Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Music Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:27 am
^ I want to hear this Mozart beatboxer...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:38 pm
I heard a drum n bass remix of the Elgar Cello Concerto the other day.

Stuff like that has a novelty value that lasts about 10 seconds before you realise that as music it's absolute wank.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

loIitoads

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:46 am
Boolean Julian
I heard a drum n bass remix of the Elgar Cello Concerto the other day.

Stuff like that has a novelty value that lasts about 10 seconds before you realise that as music it's absolute wank.

When I go to open mic, I appreciate wank. It's better than chaff or 'I want to throw myself out the window' s**t.

As for D'n'B remixes, I do generally agree... Sometimes, it's more than novelty, however D:

Also:

Hadouken! are cool now razz  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:45 am
I just saw Turn of the Screw done by ENO, it blew my mind. I think I'm going to try to go again while the production's still on.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:41 am
I would expect it to, as the reviews have - apart from a few - been pretty glowing, but why in particular. Any detail from 'our man on the ground' as it were?

For the record, I envy your proximity to London.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:02 am
Pokegirl Princess Lolicat
Hadouken never have been and never will be cool
But I like 'em >.<

xXx White Lily xXx

Prince Starchild

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:07 am
xXx White Lily xXx
Pokegirl Princess Lolicat
Hadouken never have been and never will be cool
But I like 'em >.<

Well, mostly by that I meant they're cool now for me, but yea... they're NME babies now, aren't they razz

This week I've been feeling very British and listening to plenty of bands from our own back garden. High on the list has been the best artist Britain ever produced (imho), David Bowie biggrin Shortly following, Patrick Wolf and New Young Pony Club.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:17 am
I've been listening to Bowie a lot too
mainly cause I saw Velvet Goldmine again last week

xXx White Lily xXx

Prince Starchild

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:25 am
xXx White Lily xXx
I've been listening to Bowie a lot too
mainly cause I saw Velvet Goldmine again last week

biggrin

I downloaded a lot off iTunes (only legal downloading works across my Uni netwokr sad )  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:54 pm
I like Spice girls, ^^ I liked them since i was 6-7 and Omg i use to dance around my living room singing....No wonder my family though i was gya so young xd , but i have loads of songs i like, check my pro out has afew song's i like on there. ^^ and a bit of yaoi hehehe twisted  

Daviechu

Prince Starchild

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:45 pm
Blackmagyk
I like Spice girls, ^^ I liked them since i was 6-7 and Omg i use to dance around my living room singing....No wonder my family though i was gya so young xd , but i have loads of songs i like, check my pro out has afew song's i like on there. ^^ and a bit of yaoi hehehe twisted

Are you going to see them then? I think that the tickets are expensive...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:49 am
to see them HAHAHA no il buy tickets to see within temptation, they are better than spicey granny's  

Daviechu

Prince Starchild

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:08 am
Blackmagyk
to see them HAHAHA no il buy tickets to see within temptation, they are better than spicey granny's

Today I'm going to see CSS, Justice and Metronomy. Metronmy, the only British band there actually suck... Justice are French, too, so sorry GBG.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:35 am
Invictus_88
I would expect it to, as the reviews have - apart from a few - been pretty glowing, but why in particular. Any detail from 'our man on the ground' as it were?

For the record, I envy your proximity to London.

Well, it was the first time I'd seen the opera, and the music alone blew me away. The production was also great though. The direction was really clever, all the singers were great actors (in an operatic way) as well as singing their parts. Also, the sets and lighting were all so beautiful and ethereal, it completely captured everything the opera represents.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Daviechu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:56 pm
Omg opera i heart them, my gran and grandad use to take me when i was younger, loved it ever since.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff