Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 92 93 94 95 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lazarus The Resurected

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 am
Priestley
I'm no longer Christian.

congrats.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:20 am
viper_353
Haa, okay guys--we're talking about this kind of stuff as that chat area, and we're meant to be a Christian guild? This is going to bug people a lot, but I'm pretty sure that when people look over here then they're not thinking we're reflecting the love of Christ. I know this is oging to get a lot of yelling back and stuff, but seriously...how do you think someone would thinkof us as Christians just coming into a conversation here? We're the only Jesus some people will get to see. Now make the most of the oppourtunity to make an impression Under the title of Christian. cause that's something we're only going to get a few chances to do and i'd rather not ruin my oppourtunities here. I don't want to offend u guys, I'm just saying this isn't the right course if we want to say we listen to Jesus!!

I thought this was a place to come and chill within the guild. If people don't look over all the other christian topics and juge the guild on a conversation about cross-dressing and improvised marital aids in what is, pretty much, the guild chatterbox let them. Also, to be fair the guild contains alot of non-christians. Non-christians are pretty much allowed to discuss whatever topics that cross thier minds because they never have to worry about thier image.
I once went to a wedding dressed as a gothic schoolgirl, the plaid miniskirt, white blouse, fishnet stockings, pigtails, doc marten's, pretty much everything except panties and a stuffed bra. (my sister wouldn't let me borrow one of hers) This wedding was between a born-again friend and a seminary studet with a very conservative family, so dragging out turned alot of heads. Probably the most fun i've ever had.  

Lazarus The Resurected

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:21 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
zz1000zz
Lazarus The Resurected
It's ok zz i make love with my eyes alone.

It must suck to be you.

Not realy. although, I probably should have said, "I can make love with my eyes alone."

That was the joke behind my post.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:42 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
Priestley
I'm no longer Christian.

congrats.

Thanks. It was really more a case of fooling myself into thinking I was and doing what was expected of me.

It's just a label to me now.

Priestley

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:45 pm
Priestley
Lazarus The Resurected
Priestley
I'm no longer Christian.

congrats.

Thanks. It was really more a case of fooling myself into thinking I was and doing what was expected of me.

I understand what you mean. I'm basically Christian in the sense that I believe in Jesus and God. Everything else is subject to debate for me. Sometimes I think not attending church while I was in college was good for me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:45 pm
We got a massive snow storm down here in Oklahoma. I've been snowed in since Thursday. Anyone else get hit with snow?  

freelance lover
Crew

Lazarus The Resurected

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:20 pm
freelance lover
We got a massive snow storm down here in Oklahoma. I've been snowed in since Thursday. Anyone else get hit with snow?

I haven't gotten hit that hard yet this year. last year though we were pure white mounds of the crap from about november to march. Personly i'm not complaining.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:09 am
freelance lover

Seeing as I live in Oklahoma, yeah, I got hit. To be honest though, this weather is not that bad. There was one day where the roads here were somewhat iffy, but otherwise I haven't had any problems. I'm not sure if other parts of Oklahoma were hit worse, especially the less urban ones (there are a few benefits to living in Tulsa).

Odd note. The day the weather first hit was the same day a bunch of Tulsa police officers lost their jobs.  

zz1000zz
Crew

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:50 am
I got hit just before Christmas with roughly 3 ft of snow. It snowed last night, but barely enough to leave a footprint. This is the second time I haven't been able to have a decent snowball fight. The first time because I couldn't open my front door, and the second because there's not enough. *sigh* Will Mother Nature take pity on me and lend me just a bit more? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:43 pm
zz1000zz
freelance lover

Seeing as I live in Oklahoma, yeah, I got hit. To be honest though, this weather is not that bad. There was one day where the roads here were somewhat iffy, but otherwise I haven't had any problems. I'm not sure if other parts of Oklahoma were hit worse, especially the less urban ones (there are a few benefits to living in Tulsa).

Odd note. The day the weather first hit was the same day a bunch of Tulsa police officers lost their jobs.

zz, I always forget you're so close to me. I'm going to be in Tulsa in March for a Flogging Molly concert too!

We got enough to cancel school for two says and cancel all Saturday activities. The roads are starting to get a little better, but driving home today was kind of nerve wracking. I'd say we got about two inches of ice and another 6 or so inches of snow on top of that.

I know rural areas around here are pretty bad. My boyfriend's parents live out in a rural town, and they're supposed to be out of power for about a week.

freelance lover
Crew

Lazarus The Resurected

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:44 pm
Two things I can't believe: 1. That I missed Floggin Molly when they played my home town last October.
2. That americains are getting more snow than my sorry cannuk a**. (well aside from the Alaskans of course.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:15 pm
freelance lover
zz1000zz
freelance lover

zz, I always forget you're so close to me. I'm going to be in Tulsa in March for a Flogging Molly concert too!

Just where is it you live anyway? I know we talked about how close we are to each other, but I really don't remember.  

zz1000zz
Crew

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 pm
zz1000zz
freelance lover
zz1000zz
freelance lover

Just where is it you live anyway? I know we talked about how close we are to each other, but I really don't remember.

Oklahoma City. I've lived here about three years now for college. I'll probably be moving to Florida come May '11. This past weeks weather is making me reeeeeaaally look forward to Florida.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:56 am
freelance lover
Priestley
Lazarus The Resurected
Priestley
I'm no longer Christian.

congrats.

I understand what you mean. I'm basically Christian in the sense that I believe in Jesus and God. Everything else is subject to debate for me. Sometimes I think not attending church while I was in college was good for me.

Ah. I am very much of the school that Jesus never existed in the first place. I suppose that's dodging the isssue of whether I think Jesus told the truth, whether he was lying or whether he was crazy, but... eh. sweatdrop  

Priestley

Priestley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:02 am
Regarding snow: since the UK had one of its largest downfall of snow for some years in December, we've only had a few nights of light snow but lots of frost.

I'm looking forward to spring already. We have blackbirds nesting in the ivy over our garden fence already. I think it's the same pair that was there last year. Looking forward to seeing the chicks. smile

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 92 93 94 95 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games