Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:05 am
I didn't notice the grammar/spelling until I was looking for it, although I didn't notice you typos either. He did say things about grammar and spelling though, so declining was fair enough, he was being hypocritical. I don't mind bad grammar but complaining about bad grammar is annoying, more so when they have bad grammar.

The pig on cocaine bit would have been funny as a joke, but it's a little unneccesary.

Mr. Gimp, I don't know whether someone got there before me and changed to name or Invi did that on purpose, but I've searched the users and can't find the "fellow" username.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:50 am
He's editted it following the advice, to "Angry Gaian Fellow".
I could probably note the name of the applicant from memory, but I guess that would be missing the point completely ... smile  

[Finrod]

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:42 pm
ARRSE: Loyalty, how far?

In-ter-esting...

rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:31 am
So, basically, the question is to Armed Forces personnel as to whether they'd overthrow the current Government on the orders of the Queen ...

I'll have to go with the Francis Urquhart answer to this one:

"You may very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment ..."

smile  

[Finrod]

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:11 am
Well..I've just had the joy of reading the whole thing myself and I must say, Francis it was a tiny bit harsh given how atrocious my spelling and grammar is yet I have still been here for a while.
Either way, it was ever so unreasonable of him to get all angry at you because you denied him a place among us. Mind you, by the sheer sound of things, he wouldn't have made a terribly pleasant Briton around here anyway, never mind about his spelling and grammar!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:34 am
How the hell did I get into this guild? It must have been a slow week.  

Rev.Matt

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:37 am
Rev.Matt
How the hell did I get into this guild? It must have been a slow week.

Why do you say that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:51 am
It just seems a tad exclusive for the likes of me, not that I'm complaining mind. My grammar has been known to suck mightily from time to time, my spelling is passable though.  

Rev.Matt

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:03 pm
Rev.Matt
It just seems a tad exclusive for the likes of me, not that I'm complaining mind. My grammar has been known to suck mightily from time to time, my spelling is passable though.

To be honest, it takes me a while before I see a grammar mistake but I haven't seen any problems with you or anyone else here though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:00 pm
Rev.Matt

I'm quite selective, but that doesn't just mean being a grammar nazi. I also flick through a few past posts and poke about profiles a bit.

Your grammar was a bit borderline, for sure, but you passed on character. Which, frankly, is a better reason for entry than impeccable spelling.

Invictus_88
Captain

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:53 am
Huzzah, I have character. Fine wine character or old car with a rather distinctive smell and many previous not so careful owners character?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:08 am
Just, distinctive.

Distinctive people are good.

Invictus_88
Captain

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:11 am
Invictus_88
Just, distinctive.

Then what am I doing here?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:55 am
Creatio ex Nihilo
Invictus_88
Just, distinctive.

Then what am I doing here?

C'mon emo, we're not going to throw compliments at you. wink

What are you doing here? Well, whatever you joined for. Like the rest of us. It's not 'Eccentrics Anonymous', it's just a forum.

Invictus_88
Captain

Rev.Matt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:28 am
It's not just a forum. This guild represents the last bastion of sanity in a swirling maelstrom of herbs with no h and aluminium with no second i.

(even my spell check is against me, aluminum my arse)  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games