Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:49 pm
Booked to go again tomorrow night =D I'm so excited.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:11 am
So is anyone into the whole 'New Rave' scene? Even though I doubt the credibility of it being a seperate genre, I think most of the acts are great. What can I say, it's the bright colours and catchy songs, gets me hooked.  

Prince Starchild

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:54 am
Missed the chance to see Bellowhead in Aber.

neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:26 pm
princess lolifoxxx
So is anyone into the whole 'New Rave' scene? Even though I doubt the credibility of it being a seperate genre, I think most of the acts are great. What can I say, it's the bright colours and catchy songs, gets me hooked.

My opinion? It's flavour of the month, there's nothing remotely interesting about it, it's not even very listenable. I find pricks singing in ridiculous falsetto voices abrasive and unpleasant to listen to.

Having said that, I can see the attraction. It's just that I think it's a totally cheap musical trick.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Prince Starchild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:43 am
Boolean Julian
princess lolifoxxx

My opinion? It's flavour of the month, there's nothing remotely interesting about it, it's not even very listenable. I find pricks singing in ridiculous falsetto voices abrasive and unpleasant to listen to.

Having said that, I can see the attraction. It's just that I think it's a totally cheap musical trick.

biggrin

I'm totally of the opinion that it's flavour of the month, a 'youthquake', whatever you want to call it. And I love it for those reasons. The fact it's so utterly disposable biggrin I will be sad when it's gone though. I like the accompanying fashion.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:45 am
'New Rave' is rather fun I have to say.
Did you go to the NME Indie Rave tour last year? That was so fun.

xXx White Lily xXx

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:31 am
Just to say:

My band (The Repeats) are playing at the Brixton Windmill on Thursday week. It's an awesome venue (rated one of the UK's top 10 live venues by the Independent) with cheap entry and cheap beer, so it should be a good night. If you want more info, check out our Myspace or the venue's Myspace.

Sorry for the blatant plug, but this is our first major out of town gig, and we're really trying to get a decent crowd to turn up. If you're vaguely in the area that night it'd be awesome if you could make it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:22 am
xXx White Lily xXx
'New Rave' is rather fun I have to say.
Did you go to the NME Indie Rave tour last year? That was so fun.

I wish sad

I was toying with the idea of buying the special edition of the Hadouken! album, but even if I got free tickets to their festival, I couldn't get to London.  

Prince Starchild

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:13 am
My string quartet playing Shostakovich.

I'm actually quite impressed with it, we seem to sound pretty good apart from a few dodgy notes. The beginning is just us setting up and tuning, the music doesn't start until around 1.30.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:35 am
Rightly impressed. Can we expect more similar videos, or was this hosting a one-off?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:55 am
I don't know. There happened to be a video of this audition we did on Saturday, so Isla (first violin) uploaded it onto YouTube. If we get more videos we'll probably upload them too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:51 pm
Don't suppose anyone else saw Harrison Birtwistle's The Minotaur on BBC2? Incredible.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:20 am
I went to see Skindred on May the 19th and they were simply awesome. I really recommend them to any of you heavy metal types.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:29 am
Boolean Julian
Don't suppose anyone else saw Harrison Birtwistle's The Minotaur on BBC2? Incredible.

Philistines. gonk  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:26 am
I am going to see Radiohead.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash