Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:21 am
Calixti
Two ohmygodkill me now headaches in two days. One with a warning, so I was able to pump myself full of antihistamines and get to sleep before the pain woke me up. One without a warning, and right while I was watching Doctor Who with some friends online.

I. HATE. EVERYTHING. scream

Gah. o_o

It seems like absolutely nothing is working for those things. Have you looked into unorthodox methodology like Reiki or something as a possible solution? I know you've exhausted virtually everything else as an option so wow does that suck.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:25 am
Honestly? I'm not surpised by the MJ coverage. I don't like how ubiquitous it is, but I'm not suprised by it. The man had been in the public eye since prepubescence and became this strange larger than life figure, blessed with insane talent and skills, and unfortunately harmed by abuse which metastasized in his adult life, causing him to be creepy at best and a ***** child abuser at worse.

He was and is a powerful figure, and a worldwide icon -- with a lot of baggage that is easily put on TV. I'm not suprised by the coverage at all, some of it is even worth it.

Also, poor Farah Fawecett, her death being overshadowed.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:38 am
Well the media does tend to latch onto anything that can be milked for maximum ratings and then shamelessly drain it of all of its vital fluids. It's kind of always been disgusting, no matter who was being exploited. MJ is just one more out of a long line of the media's playthings.

...in other shitstorms of unacceptable behavior, there's a group that requests pictures of transgendered folk (usually mtf direction or suspected mtf direction) without their consent or permission and puts them up on a site called "TrannyAlert" (now apparently removed from Blogger). A pretty big level of public response has hit them pretty hard. http://glaadblog.org/2009/06/26/glaad-reaches-out-to-blog-that-disparages-transgender-people/

But yeah, I was livid when I found out about this. With the amount of violence perpetrated against us and the discrimination we face on a regular basis, encouraging people to out us and then outing us to the internet at large is a disgusting practice. The site is also horrifically objectifying to us as a people. I can live with consensual photos being displayed. Tasteful treatment of the folk in question. But I can not accept being turned into an object or a joke by people in a position of privilege (these folks running the site appear to be a mixture of gay and straight cisgendered folk from some of the stuff I've read) and I definitely can not accept them snapping up nonconsensual pictures of people like me and displaying them.

Pretty ******** up that people can do this kind of thing.

Edit: seems they still have a twitter (http://twitter.com/TrannyAlert) and are claiming that their site is down for maintenance, not actually removed. It's pretty clear these folks see themselves as the downtrodden folk, much like many entitlement whoring privileged majorities do when ******** with minorities for kicks. >.<

There's a possibility they may try to establish themselves elsewhere. I'll have to keep my eye out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:11 am
Recursive Paradox
Calixti
Two ohmygodkill me now headaches in two days. One with a warning, so I was able to pump myself full of antihistamines and get to sleep before the pain woke me up. One without a warning, and right while I was watching Doctor Who with some friends online.

Gah. o_o

It seems like absolutely nothing is working for those things. Have you looked into unorthodox methodology like Reiki or something as a possible solution? I know you've exhausted virtually everything else as an option so wow does that suck.
Not really. Any potential treatment needs to be either really cheap or covered by insurance, and unorthodox methodology and alternative treatments are usually neither. And to be fair, I haven't tried EVERYTHING--whenever I beg a doctor for painkillers, I just get yet another NSAID, even though not a single one they've tried has ever worked. No doctor I've ever had will give me serious painkillers for the really bad headaches for fear I'll become overdependent.

But really, I can deal with the day-to-day pain. If it were just the really bad headaches, I could probably deal with those too. It's the chronic daily headaches PLUS the ohmygodkillmenow ones that gets hard to deal with.  

Calixti

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 am
Calixti
Recursive Paradox
Calixti

Gah. o_o

Not really. Any potential treatment needs to be either really cheap or covered by insurance, and unorthodox methodology and alternative treatments are usually neither. And to be fair, I haven't tried EVERYTHING--whenever I beg a doctor for painkillers, I just get yet another NSAID, even though not a single one they've tried has ever worked. No doctor I've ever had will give me serious painkillers for the really bad headaches for fear I'll become overdependent.

