Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:06 pm
Nines19
I'm terrified that if he keeps forgiving me I'm never going to learn how not to hurt him.
Which sucks for a variety of reasons, the most blatant of which is that my base instinct (running away when I'm upset/hurt) seems to hurt him.
This is where compromise plays a major role.

I like to "work things out".
Hubby needs space to think things through before he tackles the situation.

He walks away, I want to sit down and fix it then and there.

The compromise we came up with is a time limit on his cool down that I respect, before he comes back and we try and solve the issue.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 pm
Kuroiban
Violet Song jat Shariff
Dear loving boss,
Perhaps it'll be helpful if you actually look at the previous week's schedule before making the new week's schedule. Some of us don't appreciate being scheduled for 6 days in a row. And no, we don't give two shits if it is on two different pay weeks. In the real ******** world, it's still 6 days in a row and still very much a pain in the a**.

Tagra: I have to agree there sweatdrop .

Don't you just LOVE that. stare

I'm afraid that if I try to switch a day with someone so that I can have a day off during that 6-day stretch, she won't approve it. And/or she'll make my life hel at work until something else comes along that makes her frustrated sweatdrop .  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Nines19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:48 pm
TeaDidikai
Nines19
I'm terrified that if he keeps forgiving me I'm never going to learn how not to hurt him.
Which sucks for a variety of reasons, the most blatant of which is that my base instinct (running away when I'm upset/hurt) seems to hurt him.
This is where compromise plays a major role.

I like to "work things out".
Hubby needs space to think things through before he tackles the situation.

He walks away, I want to sit down and fix it then and there.

The compromise we came up with is a time limit on his cool down that I respect, before he comes back and we try and solve the issue.

That's an idea. I think I'll try it out. Thank you.

(Though in today's particular instance I literally walked out of his house and all the way back to mine. Bad idea, especially once I got home and remembered that I hate being here.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:55 am
Yes, I understand he was a "musical genius" to some, but I didn't think so. Maybe my sister is right when saying we were exposed to all is craziness during my generation, but I still don't give a damn about his death and would rather focus on real news, thank you very much.  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Calixti

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:34 am
Tagra Nar
Gho the Girl
Suffering builds character.

Can. Can build character. Sometimes, it just wears away at a person until they can't handle it anymore.
Sometimes just knowing it's coming, and that it'll come without warning, is enough to wear you down until you can't handle anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:37 am
I haven't slept yet. It's 8:30 am and I still haven't slept.
Perhaps I should go sleep now..  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:27 am
Tagra Nar
Gho the Girl
Suffering builds character.

Can. Can build character. Sometimes, it just wears away at a person until they can't handle it anymore.
Sometimes, but usually that suffering is of a higher than normal level. I just don't think one can really become a fully mature individual without at least some suffering.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:49 am
True Colours of Destiny
Yes, I understand he was a "musical genius" to some, but I didn't think so. Maybe my sister is right when saying we were exposed to all is craziness during my generation, but I still don't give a damn about his death and would rather focus on real news, thank you very much.

Agreed.  

Nines19

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:57 am
Nines19
True Colours of Destiny

Agreed.

I just simply wonder at why they covered it nonstop for 3-4 hours before it was confirmed he was dead. I mean, yes, he had some good music, yes, he set records, and was a celebrity and all. But just because he's at the celebrity "status" doesn't mean CNN and all the news stations should totally forget what their job is and sit around and say "OMG, IS HE DEAD?!" while other important news is going on and this was just speculation at the time.

Another thing I was thinking. I felt horrible for that hospital. All those fans just standing outside.... don't you wonder if they got in the way of other emergency situations? I'd be pissed as hell if a family member died because they couldn't get to the nearest hospital- simply because fans of Micheal Jackson were being inconsiderate and clogging up hospital areas.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:00 am
Gho the Girl
Sometimes, but usually that suffering is of a higher than normal level. I just don't think one can really become a fully mature individual without at least some suffering.

No, but there is a limit. Some forms of suffering can actually stunt maturation. It's like the "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" cliche. Yeah, it might, but it might also maim you.

As per the MJ thing: I'm disgusted at the coverage. Like I was telling my friends, it'll be MJ 24/7, no matter what happens in, say, Iran.  

Tagra Nar

Nines19

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:08 am
Tagra Nar
As per the MJ thing: I'm disgusted at the coverage. Like I was telling my friends, it'll be MJ 24/7, no matter what happens in, say, Iran.

It would be interesting (though not good) if a radical over there tried something over-the-top just to get in our news again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:35 am
Nines19
It would be interesting (though not good) if a radical over there tried something over-the-top just to get in our news again.

One of them seems to have commented that some protesters should be executed. Would that count?  

TagraNar

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:42 pm
Gho the Girl
I just don't think one can really become a fully mature individual without at least some suffering.
Empathy is one of the key tools to developing maturity, but I can't suggest that suffering is the only tool for constructing empathy- as there are individuals who have enough sympathy to overcome a lack of experience.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:14 pm
Tagra Nar

Concurred.

Calixti
Sometimes just knowing it's coming, and that it'll come without warning, is enough to wear you down until you can't handle anymore.

To be entirely fair, anticipation of suffering of that particular hard to chart nature is pretty much suffering in and of itself. Psychological suffering. 3nodding

Gho the Girl
I just don't think one can really become a fully mature individual without at least some suffering.

I don't think so. I think that challenges are needed to grow but suffering and challenges aren't one in the same. Often you will have suffering arise from challenges or even be a cause of challenges but we shouldn't confuse them as being equivalent or always correlated.

Some suffering, low grade, low level, standard suffering, is utterly useless, unhelpful, maiming and doesn't contribute anything to our growth. Sometimes people hurt pointlessly. It sucks but we can't lose sight of that truth in life just to comfort ourselves.  

Recursive Paradox

Calixti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:01 am
Two ohmygodkill me now headaches in two days. One with a warning, so I was able to pump myself full of antihistamines and get to sleep before the pain woke me up. One without a warning, and right while I was watching Doctor Who with some friends online.

I. HATE. EVERYTHING. scream  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games