Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:32 am
I just got word that a limited edition Horus Heresy novella called Promethean Sun has gone on sale over at the Black Library site. Priced at £30 and limited to 3000 copies world wide, all are signed by the author (Nick Kyme) and it is projected that they will sell out some time today at this rate. As such, the Black Library site is woefully hard to reach due to all that traffic.

The Story
The Great Crusade reaches a feral world known only as One-Five-Four-Four. The forces of the Imperium arrive to deliver the primitive natives from enslavement at the hands of the alien eldar. The Iron Hands of Ferrus Manus and Mortarion’s Death Guard fight in theatres of war across the world, but the most vicious combat takes place in the deep jungles, where Vulkan and the Salamanders bring the Emperor’s wrath to the heathen aliens.

Vulkan and his sons must brave the deadly jungles, battle monstrous reptilian beasts and contend with the vile sorcery of the eldar if they are to liberate this world and bring the Emperor’s light to its backwards inhabitants.

About the book
This lavish, A5 hardback novella wrapped in faux salamander skin features an exclusive story that will not be printed anywhere else for at least two years. Only three thousand copies of this collectors’ edition novella will ever be printed – order your copy early to avoid disappointment.

The official "trailer" can be found here.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:22 am
And like a little b***h fanboy Mac got himself an overpriced copy. gonk  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 pm
You're just jelly I got one and you didn't! xp  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:17 am
I'm trying to get one myself, hopefully the money will be on my card in time before the last copies are sold out. Lets hope.

On another note, this is the first in 4 novellas about different Primarchs. Gav Thorpe will be writing about Lion El Johnson, Rob Sanders is working on the Alpha Legion, primarily Alpharion and Omegon while Graham McNeill is working on the fourth in which I have no idea what Legion he'll be focussing on. I'm guessing Ultramarines, but nothing has been said of his involvement.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:37 pm
They're all sold out now sadly.

Also, Dan is writing about Heresy era Ultramarines, though Graham did a good job with the short story Rules of Engagement featured in Age of Darkness.

Speaking of which, I got that today along with Caledor, Blood Reaver, Fall of Damnos and Garros LOO. I've already listened to Garro, which was okay and the reveal wasn't as shocking, right now I'm working through Age of Darkness so I can join in on the discussions being held over at Dakka Dakka in regards to some of the stuff handled. After that, I'll dive straight into Caledor, there's a review here I'm itching to read but I haven't as of yet due to spoilers.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:17 pm
Unfortunately for me the money never cleared in time. Still, I intend to buy the Dark Angels novella by Gav Thorpe.

Thinking about it, Lt, if you swap Blood Reaver for Bloodforged then you would have the complete list of my purchases from Black Library live which is somewhat scary lol Still, all good reads and I might get Blood Reaver myself in the future along with Soul Hunter and Throne of Lies.

I must admit, out of all of Age of Darkness, the only story I didn't enjoy was Iron Within by Rob Sanders, but dont let me put you off reading it.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:51 am
700 copies went on-line just now.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:05 am
Well I've ordered Promethean Sun today, and I cant wait to see what its like. If I enjoy it then I intend to get the novella by Gav Thorpe when its released.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:39 am
Please do share your findings! I'm super-curious. surprised  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 am
Almost done on Age of Darkness, expect a spoiler-tagged review soon.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:47 am
Yes please!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:37 am
Savage Weapons is definitely one of the best of the stories of the anthology, that and The Face of Treachery. I also have to say John French made a very good short story with The Last Remembrancer.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:32 am
Last Remembrancer and Face of Treachery both had great hooks and material, especially Face, which had a most delicious ending. Savage Weapons is also a good one, it does shed some light on one of those big Heresy questions.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:24 pm
What I definitely enjoyed was seeing Iacton Qruze. After finishing Flight of the Eisenstein, I was always curious to know what happened to him. ***slight spoiler alert*** We know he went with Garro to answer the summons of the Sigilite who wanted warriors of Inquisitive nature, but thats it. Garro is mentioned with 2 audio dramas (both good to listen to) but thats it.

I felt ADB gave a stunning story with Savage Weapons, I wonder if he'll continue with the Dark Angels or Night Lords in the Horus Heresy series.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:51 am
You know, spoilers would work better if they were blanked out or put a little bit further away from the warning..  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games