Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lazarus The Resurected

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:09 pm
It's ok zz i make love with my eyes alone.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:10 am
This is more disturbing than headcrabs.  

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:46 am
Lazarus The Resurected

It must suck to be you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:51 pm
zz1000zz
freelance lover
Geez, zz, stop giving out false impressions. Now we're all disappointed.

Letting you look isn't the same as letting you touch.

Though in your case...

This just reminded me of what I witnessed last night xD My school hosted a drag show/caberet and one of the drag queens lip synced a song about letting you look and not touch, during which she made a homemade vibrator out of a power drill and cucumber and then ran around stage singing about her breasts while showing her realistic, fake breasts.

I didn't know whether to be disturbed or amused. Good news was the proceeds of the event went to help some local LGBT ground and AIDS support groups. It was actually a really wonderful show.

freelance lover
Crew

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:36 pm
freelance lover
This just reminded me of what I witnessed last night xD My school hosted a drag show/caberet and one of the drag queens lip synced a song about letting you look and not touch, during which she made a homemade vibrator out of a power drill and cucumber and then ran around stage singing about her breasts while showing her realistic, fake breasts.

I didn't know whether to be disturbed or amused. Good news was the proceeds of the event went to help some local LGBT ground and AIDS support groups. It was actually a really wonderful show.

There's something disturbing about men dressed in women's clothing brandishing powertool-driven produce? What kind of world do I live in where THAT is considered out of the norm?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:54 pm
freelance lover
zz1000zz
freelance lover

Though in your case...

I am disturbed this is what came to mind upon talking to me.  

zz1000zz
Crew

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:11 pm
zz1000zz
freelance lover
zz1000zz
freelance lover

Though in your case...

I am disturbed this is what came to mind upon talking to me.

My brain connects in bizarre ways. Trust me, it made sense to me.

@Ryuu. It wasn't so much the guy dressed in drag holding a homemade vibrator that disturbed me, it was just rather unexpected. My university if affiliated with the United Methodist church and we're located in the very middle of the most conservative conference. It just don't know how they got away with it was the added shock factor.

I have no problem with drag queens. I actually see them walking around campus pretty frequently, and my roommate did a drag king number for the fundraiser.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:45 pm
Haa, okay guys--we're talking about this kind of stuff as that chat area, and we're meant to be a Christian guild? This is going to bug people a lot, but I'm pretty sure that when people look over here then they're not thinking we're reflecting the love of Christ. I know this is oging to get a lot of yelling back and stuff, but seriously...how do you think someone would thinkof us as Christians just coming into a conversation here? We're the only Jesus some people will get to see. Now make the most of the oppourtunity to make an impression Under the title of Christian. cause that's something we're only going to get a few chances to do and i'd rather not ruin my oppourtunities here. I don't want to offend u guys, I'm just saying this isn't the right course if we want to say we listen to Jesus!!  

viper_353

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 am
I'm no longer Christian.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:53 am
viper_353
Haa, okay guys--we're talking about this kind of stuff as that chat area, and we're meant to be a Christian guild? This is going to bug people a lot, but I'm pretty sure that when people look over here then they're not thinking we're reflecting the love of Christ. I know this is oging to get a lot of yelling back and stuff, but seriously...how do you think someone would thinkof us as Christians just coming into a conversation here? We're the only Jesus some people will get to see. Now make the most of the oppourtunity to make an impression Under the title of Christian. cause that's something we're only going to get a few chances to do and i'd rather not ruin my oppourtunities here. I don't want to offend u guys, I'm just saying this isn't the right course if we want to say we listen to Jesus!!

On the contrary, I think drag queens and sex are not only perfectly acceptable but are things that SHOULD be talked about. They're a part of life and are topics that we as Christians need to talk about and be open to. This is the off-topic thread and I don't believe I violated any of the ToS or guild rules.

However, I understand why you may be concerned. If a person had a problem with my story (or anything else I've said in any thread for that matter) I would encourage them to PM me and we could discuss it that way. Ultimately I don't think my attending a drag show to raise money for AIDS awareness and LGBT right makes me any less of a Christian- in fact I think it makes me a better one because I am working for something I see as an important cause. I know not all Christians will share my beliefs, but we sometimes we all need to agree to disagree.

I hope that makes sense.

freelance lover
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:12 pm
I think it is good people see this sort of conversation can happen amongst Christians. Fundamentalists have warped the view of Christianity so much, many people would never expect Christians to talk about these things.

People can see the morally uptight Christian viewpoint practically anywhere. A loving, open and accepting Christian viewpoint is much harder to find.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:57 am
Grabbing some gold. Yoink. smile  

Priestley

Priestley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:43 am
Incidentally, there's more gold to be earned playing Booty Grab in the Aquarium forum than there is here. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:48 am
Priestley
Incidentally, there's more gold to be earned playing Booty Grab in the Aquarium forum than there is here. wink

Coincidence? I think not.  

freelance lover
Crew

Lazarus The Resurected

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 am
zz1000zz
Lazarus The Resurected

It must suck to be you.

Not realy. although, I probably should have said, "I can make love with my eyes alone."  

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games