Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:31 am
And the young maiden outreached her hands to the skys and recited:

"Isis Astarte Diana Hecate Demeter Kali Inanna"

And they all looketh down upon her and proclaim:

"WTF!?!?!?! STFU or GTFO N00b!"

rofl I think I might put that in my sig.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:32 am
Naomi Kuiveya
Something I over-heard at Samhain High-Day during 'Feast of the Dead' from accross the barn.

"Yeah, we had originally thought of celebrating the Thesmorphia but hold the ceremony in Norse Liturgy. . . but nobody would join us so we came out to Tredara in stead."

lol xd Thesmorphia being the Hellenic Feast of Mourning held in Mid-October, and there's no real Norse Context for a Samhain feast of the dead. (There may have been related winternights but no ACTUAL context was found according to R.D.N.A., A.D.F., and O.B.O.D. Charter) not only that; but mixing cultures during a High-Day, or any ceremony in general is a BIG A.D.F. No-No.

I must thank you, I was looking for more Hellenic feastavles to look up xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:41 am
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Naomi Kuiveya
Something I over-heard at Samhain High-Day during 'Feast of the Dead' from accross the barn.

"Yeah, we had originally thought of celebrating the Thesmorphia but hold the ceremony in Norse Liturgy. . . but nobody would join us so we came out to Tredara in stead."

lol xd Thesmorphia being the Hellenic Feast of Mourning held in Mid-October, and there's no real Norse Context for a Samhain feast of the dead. (There may have been related winternights but no ACTUAL context was found according to R.D.N.A., A.D.F., and O.B.O.D. Charter) not only that; but mixing cultures during a High-Day, or any ceremony in general is a BIG A.D.F. No-No.

I must thank you, I was looking for more Hellenic feastavles to look up xd

Hellenic in relation to cultural High-Days:
Mid-October: Thesmorphia - The Feast of Mourning
Mid-December: The Country Dionysia - Feast of the Phallos
Early to Mid-February: Anthesteria - Feast of the Win and Holy Marriage of Sring
Mid-March: The City Dionysia - Counsil of the Folk, Feast of Drama
Early May: Thargelia - Purification of the Polis and the Folk
Mid-June: Skira - Festival of the Furros
Late July: Panathenaia - in Honor of the Goddess of te City, Feast of Bounty
Mid-September: Eleusinian Mysteries - Initiation into the Mysteries of Death and Rebirth.

I think Hellenic has a bit more, but those were the big ones I could think of.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:52 pm
Fan+asmagoric
Would this be bad...

"Pagans are only 30% Banana"

ninja
I think it could only be bad if it was fluffy.

I'd need to find the source that shows Pagans are actually 70% Banana- and then you'd have to maintain that they were really 30%, even after having compared the DNA.  

TeaDidikai

Lore Lux

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:34 pm
TeaDidikai
Fan+asmagoric
Would this be bad...

"Pagans are only 30% Banana"

ninja
I think it could only be bad if it was fluffy.

I'd need to find the source that shows Pagans are actually 70% Banana- and then you'd have to maintain that they were really 30%, even after having compared the DNA.

Might be difficult to prove.

wink  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:47 pm
Me- 'i'm a hard polytheist'
Woman- 'yes, me too. I believe there are many gods and godesses. Remember, they are all part of the great godess' rolleyes  

patch99329

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:36 am
patch99329
Woman- 'yes, me too. I believe there are many gods and godesses. Remember, they are all part of the great godess' rolleyes

lol We should warn people that "Archetyping" can lead to "Stereotyping" xp  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:27 pm
My school's Pagan Student Union gave a "Dispelling the Myths" talk on Monday and it was awful. The member giving the presentation, who I think is the Treasurer, had written up a little brochure to hand out. I'll give better quotes when I have it to hand, but it contained such gems as "That means no hexing or jinxing. Not allowed." and "We all follow the Wiccan/Witches' Rede..." and "Most pagans are duotheistic and call the God and Goddess simply the Lord and Lady." Etc.  

TheDisreputableDog

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:54 pm
Naomi Kuiveya
patch99329

lol We should warn people that "Archetyping" can lead to "Stereotyping" xp

I thought like that, until I thought a little more into and thought, how the hell can Kali and Chibaskwa be the same person?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:55 pm
TheDisreputableDog
My school's Pagan Student Union gave a "Dispelling the Myths" talk on Monday and it was awful. The member giving the presentation, who I think is the Treasurer, had written up a little brochure to hand out. I'll give better quotes when I have it to hand, but it contained such gems as "That means no hexing or jinxing. Not allowed." and "We all follow the Wiccan/Witches' Rede..." and "Most pagans are duotheistic and call the God and Goddess simply the Lord and Lady." Etc.
I love attending those lectures.

I also like questioning people at booths at public events. twisted  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:25 am
TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog
I love attending those lectures.

I also like questioning people at booths at public events. twisted
"All pagans are open-minded! And..."
"Actually, I try to be close-minded about stupidity and bad scholarship."
"Right, Christians suck. Where was I..."

They're trying to set up a munch with one of the Christian student groups, yet bash them at public meetings?

Also:
"There are a lot of misconceptions about pagans. We're not Satanic, we don't eat babies, and we don't dress up like G~s."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:36 am
TheDisreputableDog
"All pagans are open-minded! And..."
"Actually, I try to be close-minded about stupidity and bad scholarship."
"Right, Christians suck. Where was I..."

They're trying to set up a munch with one of the Christian student groups, yet bash them at public meetings?

Also:
"There are a lot of misconceptions about pagans. We're not Satanic, we don't eat babies, and we don't dress up like G~s."
Wow... just wow.  

TeaDidikai

patch99329

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:23 am
''Traguna micoities tricorum satisdee''

I was inspired by M+R xD
Cookies for all who know where the quote is from!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:03 am
patch99329

I was inspired by M+R xD
Bednobs and Broomsticks.  

TeaDidikai

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:38 am
TeaDidikai
patch99329

I was inspired by M+R xD
Bednobs and Broomsticks.

I love that movie. sweatdrop  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games