Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:19 am
Invictus_88
Creatio ex Nihilo
Invictus_88
Just, distinctive.

Distinctive people are good.

Then what am I doing here?

C'mon emo, we're not going to throw compliments at you. wink

What are you doing here? Well, whatever you joined for. Like the rest of us. It's not 'Eccentrics Anonymous', it's just a forum.

*throws a sponge at you* I'm not emo!! gonk
This place -is- the only place I'm happy to call sane.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:31 am
Invictus_88
It's not 'Eccentrics Anonymous',

I think I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere...  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:00 am
Foetus In Fetu
Invictus_88

I suppose, in fairness, there are probably quite a few parallels we could draw between an EA and the GBG.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:36 am
Invictus_88
Foetus In Fetu
Invictus_88

I suppose, in fairness, there are probably quite a few parallels we could draw between an EA and the GBG.

what's EA?  

Creatio ex Nihilo

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:22 pm
Creatio ex Nihilo
what's EA?

Electronic Arts.

In context? ...Eccentrics Anonymous.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:37 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Creatio ex Nihilo
what's EA?

Electronic Arts.

In context? ...Eccentrics Anonymous.
Ah right thank you.  

Creatio ex Nihilo

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:34 pm
Brits are known for their eccentricity after all. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:50 am
Ew. I want to sleep. Night shifts are not fun.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:26 am
A Lost Iguana

What sort of work do your night shifts involve?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:33 am
Why on earth are vegetarians so disliked? I mean there are worse things out ther...like fruitarians who'll stand under a tree and wait for fruit to drop off. They won't pick it because it has to be consumed by natural something or other...So why why why are us veggies so hated?! gonk

It would be nice if someone with more brains than me could explain the main reasons for being vegetarian. xp  

Creatio ex Nihilo

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:50 am
Depends on their reasoning. If they simply don't like meat then so be it, unless they're dogmatic to the point of not eating meat which may very likely be significantly different to what they're used to.

If they're vegetarian for reasons of animals suffering, buying locally is a very good way of buying from smaller more independent farms rather the facory fars the animal rights lobby wake at us as some sort of bogeyman.

If vegetarian for reasons that it is wrong to take the life of another animal, it may be difficult to justify leather, dairy, fur or even gelatine.

It depends on reasoning and justfication; peoples' issues with vegetarians are quite varied.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:41 am
Invictus_88
Depends on their reasoning. If they simply don't like meat then so be it, unless they're dogmatic to the point of not eating meat which may very likely be significantly different to what they're used to.

If they're vegetarian for reasons of animals suffering, buying locally is a very good way of buying from smaller more independent farms rather the facory fars the animal rights lobby wake at us as some sort of bogeyman.

If vegetarian for reasons that it is wrong to take the life of another animal, it may be difficult to justify leather, dairy, fur or even gelatine.

It depends on reasoning and justfication; peoples' issues with vegetarians are quite varied.

Bleh..well some people, like yourself, are kind about it..And others, well, they're a***holes. Meh. I'm a vegetarian because I dislike the taste and I don't like the sound of eating incostal muscle or any other types of muscle given its look before being cooked. Also, there's too much blood xp Oh and the people who don't eat any meaty products even dairy and geletine, are called vegans...and then, I told you about the fruitarians..but Rob and Alex told me about them..so it's probably not true.  

Creatio ex Nihilo

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:44 am
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana

Monitoring the operation of the CDF detector systems. It's hard to explain, I'm there to be the person at the computers in case any alarms are triggered and it needs immediate response.

Of course, there are proper experts you can page if there is a serious fault. I'm just going to be there to make sure we take as much data as possible. I'm still learning though, in 1 1/2 weeks I'll be flying solo [until September, when my shift duty ends].  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:43 am
A Lost Iguana
Invictus_88
A Lost Iguana

Monitoring the operation of the CDF detector systems. It's hard to explain, I'm there to be the person at the computers in case any alarms are triggered and it needs immediate response.

Of course, there are proper experts you can page if there is a serious fault. I'm just going to be there to make sure we take as much data as possible. I'm still learning though, in 1 1/2 weeks I'll be flying solo [until September, when my shift duty ends].

Wow...That is really quite something.  

Creatio ex Nihilo

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:28 am
Duke of Edinburgh, God or Not?

Tally ho!

biggrin

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games