Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:27 pm
User Image
You can make the hero you are
With your brains, your aim, and your battle stars
Everybody's got a story, of all their troubles, all their glories
Tell me yours you cannot bore me, there's a hero in you

User Image

Only one swing. Jacob winced when he realized his hit probably connected when he heard the whistle blown and Elli call for everyone to land. He landed as well, still feeling sore, and walked over to Elli. He knew what was up now, it was just a matter of deciding the team. He would give his two cents, and help there. He looked over to the rest, regarding in his head everything he saw during tryouts, and joined Elli off to the side, ready to debate the merits and the pitfalls of his teammates and figure out which would make the cut.

Position: Beater
AC: 17
Modifiers: Hitting the Bludger +7, 16+ to Deflect Bludgers
Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
Final Roll:

----------------------------------
State: Determined
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

Socks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:37 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Hazel eyes locked on Tevye just a moment before he hit a bludger towards him. Cameron extended his arm backwards in an attempt to send the bludger right back at the beater; however, the whistle blew which meant the end of tryouts arrived. Lucky for Tevye because he could have been hit pretty hard, and Cam knew this hit was going to be a tough one. The sixth year flew down to the ground before the bludger could reach him. He didn't plan on ending the tryouts with one last memorable hit to his body. Man, I hope I make the team, he thought, but he knew the competition for beaters was horribly intense.

Team: 2
Armour Class: +16
Aiming At:
People Hit: 4
Bludgers Blocked: 2
Modifiers: (hitting bludger +6)
Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Total Roll:
Hit Bludger: 4+ without Modifier
Block Bludger: 16+
Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:40 pm
User Image

User Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩ 
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

Elli nodded her head as she and Jacob came to an agreement, and then headed over to the rest of the group. She whistled with her mouth, letting her actual whistle dangle from her neck, to get everyone's attention. "Alright everyone the team has been decided. Each position on the team has 2 reserve spots and if you get placed as first reserve you'll be the first called onto the pitch if needed. Got it?" She waited for confirmation from the crowd of students before continuing.

"Christian Barett, you will be our keeper. Xavier Nicholson, and Caitlin Engels, you will be my fellow chasers. David Clarisse you will be our seeker. Cameron Rowley, you will be our other beater." She let the starting team choices sink in as she quickly read over her list of reserves before nodding again. She knew the choices she was making were right and she was going to hold true to her stance.

"For Keeper. First reserve is Minn Nolynn. Second Reserve is Alex Quimby. For Seeker. First reserve is Romy Bleiddiaid. Second Reserve is Eun Han. For Beater. First reserve is Tevye Murphy. Second reserve is Toby Walsh. And finally for Chaser. Our one and only reserve is Leonette Mitchell." With her team announced, Elli nodded to everyone in the group around her. "If any of you have any questions, please feel free to come to me and ask them."

OOC: Position: Chaser
                                                            Modifiers: (+7 for shots) (+7 for steals)
                                                            Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                                                            Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                            Above AC steal
                                                            -/3

0-0

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩ 
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩ 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:50 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria sighed when she heard the whistle blow. I didn't even have a chance to show my skills! she thought, feeling rather annoyed. But she blew it. She blew her chance to show what a great keeper she could be. The girl flew down to the pitch and waited anxiously for the captain and vice captain to decide the team. When they announced that she would be the second reserve for the keeper position, another sigh escaped the girl's lips as dark eyes narrowed to stare at the ground. "There's always next year," she mumbled to herself then walked towards the school.

Armour Class: +12
Shots Blocked: 0
Modifiers: (blocking goals +4)
Skills: Great Catch, Hold The Line, Natural Flyer
Total Roll:
Block Quaffle: Higher roll than shooter
Lives: [1] [2] [3]

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:53 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Eleven year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: TBA{|}Mood: Cheated

Theo listened and when it was announced, he instantly began to walk off the pitch. Why? Because it angered him. He couldn't believe it. A kid that walked off the pitch, cursing his own teammates, gets a spot. A tear almost came to his eye when he said forget it. This sport wasn't worth it if the so called leaders reward poor sportsmanship. This wasn't his game. He had no reason to play. I can't even believe this, he thought to himself. I don't even care. This team...this pitch...this school.