Ugh, yeah that makes things a lot more difficult. Especially with all of the addiction issues coming up from the medical field these days with controlled substances like vicoden.

Quote:
But really, I can deal with the day-to-day pain. If it were just the really bad headaches, I could probably deal with those too. It's the chronic daily headaches PLUS the ohmygodkillmenow ones that gets hard to deal with.

The combination is a killer. A weekly migraine usually doesn't hit me too badly, but if I had chronic ongoing pain on top of that? I'd be out of commission a lot. >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:49 am
My boyfriend has bad daily headaches as well. It's terrible to watch him hide the worst of it just to function, even worse when he's having the killer ones coupled with his usual headaches. I feel for him, but there's so little I can do to help it. I try to massage his neck and pressure points on his face... but it's barely even a few minutes relief and it comes back.

I honestly don't see how you guys can function as well as you can. I'd be out like a little baby with just your normal headaches, I'd imagine, because I get them soo seldom. I am hoping we can find something that can relieve them though.... but no luck yet.. neutral  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:41 am
Taliah
My boyfriend has bad daily headaches as well. It's terrible to watch him hide the worst of it just to function, even worse when he's having the killer ones coupled with his usual headaches. I feel for him, but there's so little I can do to help it. I try to massage his neck and pressure points on his face... but it's barely even a few minutes relief and it comes back.

I honestly don't see how you guys can function as well as you can. I'd be out like a little baby with just your normal headaches, I'd imagine, because I get them soo seldom. I am hoping we can find something that can relieve them though.... but no luck yet.. neutral

I'm usually functional because the migraines don't last for very long. I get them maybe once a week sometimes twice a week. And they usually only go for about 4~5 hours at most. My migraine aura tends to be sudden blind spots and my migraines are usually brought on by a combination of sleep deprivation, stress and my computer screen.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:28 am
Taliah

Eventually, you just build up a tolerance to the pain. What's about middle of the spectrum pain now, like today, would've laid me out five years ago. The killmenow headache from last night, and the other one from the night before, would've had me sobbing, vomiting, and eventually passing out from pain; now if I just don't move, or can fall asleep without the pain waking me up, I can ride them out with minimal tears.

Of course, the downside to that is that I still get ones bad enough to make me pass out from pain, though very, very rarely--they would've been completely unimaginable when I started getting headaches as a kid.  

Calixti

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:13 pm
Vivi is ready to rip a b***h in half scream  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:29 am
Violet Song jat Shariff

*hugs and offers delicious cookies*  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:57 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Oh?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:54 am
Recursive Paradox
Violet Song jat Shariff

*noms cookies*
heart  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:19 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Recursive Paradox
Violet Song jat Shariff

*noms cookies*
heart

I solve anger. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:56 pm
DEAR COLLEGE AND THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST,

WHY THE HECK AREN'T YOU HERE YET.
YOU ARE SO OVERDUE
OMGOMGOMGOMG

I'M A LITTLE TEED OFF THAT YOU'RE TEASING ME ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE AND HOW I'M NOT THERE YET.

PLEASE DONT MAKE ME EXPLODE WITH OVERLOADED BLISS WHEN I GET THERE. EVEN THOUGH IM IRRITATED, I STILL LOVE YOU.

-ILLIEZEULETTE

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:18 pm
Illiezeulette
DEAR COLLEGE AND THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST,

WHY THE HECK AREN'T YOU HERE YET.
YOU ARE SO OVERDUE
OMGOMGOMGOMG

I'M A LITTLE TEED OFF THAT YOU'RE TEASING ME ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE AND HOW I'M NOT THERE YET.

PLEASE DONT MAKE ME EXPLODE WITH OVERLOADED BLISS WHEN I GET THERE. EVEN THOUGH IM IRRITATED, I STILL LOVE YOU.

-ILLIEZEULETTE
I'm going to an awesome little tea house today where I shall sip fine Russian teas and read the leaves after I have been dipped in the sunshine of my sanctuary before I join the folks putting the final touches on the SummerStar ritual items, then enjoy grilled foods and watch explosions.

I'm also buying some of DB and Gho's birthday presents today.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games