Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Chat Thread: Chopsticks and teacups Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 835 836 837 838 839 840 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:37 pm

yay, i got my school supplies today! first day of college is next week *is nervous >.>*.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:02 pm

whiporwill-o
yay, i got my school supplies today! first day of college is next week *is nervous >.>*.

yay!
college has been amazing for me. i hope you have as much or better luck than i have!

aoijea23487

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:39 pm

Illiezeulette
whiporwill-o

yay!
college has been amazing for me. i hope you have as much or better luck than i have!

thank you biggrin i hope your luck was really good, lol.

what degree are you going for?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:57 pm

Violet Song jat Shariff

Also, I've had my first ever "Hi I'm a random person and I want ALLLL of the wisdom/information that you've learned so far about -insert topic-. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ????" experience eek . I think I'm cranking my AIM settings down extra-secure.
I know the feeling.

Also, thanks folks. It's helping a lot.

TeaDidikai

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:33 pm

whiporwill-o
Illiezeulette
whiporwill-o

yay!

thank you biggrin i hope your luck was really good, lol.

what degree are you going for?

i was originally in for philosophy and religion but i am considering switching to an interdisciplinary major with a geography/environmental science combo, since my school doesn't offer a major in environmental science.

my luck is super awesome. found a great coven of Gards, fantastic friends, beautiful part of the country, met Tea... so much stuff to do and keep me happy happy. i turned from a sort of cold-hearted bitter elitist into a very happy wide-eyed sugarmuffin. the west coast does these things naturally, i think.

----------

on another note:
apparently "Wicca" was originally pronounced like wee-tcha. Where the double C was a "tch" sound.

can I please start calling it Weetcha in real life?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:46 pm

Illiezeulette
i was originally in for philosophy and religion but i am considering switching to an interdisciplinary major with a geography/environmental science combo, since my school doesn't offer a major in environmental science.

what made you change your mind, if you don't mind my curiousity.

i actually went to college a few years ago, but never finished because i didn't know what i wanted 'to be when i grew up' lol, but i'm going back to be a radiology technologist. i'm kind of excited. whee

Quote:
my luck is super awesome. found a great coven of Gards, fantastic friends, beautiful part of the country, met Tea... so much stuff to do and keep me happy happy.

that's great!

Quote:
i turned from a sort of cold-hearted bitter elitist into a very happy wide-eyed sugarmuffin.

hehe, sugarmuffin whee

Quote:
the west coast does these things naturally, i think.

i'm more towards the east. in alabama to be specific and i have yet to see this state turn anyone into a happy-go-lucky anything, but fingers crossed!

whiporwill-o

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Gho the Girl
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai

Americans need to serve wine on their talk shows.

We should serve wine everywhere.
Except at driving events
unless they're demolition derbies.

Louisiana has drive-thru daiquiri shops. They get around open contain laws by leaving a bit of the straw paper over the straw.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:05 pm

whiporwill-o

what made you change your mind, if you don't mind my curiousity.

philosophy and religion are my passions, and as much as wielding a PhD and becoming a philosphy and/or religion professor sounds really badass, i'd rather be doing something about helping the environment than just thinking about it. i might be a little nietzschean or aristotelian here in saying that what matters me is the doing part, not the thinking part. i need to do more. i sit on my a** and philosophize way too much.

plus i am a science nerd and love me some ecology and geology and space science.

Quote:
i actually went to college a few years ago, but never finished because i didn't know what i wanted 'to be when i grew up' lol, but i'm going back to be a radiology technologist. i'm kind of excited. whee

that sounds awesome! medical stuff is really intense. i hope this winds up being a fulfilling occupation for you!

Quote:
i'm more towards the east. in alabama to be specific and i have yet to see this state turn anyone into a happy-go-lucky anything, but fingers crossed!

my blood-family lives on the gulf coast. i'm originally from Texas (and currently there now on winter break). i think i was a bit too liberal or crazy or something even for Houston so i kind of ran away to the west coast. awesome ensued. it's not that Texas objectively sucks or anything, it's just not right for me. good luck in Alabama and stay hopeful--someone has to start the sugarmuffin trend, so it might as well be you!

aoijea23487

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Illiezeulette
philosophy and religion are my passions, and as much as wielding a PhD and becoming a philosphy and/or religion professor sounds really badass, i'd rather be doing something about helping the environment than just thinking about it. i might be a little nietzschean or aristotelian here in saying that what matters me is the doing part, not the thinking part. i need to do more. i sit on my a** and philosophize way too much.

plus i am a science nerd and love me some ecology and geology and space science.

um... i like rocks and plants and i make jewelry out of can tabs... does that count, lol.

