Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:06 pm
I'm a bit at my wits end with Rai too, CuAnnan - and I don't even talk to her very much. She had a thread a while back about race, ethnicity, and its effect on religion, or something of that sort. I tried to lay it out in a nice, polite way - so did a few other people, and her response was "No, I don't wanna, I'm still gonna play at druids and stuff." From then, all I've seen from her is snipe-ish and blatant ignorance justified by being an a**.

Paradox: I agree with you - I'm just a little exasperated. I feel some bad cop comin' along.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:13 pm
I admit, I do a bit of good cop/bad cop with another person on Gaia when threads come up in the LD. It can be pretty effective, I'll agree.
Of course, then there are days where you're just not in a good mood and can't muster the energy to be nice to anyone. Those are a bit more tricky xd

On the M&R person in question: I mostly lurk and it seemed like for a while she was an okay person, but then it was like she lost her mind and refused to have actual, intelligent thoughts xp . I think I saw that thread about race and ethnicity affecting religion; isn't that where she said that Celt culture couldn't truly be a closed culture because if it really was we wouldn't be able to know anything about it?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:04 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
On the M&R person in question: I mostly lurk and it seemed like for a while she was an okay person, but then it was like she lost her mind and refused to have actual, intelligent thoughts xp . I think I saw that thread about race and ethnicity affecting religion; isn't that where she said that Celt culture couldn't truly be a closed culture because if it really was we wouldn't be able to know anything about it?

Yes, she is. Which frankly, seems to be the case quite often.

Then there are cultures like the Hopi. We think we know a bit about their mythology, but each time someone records a story, it's wildly different. Apparently, there's the suspicion among anthropologists that the Hopi are telling us tall tales to throw us off the scent. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:13 pm
Collowrath
Violet Song jat Shariff

Yes, she is. Which frankly, seems to be the case quite often.

Then there are cultures like the Hopi. We think we know a bit about their mythology, but each time someone records a story, it's wildly different. Apparently, there's the suspicion among anthropologists that the Hopi are telling us tall tales to throw us off the scent. xd

Ha! That would indeed be a great way to keep their myths and lore away from non-Hopi.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:15 pm
On the current discussion of good cops vs. bad cops. I'll generally be fairly nice...to a point, but really, when I have to explain something for the 10th time and I get the same ******** original response, someone's going to end up char-grilled ninja

Sure, I don't start nice, but I generally don't start mean either, unless the person is just a tool, then it's open season twisted But really, I wish people would get over the whole "He's mean because he's ******** swearing" thing, it's getting annoying sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:30 am
I see myself as good cop.

But I can't face M&R anymore. xd
I'm with Nuri, the dickishness can be plain uncomfortable! I want to rush in and yell 'It's ok!! There's a point to this I swear! We're here to help!'  

patch99329

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:35 am
Cyrus the Elder
On the current discussion of good cops vs. bad cops. I'll generally be fairly nice...to a point, but really, when I have to explain something for the 10th time and I get the same ******** original response, someone's going to end up char-grilled ninja

Sure, I don't start nice, but I generally don't start mean either, unless the person is just a tool, then it's open season twisted But really, I wish people would get over the whole "He's mean because he's ******** swearing" thing, it's getting annoying sweatdrop
Didn't you originally know me as rage girl?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:37 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Cyrus the Elder

Well yes, but in my defense, you had exploded well beyond merely swearing a few times by then ninja  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:03 am
Cyrus the Elder
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Cyrus the Elder

Well yes, but in my defense, you had exploded well beyond merely swearing a few times by then ninja
I wish you could remember what I did >.>  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:26 am
maenad nuri
Recursive Paradox

Edit: I guess you could say I am lamenting the loss of an important part of the M&R ecosystem: The Good Cop/The Nice Reg.

*single tear* I...I guess I'll pack up and leave...

NUUUUUUU! We need all the remnants of this endangered species we can keep! gonk

Quote:
It's something I wish would come back too. I mean, I love most of y'all, but you can be just plain dickish sometimes. It makes me uncomfortable sometimes, and I married an a*****e!

Offhand, I can only think of you, me, Boxy, Vi, patch and maybe two other people who still consistently do the nice EDer thing in the entirety of the M&R. Compared to the multitude of nukers? That's a little troubling.

Celeblin Galadeneryn
I think you said it best Poe when you said something along the lines of this:

We need you guys (bad cops), because sometimes people just need to be told they're ******** idiots who should go kill themselves, because they're being <********> idiots, but then we (good cops) come in, all field nurse and we say "Yeah, I bet that ******** hurt, but you were being kind of dumb you know" and we treat their wounds and fluff their pillows and close the curtains when you stand outside glaring and pointing at them. It's a good system.

And it works too! I can't even count the number of times you, Cu and a few other very good bad cops would blaze into a thread, ******** the entire populace into oblivion and then me and a few other folk would come in to treat the wounded and continue teaching. It seriously worked. People listened. They actually realized they were wrong.

Tough love needs love too, not just beatings. 3nodding

Quote:
thundercunt

Error was wondering why I snort giggled when I was reading this post. Now he knows why. *griiiin*  

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:37 am
AniMajor
But the Good Cop/Bad Cop thing has to have two people who know what the other is doing. Does this mean we need to pair up and coordinate posts?

It's just an analogy. A better analogy would be field nurses and nukers. Nukers come in and destroy people, field nurses come in and dress their wounds, give them hugs and tell them, "well, you were wrong and you were being kind of a jerk about it. Maybe now you could be nicer and do some research?"

Collowrath
Paradox: I agree with you - I'm just a little exasperated. I feel some bad cop comin' along.

I know. It can be rough being the medic. But we won't achieve anything if we consistently lose our cool or all be nukers.

Cyrus the Elder

You tend to be a line walker. You go in between nuclear and medical and that's fine. It's actually good to have a bunch like you. It's just that currently you do less to balance out the nukers than actual medic type folks do because of your mixed nature.

patch99329
I see myself as good cop.

But I can't face M&R anymore. xd
I'm with Nuri, the dickishness can be plain uncomfortable! I want to rush in and yell 'It's ok!! There's a point to this I swear! We're here to help!'

Hehe, yeah. I can't really go in there as much because I actually find myself getting more upset at the M&R regs than I do the wrong people being addressed.

I keep on thinking to myself, "how the ******** are we supposed to actually get anything done here if we can't control ourselves?" I know that most of us aren't in this forum just to yell at people and mock them. We actually want to make change. We want decontextualizers, culture rapists, entitlement mongers and fluffies to learn, comprehend and grow out of their bad habits. But at a certain point, I wonder if people have lost sight of this and are too busy taking out their rage on easy targets.

If someone really needs a punching bag, they're easily purchased at sports places. Why use the people we're trying to help and change? Ugh.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 am
Myself, I'm sick to death of having my attempts at being nice met with racism, ignorance and assholeary.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:13 am
TeaDidikai
Myself, I'm sick to death of having my attempts at being nice met with racism, ignorance and assholeary.
Oh, and condescention. Unless you're including that in assholery.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:13 am
What most annoys me in M&R is actually the people who come in and create posts asking simple questions that you can type, verbatim, into Google and get the answer.

But, yeah... I feel bad that I end up snapping at people ._.  

Ashley the Bee

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:37 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Oh, and condescention. Unless you're including that in assholery.
I was. I mean, how dare we suggest that the ten dollar Barns and Nobel Special on How to be a member of the Wica in five days isn't as accurate as the words of Gardner.

If you and I had a brain in our head, we would know that Mama Ravenwolf is the best source ever.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games