Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:06 pm
A lot of what goes into firing a gun is mental. The same is true of golf, darts, and plenty of other things. Once you learn how to do one well, you can learn the others more quickly.

Compared to throwing darts, hitting a target with a gun is easy.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:47 pm
zz1000zz
Compared to throwing darts, hitting a target with a gun is easy.

This is why only a select few peoples in the world still use darts to hunt.  

Priestley

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:04 pm
There is a type of dart which doesn't use flights (think feathers on an arrow) usually called "nail."

Imagine hunting with that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:53 am
The Amazing Ryuu
zz1000zz
I fired a gun yesterday. I was a better shot straight from the start than the three people with me, all of whom had fired guns numerous time in the past.

Should I be worried I am good at that?

Nah. It's all beginner's luck. wink

On a related note, I got to fire a gun once. It was a rifle, and since I, in my eleven-year-old brilliance, didn't pay any attention to the nice man telling me how to stand, I got knocked right off my feet. It was fun. xd

YOU'LL SHOOT YER EYE OUT, KID! scream  

freelance lover
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:35 pm
freelance lover
The Amazing Ryuu
zz1000zz
I fired a gun yesterday. I was a better shot straight from the start than the three people with me, all of whom had fired guns numerous time in the past.

On a related note, I got to fire a gun once. It was a rifle, and since I, in my eleven-year-old brilliance, didn't pay any attention to the nice man telling me how to stand, I got knocked right off my feet. It was fun. xd

It's okay, he has another one. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:08 pm
Priestley
freelance lover
The Amazing Ryuu
zz1000zz

Just curious, did you get that reference?

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year! My friend and I ended up getting in a car wreck, but we're all fine. Hydroplaning sucks though.

But Happy New Years!

freelance lover
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:16 pm
freelance lover
Priestley
freelance lover
The Amazing Ryuu
zz1000zz

Just curious, did you get that reference?

Sadly, I did not. I shall Google it.

freelance lover
I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year! My friend and I ended up getting in a car wreck, but we're all fine. Hydroplaning sucks though.

D: Glad you came out of it okay! By the way, this is why people generally drive cars on land, just so you know. wink

freelance lover
But Happy New Years!

And you!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:27 pm
The "Shoot your eye out" thing is a reference to the move A Christmas Story. It's a classic Christmas movie here in the states, which is why I wondered if you'd get it. The kid wants a bebe gun and everyone keeps saying he'll shoot his eye out.

It's funny, I promise sweatdrop

freelance lover
Crew

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:39 pm
zz1000zz
There is a type of dart which doesn't use flights (think feathers on an arrow) usually called "nail."

What about hunting with a blow gun? wink

Anyhow. To me, anyone who hunts with anything but a bow and arrow doesn't get my respect. I killed a deer with my 4-door sedan. This isn't exactly an elusive creature.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am
The Amazing Ryuu
zz1000zz

Anyhow. To me, anyone who hunts with anything but a bow and arrow doesn't get my respect. I killed a deer with my 4-door sedan. This isn't exactly an elusive creature.

Was the car okay?  

Priestley

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:57 pm
Priestley
Was the car okay?

Shockingly, yes. I had a handspan's worth of hood dented in about a quarter of an inch and lost the glass over the left headlight. Other than that, it was fine. Blew my mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 pm
The Amazing Ryuu
zz1000zz

Hunting with a blowgun is surprisingly easy. The trick in blowgun hunting is to get a shot, which is a lot harder than with a bow or gun. You have less range, so you have to be able to get closer to your target.

Lots of fun actually.

The Amazing Ryuu

What about Rambo style, hunting with just a big knife?  

zz1000zz
Crew

ferret658

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:10 pm
zz1000zz
The Amazing Ryuu

What about Rambo style, hunting with just a big knife?

Rambo or Ted Nugent style, for me, gets a ten thumbs up. 3nodding Guns are too loud for me to like.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:32 am
The Amazing Ryuu
zz1000zz

I haven't gone bow hunting since my dad got neutered...um.. i mean re-married. It's alot harder than one might think because there are only two or three places that you can shoot a deer with a bow and be guarenteed of dropping it and I'm sure you can all picture what it might be like shooting at something the size of a phesant or rabbit while it's moving.
as for the big knife plan, I think i'd rather stick to nuts and berries than try that trick.  

Lazarus The Resurected

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 am
Lazarus The Resurected
The Amazing Ryuu
zz1000zz

I haven't gone bow hunting since my dad got neutered...um.. i mean re-married. It's alot harder than one might think because there are only two or three places that you can shoot a deer with a bow and be guarenteed of dropping it and I'm sure you can all picture what it might be like shooting at something the size of a phesant or rabbit while it's moving.
as for the big knife plan, I think i'd rather stick to nuts and berries than try that trick.

The problem I have with bow hunting is it isn't much different than gun hunting. You stand in one spot and wait for the animal to provide you a shot. LAME.

As for blowguns, I have found the proper use of poison is the issue which causes the problems. Sure, taking a squirrel out with a plain dart isn't a problem. Taking down a deer? You're going to need some help.

Incidentally, I learned about blowgun hunting from a guy who took down an octopus with a blowgun. When asked why he used a blowgun?

Quote:
I didn't have a knife.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games