Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:16 am
maenad nuri
I promise to listen and try to understand.
If this was there stance, it'd be easier. But it isn't. It boils down to "No no no no no! I can't be a Signist, Racist, Ablist etc and I won't change!".

Also? When did it become okay to flame someone in the guild?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:26 am
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri
I promise to listen and try to understand.
If this was there stance, it'd be easier. But it isn't. It boils down to "No no no no no! I can't be a Signist, Racist, Ablist etc and I won't change!".

We've always called people jerks and assholes here, Tea. I didn't catch that last night as I was typing my response up. I'm keeping my general stance of not deleting posts. But I want that to be the last one of it's kind.

Got it, everyone?

I do think Fiddlers got the best point: The way to react to incivility isn't with more. If I were a new person to M&R, or even this guild sometimes, I would just leave. It's not healthy at all. And I think each one of us contributes to that. Myself included.  

maenad nuri
Captain

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:05 am
This ends.
I don't care if it ends with two of the guildies not talking to each other or interacting or if it ends with a sacharin filled "we all love each other" ending.
I don't care who started it with what action.
This ends, now, or I get mad.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:01 am
CuAnnan
This ends.
I don't care if it ends with two of the guildies not talking to each other or interacting or if it ends with a sacharin filled "we all love each other" ending.
I don't care who started it with what action.
This ends, now, or I get mad.

Can I ask what makes you mad, exactly?  

patch99329

Tagra Nar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:37 am
TeaDidikai

And people would probably step back and think a little more if you used an approach that did not involve going immediately for the jugular.

This applies to all the regulars who do it. Striking hard and fast is not an effective means of debate or change (barring military coups).

And going so swiftly to key buzz words that you know upset and infuriate people is no better than someone calling you by an ethnic slur.
Quote:

Hardly flaming. rolleyes Let me rephrase: The regulars are abrasive beyond measure. And they mistake abrasiveness as being direct. It isn't. I can be direct about something without resorting to trying to whittle someone down to nothing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:06 pm
Again, at risk of producing an argument from tone, drop it.

I welcome people who want to make constructive criticisms of the guild and of our mother forum M&R. I know that plenty of people are dissatisfied with others people behavior.

Here's what I would like to see: those of you with specific grievances towards others, I want you to work them out. You don't have to like each other (I learned long ago the Geek Fallacy 4 works for forums as well, and my friends don't have to like each other) but the sniping in forum has got to stop.

I am ******** wiling to break out my "Building a Peaceable School" mediation book and be a go-between because this right now? ISN'T HELPING. It's more toxic.

You want to make the guild and M&R a better place, you have to step up as well. Pointing fingers at nukers and saying "BAD PERSON" doesn't help after you've done it. We regs have gotten complacent and I think we needed that wake up call.

There is a time and a place for harsh, abusive and abrasive language. This guild isn't one of them. You can be direct, you can swear, you don't have to be nice.

You want to make M&R and the guild better? Tell me what you are going to do.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TagraNar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:10 pm
maenad nuri
Tell me what you are going to do.

Why tell you when we can simply do it? o 3o  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:16 pm
TagraNar
maenad nuri
Tell me what you are going to do.

Why tell you when we can simply do it? o 3o

Public ownership is a good thing.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:09 pm
Let's make more topics!

*Coughcough* *Has several more ideas for topics*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:10 pm
True Colours of Destiny
Let's make more topics!
I'm all for that. It always seems a shame that some of the most interesting topics die in the first couple days.  

TeaDidikai

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:46 pm
TeaDidikai
True Colours of Destiny
Let's make more topics!
I'm all for that. It always seems a shame that some of the most interesting topics die in the first couple days.

That's what happens to me, the few times I ventured to make topics, they all disappeared into oblivion almost instantly. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:10 pm
too2sweet

That's what happens to me, the few times I ventured to make topics, they all disappeared into oblivion almost instantly. gonk
Deo, Nuri and I suffer from the same problem. But I keep trying damnit. blaugh

Pagan Clergy and Standards, Gender Polarized Religious Traditions, Wicca and Homosexuals, Secular Saints Days and non-Catholic Observation, Pay for Play Theology, The Anatomy of a Mr. Dark, Your Favorite Offerings and Their Favorite Offerings, Company Policy on Rape: Just, Moral or Neither?, Intellectual Honesty, Titles and Christmas, Home and Hearth within Spiritual Traditions, Moral Bounderies and Overlapping Borders, Politics + Witchcraft- Bad idea in Salem; Bad idea now , Soundbite Ethics ...

The list goes on. All dead within a handful of pages.  

TeaDidikai

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:12 pm
I know for me, sometimes I'm just never sure what to say, or if I do, if what I have to say is actually relevant sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:16 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
I know for me, sometimes I'm just never sure what to say, or if I do, if what I have to say is actually relevant sweatdrop .
Say it anyway. If nothing else, people will tell you why it isn't relevant and you can agree and accept, or disagree and debate.  

TeaDidikai

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 pm
Tea, i think all of those topics are really interesting.

the downside is that i'm a newb, so i can't contribute much yet until i've had more time to learn/research/etc. so basically i partway lurk this guild and definitely lurk M&R because i have no materials from which to draw an argument. i'm not the type to go spewing b.s., so i watch and try to learn from others.

maybe that's why they die so quickly? because people aren't educated enough to argue one way or another and can only contribute questions?

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games