Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:28 am
Damn. I don't remember writing that.

neutral  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:29 am
Creatio ex Nihilo
ok that was totally irrelevant..

What do you suppose a 'miscellaneous' thread is for then?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:30 am
Invictus_88

neutral

hahahahaha! you fool ^_^ but that's why you're cute... I'm going quickly to the shop and I shall be back very soon on msn...so yes please keep an eye out ^___^  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:25 am
Invictus_88

neutral

You don't actually have a cook do you?  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:33 pm
Shadow of an Illusion
Invictus_88

neutral

If I understand correctly, he can't cook himself and gets others to do it for him. But I sadly yet gladly will do so sometime...I receipes specially for beginning with which still taste good. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:34 pm
Invictus_88
Creatio ex Nihilo
ok that was totally irrelevant..

What do you suppose a 'miscellaneous' thread is for then?

well..erm...to be honest I never understood what the word means. And what's 'bumping'?  

Creatio ex Nihilo

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:58 pm
Shadow of an Illusion
Invictus_88

neutral

Two now (I don't know why I thought she was a third), but the new girl is likely to become sole cook. She's an amazing cook, and really lovely too. Also, I can't afford to pay two cooks anymore.

If you want to full list of my 'household staff' then there's my laundry girl who does my shirts (she's a miracleworker with stain removal, but short on time as it's her final year at uni) and technically I've a sort of sommelier, a chap to manage my wines.

Luke (moomba666) was my 'butler' at school, but was really more like a PA crossed with a batman. Great chap also, thoroughly so.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:43 am
Invictus_88
Shadow of an Illusion
Invictus_88

neutral

Two now (I don't know why I thought she was a third), but the new girl is likely to become sole cook. She's an amazing cook, and really lovely too. Also, I can't afford to pay two cooks anymore.

If you want to full list of my 'household staff' then there's my laundry girl who does my shirts (she's a miracleworker with stain removal, but short on time as it's her final year at uni) and technically I've a sort of sommelier, a chap to manage my wines.

Luke (moomba666) was my 'butler' at school, but was really more like a PA crossed with a batman. Great chap also, thoroughly so.

gonk On a student budget!

Go and learn to cook. And thats an order.
It's almost fun.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:33 pm
I'm no good at cooking and have never enjoyed it. Other people love it though, so surely having them cook for me supports the greater good? Surely?  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:03 pm
Invictus_88
I'm no good at cooking and have never enjoyed it. Other people love it though, so surely having them cook for me supports the greater good? Surely?

I'm not convinced.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:29 am
Shadow of an Illusion
Invictus_88

I'm not convinced.

Whyever not? Seems reasonable, surely?  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:52 am
Invictus_88
Shadow of an Illusion
Invictus_88

I'm not convinced.

Still getting someone else to cook for you.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:33 am
Shadow of an Illusion
Invictus_88
Shadow of an Illusion
Invictus_88

I'm not convinced.

You get someone else to grow your food, I presume, even if you do cook it yourself. No?

Don't you get someone else to make your clothes?

Just as your time is too valuable to spend time making clothes, growing vegetables and butchering animals, mine is too valuable to learn to cook. If that changes, I might learn, but I just don't value the skill in myself.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:59 am
It must be really nice to afford to do that. >_>  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:17 pm
Invictus_88
Shadow of an Illusion
Invictus_88
Shadow of an Illusion
Invictus_88

I'm not convinced.

You get someone else to grow your food, I presume, even if you do cook it yourself. No?

Don't you get someone else to make your clothes?

Just as your time is too valuable to spend time making clothes, growing vegetables and butchering animals, mine is too valuable to learn to cook. If that changes, I might learn, but I just don't value the skill in myself.

It's a basic life skill.

And my ma's a farmer, more food produced than consumed so the food balance is in my favour. If I could get the sewing machine to work I would give the whole clothes thing a shot. As it is purses and bags have to suffice

If your time really is that valuable I have nothing against doing it on occasion. But time spent not doing anything more than surviving is time well spent IMO. Reflection and all that.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games