethermus Prime
I didn't know that first part. That just makes me more inclined to like the Thuggee......as I'm a HUGE Punisher fan razz .

The corrupt and the political Thugee are to my mind to be reviled even more so when you see that they perverted.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:31 am
ShadowSharrow
Ethermus Prime
I didn't know that first part. That just makes me more inclined to like the Thuggee......as I'm a HUGE Punisher fan razz .

The corrupt and the political Thugee are to my mind to be reviled even more so when you see that they perverted.

I'm morally ambiguous in this way.  

Ethermus Prime

-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-

-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:59 am
hehehe
The following are real quotes from real 'Pagans' I've run into...
"I am a generational witch, it's in my blood, so stop pretending you know it all, you're just trying to get my family secrets!" (a pal from high-school... she saw I was wearing a pentacle and asked if I was a "generational" witch or a "n00b"... this was her response when I said "Could I have an explanation?"
"I've been Wiccan since I was 5, I just didn't know what it was, I used to cast spells on my mom when she'd punish me and she always got hurt so I found out I was a powerful witch so now I just stick with love spells" (This was from a girl who claims her real name is 'Morgan Fay')
Of course, my favourite:
"Of course I do, I read the whole Book of Shadows!" (Response from a friend I didn't know too well at the time when I asked if she knew anything about astral projection... I quickly decided to research it myself razz )

I'm 22 years old and have been studying Paganism since I was 12... having started studying Paganism at such a young age (and never knowing of it before as I was raised Roman Catholic), I can remember when I, too, was a bit of a 'fluff-bunny', so I can laugh at these people, but I can also remember where they're coming from. I can tolerate the 'newbies' just fine, as we all have to start learning somewhere... I just have a problem with those who have claimed Paganism as their way of life for years who still know nothing about it and refuse to learn (although I suppose this happens with every other faith... stating you're Pagan often leads to an explanation, whereas stating you're Catholic is pretty widely accepted, so you could claim Catholicism for years and not worry about being called on it if you know nothing about it).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:38 am
From a gal who walked into Five Corners, examined everything and for no reason turned to the staff working and said:

"I am the reincarnation of Morgan LaFey."

The response: "Damn Morgan. What the hell did you ******** up to be cursed with this incarnation?!"  

TeaDidikai

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:10 am
TeaDidikai
From a gal who walked into Five Corners, examined everything and for no reason turned to the staff working and said:

The response: "Damn Morgan. What the hell did you ******** up to be cursed with this incarnation?!"

Beautiful, just beautiful.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:41 pm
"Read The Satanic Bible because it will give you a better understanding of how Pagans like you are bound by White Light Christian Guilt laws like the rule of three. LaVey even devoted a whole section to talking about it!"

This for me trips a mental flag, guaranteed: When the founder or current head of any religion starts talking s**t about any other religion, more often than not they're speaking ex recto.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:28 pm
TeaDidikai

rofl mabey she expected them to bow down to her or offer something for free...

Henry Dorsett Case

"Read The Satanic Bible because it will give you a better understanding of how Pagans like you are bound by White Light Christian Guilt laws like the rule of three. LaVey even devoted a whole section to talking about it!"
Having actually read that section (admitily it was quite a few years ago).....thats funny. Hes mostly makeing fun of people who believe in the rule of three.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:54 pm
Henry Dorsett Case

This for me trips a mental flag, guaranteed: When the founder or current head of any religion starts talking s**t about any other religion, more often than not they're speaking ex recto.
Actually- this isn't too far off base.

While it is a hasty generalization, Anton did write on moral revisionism and spoke about the roles alternative theologies hold under umbrella of popular culture.

The long and short of it was that "No one likes playing the bad guy".
I think he got it right when it comes to the neo-pagan scene. While some revision is to be expected as time changes understandings, some very clear aspects of theologies that would be protected under the Bill of Rights when pressed are dropped not for the sake of UPG, not for the sake of the Gods or even the modernization of the theology- but for the sake of what other people think of the alternative religion.  

TeaDidikai

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:59 pm
BeautifulNitemare
WitchyBoy
so are you like a hereditary witch?

according to the prophecy...seriously

Whenever someone says "according to the prophecy" in reference to something about themselves, it tends to set off my fluff alarms. wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:48 pm
TeaDidikai
While it is a hasty generalization, Anton did write on moral revisionism and spoke about the roles alternative theologies hold under umbrella of popular culture.

The long and short of it was that "No one likes playing the bad guy".
I think he got it right when it comes to the neo-pagan scene. While some revision is to be expected as time changes understandings, some very clear aspects of theologies that would be protected under the Bill of Rights when pressed are dropped not for the sake of UPG, not for the sake of the Gods or even the modernization of the theology- but for the sake of what other people think of the alternative religion.
That's one thing. That's not what this person was saying, though. This person was directly stating that Pagan religions, all of them, fall under the White Light Christian Guilt rules, without fail, and that I needed to read TSB to understand that fact.

And I should add that my second mental flag is that when someone says "the leader of my religion has been talking s**t about your religion", if the leader is not speaking ex recto, the follower often is.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:17 am
mute_coyote

Whenever someone says "according to the prophecy" in reference to something about themselves, it tends to set off my fluff alarms. wahmbulance

It more so makes me want to investigate what they mean by prophecy. I usually ask them where the prophecy comes from who was the one that actually applied it to them...

I suppose having a prophecy about myself tends to make me more understanding. Granted, the fluff alarm goes off when someones' "Prophecy' seems to quite exaggerate their own importance.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:24 am
Ethermus Prime
mute_coyote

It more so makes me want to investigate what they mean by prophecy. I usually ask them where the prophecy comes from who was the one that actually applied it to them...

I suppose having a prophecy about myself tends to make me more understanding. Granted, the fluff alarm goes off when someones' "Prophecy' seems to quite exaggerate their own importance.

The other thing I tend to consider is what the prophecy is. Some of the most interesting prophecy I have come across had little to no value outside of the family that was given the prophecy.

The Prophecy came true. But aside from those directly involved, it didn't matter. I think some people who have yet to experience pragmatic prophecy are too busy looking for Daniel's and Delphi in scale and they forget that prophecy was not all about the tides of nations. ~shrugs~  

TeaDidikai

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:39 am
TeaDidikai
Ethermus Prime
mute_coyote

The other thing I tend to consider is what the prophecy is. Some of the most interesting prophecy I have come across had little to no value outside of the family that was given the prophecy.

The Prophecy came true. But aside from those directly involved, it didn't matter. I think some people who have yet to experience pragmatic prophecy are too busy looking for Daniel's and Delphi in scale and they forget that prophecy was not all about the tides of nations. ~shrugs~

Exactly what I was trying to say in some part, just expanded upon.

For instance, my own prophecy has nothing to do with the "Tides of Nation" and really has little effect on anyone but me and those close to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:42 am
Ethermus Prime
Exactly what I was trying to say in some part, just expanded upon.
wink I know.

Do you see a difference between prophecy and say... fortune telling?  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:12 pm
Quote:
If one wanted to believe in the gods of Egypt without historical accuracy theres always Wicca.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games