Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:39 am
Finished with God King, an okay novel to end a great series and am now halfway through Prospero Burns, but am finding it alienating and slow thus far.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:44 pm
Done with Prospero Burns, which has turned out to be a massive let down for me. I do hope others like it more, as to me it's less about what the title says and more about.. stuff.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:28 pm
Well I just finished Prospero Burns, and Brookman, I enjoyed the book quite a lot. It was a good book, and I found it to be at a steady pace. All I need to do is read Thousand Sons to see the other side of the coin and hopefully it will be a good read.

Next on my list will be Purging of Kadillus  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:47 pm
Lt. Brookman
Done with Prospero Burns, which has turned out to be a massive let down for me. I do hope others like it more, as to me it's less about what the title says and more about.. stuff.

I agree completely. I found all the other bits good, but when the attack came to Prospero, it was some what... short and underwhelming.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:59 am
Prospero Burns is well-written but would've served better under a different title for starters. It also feels less like a companion novel to the great Thousand Sons and more a last minute tie-in.

Having started on the Purging of Kadillus now, so far a good read with a fun intro of Ghazghull attacking Squats Demiurg and meeting Nazdregg for the first time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:13 am
Lt. Brookman
Prospero Burns is well-written but would've served better under a different title for starters. It also feels less like a companion novel to the great Thousand Sons and more a last minute tie-in.

Having started on the Purging of Kadillus now, so far a good read with a fun intro of Ghazghull attacking Squats Demiurg and meeting Nazdregg for the first time.

I found the same with Purging of Kadillus, and its fun reading about Namaan. It shows the marines in a different light especially with the Dark Angels  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:28 am
Gav told me he would do Naaman credit and so far, damn, he's not lying. Telion can eat his heart out!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:56 pm
Lt. Brookman
Gav told me he would do Naaman credit and so far, damn, he's not lying. Telion can eat his heart out!

Namaan needs to have rules for him in new dex!  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:15 am
The way the design team is going it might just happen, should the DA get a codex next year. Just look at the Imperial Guard codex, they're one Macharius short of a massive return of the old character stable.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:40 pm
Well thats Purging of Kadillus finished, and Gav Thorpe did not disappoint. He has written a superb novel, and currently best one of the collection so far. (I know its a little weird that seeing as there are only 4 lol)  

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:38 am
I'd buy a few novels here, but for some reason anything hobby related is way too expensive. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Does any one want to buy some novels? I have quite a lot of them, so if your interested at discount prices for novels, just drop me a PM or a reply on here.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:06 am
Which ones are up for sale?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:07 pm
I'm sure I made a thread about it, hang on.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 pm
Traitor General
Dawn of War 2
Scourge the Heretic
Deus Encarmine
Dawn of War
Star of Damocles
The Founding x2
First and only
Relentless
The Saint
Sons of Fenris
Daemon World
Chapter War
Rebel Winter.
Fifteen Hours
Heroes of the Space Marines
Scourge the Heretic
Fallen Angels
Nemesis
Storm of Iron
The First Heretic
A Thousand Sons
Ultramarines Omnibus
Titanicus
Ravenor Returned
Ravenor
Tales of Heresy
Fear the Alien
Sons of Dorn
Cadian Blood
Prospero Burns
Helsreach
Legends of the Space Marines- Half of the front cover turn off, no other damage.
3rd Edition Rule book- Front and back cover may fall off with rough use. No rips.
Daemons of Chaos Codex
Necrons Codex
Space Marine Codex
Daemonhunter Codex
The Killing Grounds  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games