Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:01 am
Oh my, I already have all of those. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:10 am
Every single one? :O  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:22 am
Knowing him and having seen that collection, oh yes and then some. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:38 pm
Oh well, with lots of goodies coming out for Warhammer 40K, Fantasy and other games, I sometimes wonder if we are missing the releases for Black Libary.

Meh, still I'm looking forward to Caledor, and after finding C.L. Werner is writing another Warhammer Heroes book, I definitely find that worth looking forward to.  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:10 pm
I gotta stop reading Horus heresy books. ): They make me so frustrated, about how I can't do anything to correct the traitor Primarch's incredibly juvenile problems.

How easily blinded they are and easily tricket by lies..  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:34 pm
It's not like a hug and a friendly pat on the shoulder will fix anything. Most have deeply rooted trauma or really bad parents. sad  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:52 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
It's not like a hug and a friendly pat on the shoulder will fix anything. Most have deeply rooted trauma or really bad parents. sad

Reading the HH novels is like watching Evangelion... Humanitys finest weapons turn itself into curse due to bad father-son relations...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:16 pm
It's like a horribly slow train wreck to be fair, and yes most of them DO have massive parenting issues.

Their arrogance, ignorance and naivety are outstanding though...

What I would give to marry sue this and fix it all so the Imperium wouldn't have the Horus heresey... lol not that I will.

Would also like to stop being ******** c**k-teased in First Heretic about the 2 unknown legions.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 pm
Just wait until you get to the part where they see some of the baby Primarch pods arrive at their adopted worlds, that is a strong bit right there.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:41 pm
Yeah, already finished the book. Something similar happened with Horus in, I think Horus Rising?

Although not really sure if I could discern all of it from that part as it was slightly confusing as to which one was which.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:58 pm
Can you explain in First Heretic which order the Primachs go in? I can guess some of them however.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:19 am
Jason Kharo
Can you explain in First Heretic which order the Primachs go in? I can guess some of them however.
The first is the Lion, the only Primarch to land on a world truly tainted and infested by the powers of Chaos.

Second is Fulgrim, who landed on Chemos.

Third is Perturabo landing on Olympia.

Fourth is Konrad Kurze on Nostromo.

Fifth is Angron making a traumatising landing onto an unknown world.

Sixth is Mortarion who landed on a world whose name I can't remember.

Seventh is Magnus landing on Prospero, with both eyes still intact. He would not give up his eye and become the Cyclops until he found his Legion and the curse it carried.

Eight is Horus landing on, ho-hum, that moon I can't remember at the moment.

Ninth is Lorgar, who has been held in the Warp far longer than any other Primarch.

The last pod is one of the two unknown and slain Primarchs, as the contents are revealed to be mutated and tainted beyond recovery. It should be noted that while the Word Bearers are there, so is Horus (see: False Gods), who cracks incubator pod II. He is also the one who sees the red blurr (Argal Tal) lash out against the containment systems that keep the pods hidden from the Gods of Chaos.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:26 am
Yeah, I got Fulgrim, Kurze, Motarion, Magnus, Horus and Lorgar.

I wasn't too sure about the Lion and thought Angron (I think) was Russ.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:15 am
All traitor legion Primarchs were mentioned, except for Alpharius and

[MASSIVE SPOILERS - HIGHLIGHT TO READ]
Omegon, which does mesh in with the seeds that Dan planted at the end of Legion, that the Alpha Legion would side with Chaos, but remain true to the Emperor.
[END OF SPOILERS]

From what I've gathered from AD-B is that the Lion is mentioned because he was also a prime candidate for turning to Chaos, but fought off the temptations for the most part, though he is still an opportunistic t**t. Just look at the end of the novel Fallen Angels, where he gives Perturabo the siege guns in exchange for his vote as new Warmaster. It also remains to be seen how the Dark Angels will be shown during the later stages of the Heresy: will it be like Angels of Darkness, where the Lion is waiting to see who gains the upper hand or will the authors give it a spin of their own to make the Dark Angels earn their title as "Unforgiven" in the eyes of the Emperor.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:31 pm
Right now I'm working my way through Savage Scars, which is a real improvement over Voldorius.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games