He instantly went to the castle, leaving the broom he was flying on the pitch for them to clean up. He felt cheated. Sure, he did not catch anything...but he had just about the same amount of chances as the older boy who walked off the pitch. "I'll stick to football. That's where I am great. This team is full of fifth years and a fourth year. I wouldn't even be able to try for real until my fourth year," he said to himself.

He really could say a few words to their so called captain, but he would hold his tongue. He was better than that. He was better than this. He would never understand, but all it told him was he should stick to what he was good at. He would never fit into that sport. He liked it, but he no longer loved it. It was ruined for him now and all he would do was look back at it and say that it was a learning experience.

AC: 12
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes(+2 to Spotting), Natural Flyer, Great Catch(+2 to Catching)
Chasing Number: 0/3
Spotting Number: 0/2
Final Roll:
Roll Number:
Lives: rofl ninja mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:07 pm
User Image
User Image
Heart pounds, eyes blink, brain thinks
I need to Seek, but what?
The Snitch, no
There is but one goal.

I shall be victorious
But only for her
She is mine
And I shall win for her

Romy snuggled awkwardly into his sister, not sure what to say. The seventh year was comforting and loving, which warmed his heart, but it wasn't.... right... for some reason. Maybe she wasn't the girl he was hoping to get comfort from? When Elli began to announce the team, he looked up, blinking. Xavier and Cait were Chasers and David was Seeker. He wasn't at all surprised at David's position, but Remy's lack thereof? That was... different. Though, he could see why Elli did what she did. Remy hadn't exactly finished the year prior on good terms. Maybe... maybe the Seventh Year would be okay, or maybe she'd sink back into her depression. He looked at the girl, a nervous curiosity in his eyes.

Modifiers: +7 to Spot, +7 to Catch

Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
Chasing Number: 3/3
Spotting Number: 2/2
Final Roll: __ Spotted
Roll Number: __
Lives: [♌] [♌] [♌]
Total Catches: 2
{Just to Translate:}
{In My Notes:}

Her heart, her eyes, her mind
Everything I could ever need
Her soul glows gold
Her heart mine to catch

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:14 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Relief swept over Cameron when he was announced as the second beater next to the vice captain. The sixth year couldn't help but grin, he was just happy to be on the immediate team. After all, he was placed as a reserve once before when Elli was partly in charge though he did know the brunette played by rules and as fairly as she could, so the fact that he was placed on the team this year must have meant his tryouts when great!

Armour Class: +16
Aiming At:
People Hit: 4
Bludgers Blocked: 2
Modifiers: (hitting bludger +6)
Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Total Roll:
Hit Bludger: 4+ without Modifier
Block Bludger: 16+
Lives: [1] [2] [3] [4]

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:16 pm
User Image
User Image

You can go the distance
You can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile

Fourth YearBeaterGryffindorSingle

Standing in the hall of fame
And the world's gonna know your name
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame
And the world's gonna know your name
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

Tevye felt a bit sad he did not make the team this year. He blinked a bit as he heard the rest of the reserves. "What about Remy she's not even going to get a change to play?" The boy may be disappointed he's not going to play every game but he'd be crushed if he got told he did not make the team at all.

You could be the hero
You could get the gold
Breaking all the records they thought never could be broke

{Out of Character:}

Position: Beater
AC: 19
Modifiers: +9 to AC, +5 to Hit. -2 Ouch that smarts.
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [] [] [ ] [ ]  

Xistund

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:39 am
User Image
I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

User Image
I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar

Remy looked up when she heard the loud whistle, eyes wide in curiosity. As Elli began listing names, the Seventh Year applauded lightly, clapping for each of the students that made the team. Her soft smile never left her face, a sort of dreamy expression there. Sure, she didn't make the team, but had she really expected any different? She remembered Elli's words in Steele's office the year prior."Not our whole team is pitiful repulsive creatures like her." It was true, wasn't it? The team was full of great kids, and she was proud she had gotten to make friends with them while she had the chance.

