Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:10 pm

Lt. Brookman
I'm almost done with the game and the writing is rather sub par and atrocious. Sure, there are these set pieces that make up for it, but damn. Do I hate Americans now something fierce.

I do hope you found it worth the price tag. x:

'Cause for 4 an 1/2 hours of gameplay? It better damn well be the best 4 an 1/2 hours of my life. An I've had some gooooood 4 an 1/2 hours.

This is where vikki comes in an says something witty, but is also some sort of sexual innuendo, then Caleidah reprimands us for being like that. crying
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:32 pm

I buy my games because I can. I am aware that you find the game too expensive and keep reminding us of it. However, my money is mine to spend. MW2 has it's ups, but a shite story and a lot of hype that make it not as wonderful as the previous instalment. I play for the story, MW2 doesn't have one. Or at least not one as great as Charlie-Oscar-Delta four.

Instead, I've decided to crack open Dragon Age, playing through the prologue as of now for a bit. Might give Mass Effect a whirl later.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:16 pm

So what origin story did you start out with, my first playthrough was with a dwarven noble, called him Grungni.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:38 am

A Human Noble Rogue named Genevieve. I'm either going to play Dragons or Borderlands today, probably the latter. I really need to catch up now.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:48 am

Just played L4D2 on PC for...four hours?
Hell of a lot of fun. I'll definitely be getting it for PC.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Well I'm rather ticked... I went to rent Left 4 Dead 2 last night, only to find that Assassin Creed 2 was out and all copies of both were rented out, so I decided to try out Devil May Cry 4, the lady at the desk told me it didn't look like it had enough scratches for me not to be able to play it....wrong. I can't play the bloody thing, as soon as I get to the loading screen after the opening cutscene when I start new game it tells me to take the disc out. So I have to return that today.

Syumerrt

Wulver Morphe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:52 pm

I found MW2 to be quite fun for the visuals and the gameplay, but I have to say I was dissapointed by some parts.
1) I played it slow, to really enjoy it. And I still finished it in 6 hours.
2) Checkpoints seemed to close together. It was like Bioshock... "Uh-Oh. I'm dead. Respawn at checkpoint, run in guns blazing. If it doesn't work this time, I'll just do it again.

I did enjoy the fact that it was kinda like Red Dawn: The Game. Except the movie had a much better story.

Been spending the rest of my time playing Dragon Age. I just nostaliga'd all over myself with that game with memories of Shadows of Amn xp
Elven Assasins, Human Mages and Dwarven Reavers ALL THE WAY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:53 pm

Wulver Morphe

I did enjoy the fact that it was kinda like Red Dawn: The Game. Except the movie had a much better story.

...Are you absolutely sure about this?

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Caleidah
Wulver Morphe

...Are you absolutely sure about this?

Welllll, was the game anything like the movie? 'Cause if it wasn't I'd see how that comment is justifiable.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Red Dawn has a pretty good story, but it's just horribly hackneyed and awkward. I absolutely love the movie (watched it last weekend) and just want to make sure that you're letting the game's writing slide into that level of B-Film.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

TrueAngelDj

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:40 pm

wow
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:46 pm

Ben Cook
wow

Hm...do you have the ability to post more than one word at a time?

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Wulver Morphe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 pm

Caleidah
Red Dawn has a pretty good story, but it's just horribly hackneyed and awkward. I absolutely love the movie (watched it last weekend) and just want to make sure that you're letting the game's writing slide into that level of B-Film.

The script for Red Dawn seemed pretty typical for movies of that time. I think the 2010 remake is gonna murder it, though.

I don't know why, but I just feel like Red Dawn had a better story. The acting was meh, but the concept was good.
MW2 felt more like a Run and Gun game to me, but that's just how I felt about it.
I definately preferred MW1.

Spoiler:I did have a chuckle when I was trying to defend Virginia as the Rangers and saw "Wolverines!" as the level name. xd
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:09 am

Caleidah
Ben Cook
wow

Hm...do you have the ability to post more than one word at a time?
Oh just ban him you pansy.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:29 pm

Sooo. I think I'm super excited for the new TSL this year.

I also think that SKT1 is going to win the SPL again. We'll see the teams this year seem to be doing better like Woongjin Stars an MBC Hero.

Anyway, we'll see we'll see. :]
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games