Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Relkin9

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:48 am
Ophiuchus
Relkin9
Ophiuchus
Relkin9
WalkingTree
DarkElf27
Cagalli Yura Attha
yeah, not even Primarchs rival the power of the insanely godlike "Saiyan" race, and Primarchs are like... WS8, BS 5, S8, T8, W8, I8, A 10, LD 12, SV 2+ (and 2+ inv)
Thjeres rules for the Primarches?

I suppose that they're hypothetical stats, not actual ones.

Yeah, she got one wrong though. They have A BS of 8 as well. And their attack is something along the lines of 10. or 15. mrgreen Uber-goodness.
once again, BS cannot exceed 5! check the rulebook. It is the ONLY statline that is limited to 5.
BS 1: 6
BS 2: 5+
BS 3: 4+
BS 4: 3+
BS 5: 2+

One could then say that a BS 6 needs a 1+ to hit, but everyone can miss, including the Emperor himself. therefore, they HAVE to be BS 5.

Never played against DARK ELDAR then now have you. Their HQ has A BASE weapon skill of 7. Sheesh, do not assume something without checking first. Even on the chart it says that you CANNOT HIT ON A 1! That means even if you have A BS of 1000000, if you roll one, you missed. GOT IT?!!
... We're talking about BS, not WS. Check your tables. BS is not on a table like WS, S and T. 3nodding WS, S and T go up to 10. Armor goes up to 14... and doesn't go below 9. I think. o_O but BS... up to 5.

Oops, sorry, meant ballistic skill. And yues, GO LOOK!!! Before you say BS like that, read EVERYTHING FIRST!!! Even the Nightbringer disproves you there. I can list other models, but am too lazy to go look.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:51 am
..What's the point in making something over 5 if it's the same as 5? o__O
That'd be like giving a vehicle armor value 2,000,000,000... yet, it's the same as 14.
Yeah, when I make stats, I do them to make sense. You know, not exceeding the tables?  

Ophiuchus

Relkin9

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:54 am
Ophiuchus
That'd be like giving a vehicle armor value 2,000,000,000... yet, it's the same as 14.
Yeah, when I make stats, I do them to make sense. You know, not exceeding the tables?

Yeah, well, here is A hint. THERE ARE THINGS THAT LOWER BS!!!! There is A reason for the way they do it. I mean, going with your logic, why have weapon skills over 7, if they never improve anything over that? I mean, what with only being able to hit on A 3+ and all. And that is at best. At worst, you have A one in three chance of hitting. 5+.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:58 am
Relkin9
Ophiuchus

Yeah, well, here is A hint. THERE ARE THINGS THAT LOWER BS!!!! There is A reason for the way they do it. I mean, going with your logic, why have weapon skills over 7, if they never improve anything over that? I mean, what with only being able to hit on A 3+ and all. And that is at best. At worst, you have A one in three chance of hitting. 5+.
ah, but there are things that RAISE stats, too... Which sort of counter-balances that. Here's a hypothetical. BS does list it as 5+... but the tables only go up to 10. If something had a WS of 10, but then had an upgrade making it WS 11, does it make it illegal, or not matter? I mean, in actuality, it goes AGAINST the tables on the rules, unlike BS, but we can already establish it makes no difference. o_O That's assuming there's something WITH a WS 10 that somehow becomes WS 11. Very hypothetical.  

Ophiuchus

Relkin9

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:00 am
Ophiuchus
Relkin9
Ophiuchus

ah, but there are things that RAISE stats, too... Which sort of counter-balances that. Here's a hypothetical. BS does list it as 5+... but the tables only go up to 10. If something had a WS of 10, but then had an upgrade making it WS 11, does it make it illegal, or not matter? I mean, in actuality, it goes AGAINST the tables on the rules, unlike BS, but we can already establish it makes no difference. o_O That's assuming there's something WITH a WS 10 that somehow becomes WS 11. Very hypothetical.

Actually, the tables are there to HELP, not be the rules themselves. And they follow A certain pattern, so once you know what that pattern is, there will be no problem.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:01 pm
Ok, well I had this issue once before. Theoretically you canm have WS of 11 (avatar's can easily do this) however, and this was decided at one of our tournamnts a while back, That You ould have stats exceeding 10, but they would have no effect. Maybe this was altered in 4th, I can't remember. But that was the way we played in 3rd.  

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

Relkin9

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:31 pm
Dark-oneechan
Ok, well I had this issue once before. Theoretically you canm have WS of 11 (avatar's can easily do this) however, and this was decided at one of our tournamnts a while back, That You ould have stats exceeding 10, but they would have no effect. Maybe this was altered in 4th, I can't remember. But that was the way we played in 3rd.

It has, but then again, we go with what GW says here. As it stands, you will NEVER do ANYTHING on A 1. Pure and simple. It says so in the rules. Other than that, in CC, you can never hit more than 2/3 of the time, as you can never get to hit any better than A 3+. Other than that, everything remains the same.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:23 am
SPACE MARINES mrgreen  

Bloodymadchild

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:17 am
Relkin9
Ophiuchus
Relkin9
Ophiuchus

Actually, the tables are there to HELP, not be the rules themselves. And they follow A certain pattern, so once you know what that pattern is, there will be no problem.
what about vehicle penetration? i'm sure that can be done on a 1. Lascannon with tank killer VS armor 10, S10 vs armor 10... 0 to glance, 1+ to penetrate.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:54 am
Ophiuchus
Relkin9
Ophiuchus
Relkin9
Ophiuchus

what about vehicle penetration? i'm sure that can be done on a 1. Lascannon with tank killer VS armor 10, S10 vs armor 10... 0 to glance, 1+ to penetrate.

On A 1 to hit? As it stands, vehicles work differently, so I am unsure about them. As for troops and the like, it says that in the rulebook. Go look if you do not believe me.  

Relkin9

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:55 am
Well, I was told to post this in here, but, How does everyone feel about the new Lustria Campaign?  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:03 pm
I just ordered my MARS pattern Warhound Titan. That b*****d has free express delivery. in 2-5 days, I'm gonna have to assemble and paint something around 12 inches tall x.x  

Ophiuchus

Rinsaku Tono

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:08 pm
Ophiuchus
I just ordered my MARS pattern Warhound Titan. That b*****d has free express delivery. in 2-5 days, I'm gonna have to assemble and paint something around 12 inches tall x.x

I was going to order one, but i've sorta banned myself from buying anymore Warhammer stuff for a while, i just got my bank statement today eek  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:10 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Ophiuchus

Rinsaku Tono

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:16 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games