The gold eyed girl walked over to Elli, looking directly into the younger girl's eyes. "Good luck this year, McHalen. Hopefully you can get the team out of the slump I deadlocked us into. Maybe we'll finally win." Without another word, or even a glance in any other direction, she walked off the Pitch, a vial of potion swinging from a leather cord around her neck. A tear fell down her cheek as she walked away, leaving behind one of the last few things in the world that could make her smile.

TEAM ONE CHASER
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8
Total Roll: __
00//03
Skills: Good Arm || Natural Flier || Swift Swipe
Lives: [✭] [✮] [✭]

{OoC:}

You held me down, but I got up
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up
Get ready ’cause I've had enough
I see it all, I see it now

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:17 am
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Try Out Clothes]
Company: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls

➳ ➳ ➳

Not even reserve?

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna listened to the listing of the team, waiting to see how the beaters would play out, then her eyes flashed when it was announced that Toby would get the second reserve and not her. She had done better: landed more hits. Sure she had her sharp anger problem but didn't Eun show worse sportmanship than she did.

"Guess that's what happens when the captain only listens to half your answer," Ronna replied, unzipping her bloody hoodie. And holding it in a ball in her arms. She'd work on cleaning it that night. Maybe it give her something to focus on to get her anger out.

She nodded to Crash and said, "Well, congrats on getting keeper, Crash. I'm taking my leave. No reason to linger. Guess I'll see you here again next year for try-outs, Captain." Holding her broom and bloody hoodie she walked towards the castle keeping her head held high: she knew why she hadn't made reserve like she wanted it was because she pissed off Elli and her boyfriend, but if they had fully paid attention they would have realized what she said wasn't all bad. It was frustrating. Of course, then again, Elli hadn't given Remy a chance either...

Hit by Bludger: 5
Saved from Bludger: 0

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:16 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Try-outs

"I'll just get some help with it when either is free." Leontte told Minn.

After getting help before going back to playing, Leonette was once again hit although not without a lack of trying to protect her by Ronna. As the try-outs came to an end she made it as reserve for Chaser and David made Seeker like he always dreamed. However what floored her was that Remy didn't even get to be reserve. That was completely unfair in her eyes. Looking to see David's reaction it went from ecstatic to downright angry.

Leonette quickly went to David's since in a flash. "David's just let it go..." she told him in less than a whisper. "We should probably head back." she continued hoping to get his attention before he blew up and lost his spot on the team.

With: Quidditch Team

Wearing: Try-out outfit

OOC: Team 1 (0/3)
Position: Chaser
AC: 10
Modifiers: +2 block, +2 steal, +2 shoot, -1 hit
Special Skills: Hold the Line, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:28 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Try-outs

Listening to the main team list David at first was a little shocked that Remy didn't make it as at least one of their Chasers. When he heard he made Seeker he was the happiest he could ever be. "Yes." he cheered for himself. "I won't let you down Elli." he told her beaming with happiness.

It wasn't until David heard the reserve list that he was downright pissed off. Remy from what he could tell was one of their best players if she didn't play they were going to be a huge disadvantage. All happiness had completely left and for once being on the team left a sour taste in his mouth. If it weren't for the fact that he would with his luck lose his spot on the team for yelling at Elli he would have said something. Then again David might have if not for Leonette stepping in.

"Right..." David said spinning on his heels and walking off the pitch. He wasn't going to say another word to Elli after that. In fact she'd just lost all respect that he'd given her at least for the time being.

With: Quidditch Team...

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Total Catches: 3

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 am
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearSingleReserve KeeperWearing

Minn looked at Elli when she began announcing the team, then glanced at Alex. That wasn't fair at all, and she decided to say something. "Elli! I have a problem with the team! Alex and I didn't even get to try to block any shots! How can you call the team with it being as unfair as this!? Just 'cause the Chasers on my team were good enough to keep the Quaffle at the other goals means I don't even get to try-out? And don't say I did try out, because sitting in front of a goal while you and Xavier weren't even trying to get the Quaffle near me isn't trying out. I kindly request a retry for myself, and one for Alex too, 'cause I want to play on the team." The normally quite happy girl was quite a bit angry, but not just at the one-sided Keeper tryouts. She had known Remy for years upon years now, and knew the older girl wasn't happy. Unfortunately, she'd also come to learn quite a bit about Elli, and she didn't much approve. It wasn't fair. The greed eyed girl crossed her arms. She had done good last year, but now she wasn't even given a chance? That was stupid, and she would fight it tooth and nail. It seemed the only way to get anything done anymore was to be loud and violent. What about all the people she didn't even give a chance? For now, the girl kept quiet, waiting for Elli's response. Maybe, just maybe, she would get a chance to prove herself.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Try Out Clothes]
Company: Gryffindor Team Hopefuls

