Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 am
Item idea? Mystery egg, takes the same amount to hatch but when it does you RNG 1-721, any Pokemon you get in the later stage you get the starter (I.E. you hatch a Golbat so get a Zubat)? Possibly shiny, just a thought  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:28 am
If I'm battling a team of Normal Pokemon with my Dusknoir and the first Pokemon uses Odor Sleuth does that mean Dusknoir can be hit for the rest of the battle? If so what does that mean? Scratch does base 40, would it be normal or not very effective?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:40 pm
Loonamist
Lia Syuki
Loonamist
Lia Syuki
Lia Syuki
How would triple battles and multi-hitting moves work? Would I just have to keep track of who's in what spot for what gets hit by an attack that hits all adjacent pokemon/opponents?
Got another question while waiting for this one. If a Technician meowth holding an Amulet Coin were to use pay day, would it gain the benefit from both the ability and the hold item or just from the hold item?

Not 100%, the mods are a bit scattered due to holidays, but I would say that yes, keeping some note or something of the positions would be best for triple battles, if multi-hitting moves are going to work.
So just something like:
Pokemon A Pokemon B Pokemon C
vs
Pokemon 1 Pokmone 2 Pokemon 3

In the order of calculations, abilities activate prior to hold items, so the ability would boost the power of the move, and then amulet coin would double it : )
Okay. ^ _ ^ Figured I aught to make sure before I fling Sable into a triple battle. Not that she's gonna be in one too soon, but I do plan on her being flung into one within a month. XD And whoo! Little meowth is gonna hit hard when it hits level 30. XD And I'll keep that order in mind for the next time something similar comes up. o u o b

Edit: Wait... *double-checked Adaptability in the ability thread and order of operations in battle thread* So... Since the order of operations would have the move gain the level bonus to attack before abilities activate, would that mean Adaptability wouldn't work with Pay Day past level 40? Given that then the level bonus would be 30 and the move would be at 70 by the time it hits the ability in the order of operations? Because that... Would kinda make Adaptability fairly useless at higher levels since the +50 from level 60 would make it so every attack used would do over 60 damage by the time it reaches the ability in the order of operations. :/ Sorry to make it sound nitpicky, I'm just wanting to double- and triple-check before I lock in that meowth's ability since it'd be a lot of posts to get an Ability Capsule if I choose poorly.

Nope, level bonuses do not change the 'base power' of a move, in regards to Technician : )
Ah, okay. ^ u ^ Thank you for clearing things up. Hopefully, I won't have any more questions for a while. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:45 pm
Shadow - Dragon
If I'm battling a team of Normal Pokemon with my Dusknoir and the first Pokemon uses Odor Sleuth does that mean Dusknoir can be hit for the rest of the battle? If so what does that mean? Scratch does base 40, would it be normal or not very effective?
Sorry for double-posting, but I think I can answer this one. Your dusknoir would be able to be hit by normal type attacks for however long it stays on the field, so if you don't switch it out for the entire battle, it would be hit for the whole battle, but if you were to swap out for, say, your greninja, and then swap dusknoir back in, it would go back to being immune to normal type attacks. As for effectiveness, while under the effects of Odor Sleuth or Foresight, normal attacks would be considered normally effective against the ghost typing, so since it's a pure ghost instead of something like aegislash, it'd just be taking normal damage.  

Lia Syuki
Crew

Ice-Cold Rogue

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:04 pm
Lia Syuki
Shadow - Dragon
Sorry for double-posting, but I think I can answer this one. Your dusknoir would be able to be hit by normal type attacks for however long it stays on the field, so if you don't switch it out for the entire battle, it would be hit for the whole battle, but if you were to swap out for, say, your greninja, and then swap dusknoir back in, it would go back to being immune to normal type attacks. As for effectiveness, while under the effects of Odor Sleuth or Foresight, normal attacks would be considered normally effective against the ghost typing, so since it's a pure ghost instead of something like aegislash, it'd just be taking normal damage.

Thank you  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:30 pm
Lia Syuki
Loonamist
Lia Syuki
Loonamist
Lia Syuki
Lia Syuki
How would triple battles and multi-hitting moves work? Would I just have to keep track of who's in what spot for what gets hit by an attack that hits all adjacent pokemon/opponents?
Got another question while waiting for this one. If a Technician meowth holding an Amulet Coin were to use pay day, would it gain the benefit from both the ability and the hold item or just from the hold item?

Not 100%, the mods are a bit scattered due to holidays, but I would say that yes, keeping some note or something of the positions would be best for triple battles, if multi-hitting moves are going to work.
So just something like:
Pokemon A Pokemon B Pokemon C
vs
Pokemon 1 Pokmone 2 Pokemon 3

In the order of calculations, abilities activate prior to hold items, so the ability would boost the power of the move, and then amulet coin would double it : )
Okay. ^ _ ^ Figured I aught to make sure before I fling Sable into a triple battle. Not that she's gonna be in one too soon, but I do plan on her being flung into one within a month. XD And whoo! Little meowth is gonna hit hard when it hits level 30. XD And I'll keep that order in mind for the next time something similar comes up. o u o b

Edit: Wait... *double-checked Adaptability in the ability thread and order of operations in battle thread* So... Since the order of operations would have the move gain the level bonus to attack before abilities activate, would that mean Adaptability wouldn't work with Pay Day past level 40? Given that then the level bonus would be 30 and the move would be at 70 by the time it hits the ability in the order of operations? Because that... Would kinda make Adaptability fairly useless at higher levels since the +50 from level 60 would make it so every attack used would do over 60 damage by the time it reaches the ability in the order of operations. :/ Sorry to make it sound nitpicky, I'm just wanting to double- and triple-check before I lock in that meowth's ability since it'd be a lot of posts to get an Ability Capsule if I choose poorly.

Nope, level bonuses do not change the 'base power' of a move, in regards to Technician : )
Ah, okay. ^ u ^ Thank you for clearing things up. Hopefully, I won't have any more questions for a while. sweatdrop

No worries! : ) Happy to help, and we welcome questions! And thank you for your assist in answering SD's question ^^  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Phantom Senpai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:19 pm
If we randomly choose a trainers Pokemon. Can we use their team later on but level them up, like a rival? I have a story thing I kinda wanna mess with.

Or would I need a vs recorder?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:47 pm
Phantom Senpai
If we randomly choose a trainers Pokemon. Can we use their team later on but level them up, like a rival? I have a story thing I kinda wanna mess with.

I'd say you need a Vs Recorder :0 The point of the random generation is so the NPC's can't be set up for the most beneficial situation for the character, so even if a team is randomly generated the first time, re-using it would require a vs recorder because it could be planned out the second time. Does that make sense? ^^;; Sorry if I worded it confusingly  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Phantom Senpai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:59 pm
Loonamist
Phantom Senpai

I'd say you need a Vs Recorder :0 The point of the random generation is so the NPC's can't be set up for the most beneficial situation for the character, so even if a team is randomly generated the first time, re-using it would require a vs recorder because it could be planned out the second time. Does that make sense? ^^;; Sorry if I worded it confusingly

No that's pretty much what I expected thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:02 am
Phantom Senpai
Loonamist
Phantom Senpai

No that's pretty much what I expected thanks.

Of course! : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:50 am
Is there a Pokecenter in the White Forest? I would think so because of the games but I wanted to make sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:58 am
Shadow - Dragon
Is there a Pokecenter in the White Forest? I would think so because of the games but I wanted to make sure.

If there's one in the games, then yes : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:00 am
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

..I'll be honest I only had Pokemon Black thus Black City. I'd assume there was one as you could fly there  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:42 am
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

..I'll be honest I only had Pokemon Black thus Black City. I'd assume there was one as you could fly there

Well, I did a really quick search and it looks like there's one there x3  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:57 am
Loonamist
hay loona are achievements strictly a one time thing for that person or can we get multiples of the same achievement, one for each character ? Like the gym badgr exp grant ones ? One already had it so does sonoko also get it now or not ?  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games