Quote:
that sounds awesome! medical stuff is really intense. i hope this winds up being a fulfilling occupation for you!

thank you smile

one of my brothers and my sister-in-law are both in the field and they seem to enjoy it (as much as one can enjoy working in a hospital all day). i know about it being intense, my mother is in school right now to be a RN, she wanted me to do the same thing, but after hearing her horror stories from just 2 semesters did it for me, lol.

Quote:
my blood-family lives on the gulf coast. i'm originally from Texas (and currently there now on winter break). i think i was a bit too liberal or crazy or something even for Houston so i kind of ran away to the west coast. awesome ensued. it's not that Texas objectively sucks or anything, it's just not right for me. good luck in Alabama and stay hopeful--someone has to start the sugarmuffin trend, so it might as well be you!

lol, alabama objectively sucks (and i can say that because i've lived at both ends and been everywhere in between... except for the eastern most corner... and auburn, i've never been to auburn). i may try that sugarmuffin thing, but only for people i haven't met yet, can't let the family think i'm going soft xd

my mother has always wanted to move to california. she and my step-dad stayed out that way for several months in an RV, but i'd be too terrified of earthquakes. we only get tee-niny baby ones here (and tornados in the spring).
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:38 am

Illiezeulette
~coughcoughevergreencough~
Quote:

my luck is super awesome. found a great coven of Gards, fantastic friends, beautiful part of the country, met Tea...
Before anyone asks, I didn't feed her fluff.
Quote:

the west coast does these things naturally, i think.
My personal experience is that the west coast is more liberal, and as a result, is less inclined to beat people with pointy sticks.

Quote:
on another note:
apparently "Wicca" was originally pronounced like wee-tcha. Where the double C was a "tch" sound.

can I please start calling it Weetcha in real life?
I dare you.

Also- thanks for all the warm fuzzies folks. It really is helping.

TeaDidikai

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

whiporwill-o
my mother has always wanted to move to california. she and my step-dad stayed out that way for several months in an RV, but i'd be too terrified of earthquakes. we only get tee-niny baby ones here (and tornados in the spring).

Being born and raised in Cali (norcal bay area to be specific) I can say that I absolutely love it here. One of the best things about it is that there is so much diversity. Even in my crappy little suburb where everything closes at 9PM, I can still find at least three different sushi restaurants, one Thai restaurant, a huge Barnes and Noble, two movie theatres, an Indian restaurant, a lot of legit Mexican eateries, and a handful of ethnic mini-markets. I go to school in San Francisco and again, diversity and liberalness is fantastic. Weather is great, there was literally one or two days of heavy rain this year and it never snows (although there was one day of that too this year!). I wouldn't have it any other way. On the other hand, money. Everything is super expensive and the housing market is s**t right now. I have never had problems with big earthquakes. In my 24 years alive, there has never been an earthquake that makes you run to stand in a door frame. Only a bunch of teeny one-jolt dealios that are over as soon as they've begun. And tornadoes, never. eek
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:21 pm

TeaDidikai
~coughcoughevergreencough~

I hear Evergreen is stingy with the financial aid. Also, Olympia is even further away from my lovely Gards with whom I shall part only in death!! Seriously, though, that's a lot of gas, since I go up there every week, and I love them far too much to abandon them.

Quote:
My personal experience is that the west coast is more liberal, and as a result, is less inclined to beat people with pointy sticks.

Oh, gods, the pointy sticks
*shudders*

Quote:
I dare you.

Weetchah weetchah weetchah.
I fear this will be my new thing. I shall shock my Gards with my olde speakeage. Wasn't Gardner one for inconsistent uses of archaic language? I think I remember reading about it in one of the Farrars' books.

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Illiezeulette

Weetchah weetchah weetchah.
I fear this will be my new thing. I shall shock my Gards with my olde speakeage. Wasn't Gardner one for inconsistent uses of archaic language? I think I remember reading about it in one of the Farrars' books.
That he was. And he was piss poor at it too, judging by his linguistic errors.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:46 pm

whiporwill-o
lol, alabama objectively sucks (and i can say that because i've lived at both ends and been everywhere in between... except for the eastern most corner... and auburn, i've never been to auburn).

War Eagle!

Also, Huntsville is nice.

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:56 pm

AniMajor
whiporwill-o
lol, alabama objectively sucks (and i can say that because i've lived at both ends and been everywhere in between... except for the eastern most corner... and auburn, i've never been to auburn).

War Eagle!

Also, Huntsville is nice.
And where have you been hiding?
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 835 836 837 838 839 840 ... 972 973 974 975 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games