➳ ➳ ➳

Hmm... Minn does have a point.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna paused noticing David's simmering temper, Leo telling him to let it go, and Minn making a valid point that Alex and Minn really didn't have an opportunity to try out because the chasers were so good. There was also the fact that she had a reserve chaser position open and Remy didn't even get that and then the fact that Toby, who did worse in try outs than Ronna did, got a spot as reserve.

Quite frankly, Ronna was furious, she knew her temper was mostly the reason she didn't get even a position as reserve, but how it played out with Remy was just wrong! And Minn did have a point about the keepers. "Captain," Ronna said using the title even though she wasn't on the team, because after all Elli was the Gryffindor's Quidditch Captain. "Not that you probably care about a non-team members opinion, but if you didn't plan on taking on Remy even when you had the positions it would have been better if you had told her before try-outs. And Minn does have a point... I mean she did play keeper all last year. Should count for something."

She shrugged and waited for an answer to Minn's demands and also the possible blow up her statement would bring. Ronna figured she had nothing to lose by further pissing off the quidditch captain at this point-who obviously was prone to making poor decisions in Ronna's book.

Hit by Bludger: 5
Saved from Bludger: 0

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:29 pm
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: nervous] [thinking: I'm probably not going to get an actual spot...] [with: Gryffindors] [at: Gryffindor Team Tryouts]

Toby landed, expecting to hear that Ronna had made second reserve, and that he was just going to have to try out again next year, sorry. To his shock, he made second reserve, which he didn't think he would make. He frowned despite his excitement at having made the team, trying to figure out why. Ronna seemed mad. Well, you did pick a fight, he thought to himself silently. He had a hot temper as well, but he would never mouth off to two older students, especially when one of them was in charge of who got on the team. Another boy who's name, he thought, was David, stalked off, obviously upset about something- Toby was pretty sure it was the fact that Remy, the former captain, hadn't made the team again. Well, she had cheated, and yeah, it sucked she didn't make it back on...but it was ultimately the captain and vice captain's decision, right? They seemed to know what they were doing, and he wasn't just thinking that because he had gotten a spot. A younger girl, Leo, was it, followed after the boy. He was pretty sure they were related. He stepped up somewhat awkwardly to Elli and Jacob, scratching the back of his head. "Um, thanks. For making me a reserve. I didn't really expect to get on the team, but I did. I won't let you guys down, if I'm put in a game," he promised, a grin starting to light up his features. Then Minn and Ronna piped up. Toby blinked, and then his mouth opened before his mind considered. "Hey! Calm down! Why are you just pissed at Elli- er Captain!? She and Jacob- no disrespect, mate-sir, um...yeah! They both made the decision, and shouldn't you be talking to them about it later, not in front of everyone causing a scene! This team's dramatic enough, no offense guys!" He folded his arms, decided that seemed sort of pratty, and unfolded them, shoving his hands in his pockets. "You and Crash are in the same year, so wouldn't you both have an equal chance of getting the spot? You're first reserve, anyways. Why are you complaining?" Saying anything to Ronna seemed like asking for a punch right now. Then he seemed to realize that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't his place to be talking, and his brown eyes widened. "I mean-! Uh! Sorry," he finished lamely. "I'm just going to....shut up and go now. Thanks again, Captains." He gave an awkward salute and jogged off, holding his broom.

Younger now than we were before.

TEAM 2
Position: Trying Out for Beater
AC: 12
Mods: +2 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X)(X)(X)(X)

((This is my first time, ever, rping a character playing Quidditch. The dice system confuses the heck out of me but I'm going to try. Please let me know if I do anything wrong, guys. Thanks!))

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games