Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:10 am
Anubis is an EVIL god! It says so in the Mummy movies!

Seriously, I have never read anything saying Anubis was evil. Set wasn't to nice, but nothing about Anubis.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:20 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman

Seriously, I have never read anything saying Anubis was evil. Set wasn't to nice, but nothing about Anubis.

Typical bad pr for a god associated with death tbh and Set gets the typical bad pr for a chaotically inclined god.  

ShadowSharrow

Maze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:11 am
ShadowSharrow
Dragon_Witch_Woman

Typical bad pr for a god associated with death tbh and Set gets the typical bad pr for a chaotically inclined god.

Set used to be one of the good guys. I always screw up times and dates, so it should come as no surprise that Egyptian times are just as difficult for me to remember as more modern ones, but whatever.

He sailed on the great ship with Ra, and fought Apep/Apophis each and every night to ensure the day would go through. He had a pretty good track record, what with there only being so many solar eclipses and all.

They only turned him into a bad guy in the latter eras.

And of course Anubis isn't pictured as an evil god. XD He's the guardian/tour-guide of the dead. I suppose it's not impossible for him to just shove all of the dead into a river of flames on the way to the weighing of the heart, but after a while, that'd get noticed, I think.

One employee assessment talk later, and he'd be out of there faster than you can say the full name and titles of any of the pharaohs. So, yar. Not really evil, no.

And painting him in bad day-lights was bound to make him like you less and make the tour difficult. Makes sense then that they didn't.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:49 am
Maze
ShadowSharrow
Dragon_Witch_Woman

Set used to be one of the good guys. I always screw up times and dates, so it should come as no surprise that Egyptian times are just as difficult for me to remember as more modern ones, but whatever.

He sailed on the great ship with Ra, and fought Apep/Apophis each and every night to ensure the day would go through. He had a pretty good track record, what with there only being so many solar eclipses and all.

I wonder if him and Loki ever get together for beers and call the other folks ingrates.  

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:58 am
TeaDidikai
Maze

I wonder if him and Loki ever get together for beers and call the other folks ingrates.

I don't know about Loki and Set, but I do recall some art that had Loki and Anubis as drinking pals..

Anubis and Loki, Drinking Pals Introduction

Loki's revenge  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:54 am
Riot Maze!  

TeaDidikai

Boadicia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:05 am
Good grief. Who does Loki's wardrobe? xd

I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to gods like Anubis. In fact, he's one my favorites, along with the likes of Kali, Tiamat, and others with unnecessary bad raps. Then again, it's all relative.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:35 am
Boadicia

I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to gods like Anubis. In fact, he's one my favorites, along with the likes of Kali, Tiamat, and others with unnecessary bad raps. Then again, it's all relative.
And some of those reputations are well deserved.

When people tell me they are drawn to Kali, I always wondered which end of the Thugee they would have been on.  

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:08 pm
TeaDidikai
Boadicia

When people tell me they are drawn to Kali, I always wondered which end of the Thugee they would have been on.

@Boadicia: I believe the mentioned Tara K. Labus might be partially, if not solely, to blame..

I've heard of Kali, and, sure, she's cool and all I guess, but I don't really feel drawn to her. I won't mind if she stays where she's at. :3 I figure that won't hurt me. *snerks*

Not sure I remember Tiamat, though. I always think of a seven-headed dragon when I hear that name.. But that.. might not be him/her/it, I guess. XD;  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:10 pm
TeaDidikai

When people tell me they are drawn to Kali, I always wondered which end of the Thuggee they would have been on.

Interestingly enough, when I considered becoming Hindu it was Both Shiva and Kali that attracted me for worship.

Do you mean Would they be for or against the Thuggee? Cause for me it would totally depend on which version of the Thuggee we are talking about. The Petty Criminals who make a religion out of their doings, or the deadly political assassins.

Also: This Yellow Scarf seems warm doesn't it? Why don't you try it on wink  

Ethermus Prime

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:10 pm
TeaDidikai
Boadicia

the corrupted Thugee or the actual Thugee ?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:55 pm
Any of the variations on the Thugee.  

TeaDidikai

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:14 am
TeaDidikai

Me

The Petty Criminals who make a religion out of their doings, or the deadly political assassins.

Now that I think about it...I'd take that position in between. The Thuggee origin myth is just way to cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:51 am
Ethermus Prime
TeaDidikai

Me

The Petty Criminals who make a religion out of their doings, or the deadly political assassins.

Now that I think about it...I'd take that position in between. The Thuggee origin myth is just way to cool.

Originally the Thugee were the defenders of those who could not defend themselves. They brought justice to women and children, they were the community risen up to teach the abusive husband a lesson when he failed to honour is wife and his role as husband.

Vigilantes yes but defender in the dark for many they were the threath that kept those who would stray from the code of honour in a community in line.

This then became twisted and poltical with the up rising agains the english and with criminal gangs using the Thugee mythos.

A lot of what is written about Thugee is of course written by british empire historians which as we know are never biased rolleyes

Often it would be women who would be the hidden hands of Khali and would disguise themselfs and defend in the dark as they could not in the light of day.

The black biddies did something similar here in rural ireland.  

ShadowSharrow

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:05 am
I didn't know that first part. That just makes me more inclined to like the Thuggee......as I'm a HUGE Punisher fan razz .  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games