Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shestyling

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:21 am
Hi

I am kelly, I am 19 years old. Just started drawing.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:54 am
Hallo.
You can call me Pixel.
Most people call me Pixie or Pix, but I kinda like Pixel more.
But hey, different strokes for different folks~
I've been drawing for about, I don't know, a month or so.
But I've taken a somewhat long hiatus because I started up college again.
Sure, it doesn't seem long, but I've learned a whole lot from training under a real life mentor for a good four or five hours a day.
I love art, it's a beautiful thing, and I had a passion for it back then.
Now I'm trying to dig it back up.

I like drawing "anime style". Big eyes, shiny skin, all cutesy like.
I don't really like anime these days, not because of the art style but because they don't seem to have much originality these days.
The only things I've watched and liked within the past few years was Pandora Hearts, Black Butler, and Soul Eater.
-cough- I also like drawing fat people and large busts -cough-

My favorite color is blue.

... Yup, that's it.  

Pixelated Chronowire

Mizuki-chan601

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:07 pm
Hi, I'm Mizuki. I'm a freshman in college and I'm majoring in art. I'm very passionate about my art and I love to draw. I love to learn from others and I love many styles. My favorite styles would have to be baroque and imressionism. I hope to learn from you guys. Here's my DA if anyone's interested  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:47 pm
Im Kyle,
Im 7 x 2 - 5 + 4 + 5 - the square root of 25 = ? years old.
Im a Doodle artist.
but a little good at drawing too,
and not good at computer art photoshop stuff biggrin
i wish to learn.  

soupffle

5,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

The Syndra

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:45 pm
Hello everyone.
Call me Andra if you don't want to write my whole nickname.
For those interested, I've been drawing for more than a decade, with some periods being very productive and others... well, not that much.
Always open for RL commissions, but more importantly to this guild, I always give you an advice should you need it. Specially if you need help with the basics or with advanced stuff (Photoshop, Painter, tablets, you know the drill).  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:29 pm
Wassup,
You can either call me Boss or Mike. Ive been drawing ever since i can remember. I draw mostly things like anime or any sort of cartoon. I look forward to learning, sharing, and conversing with most if not all of u. smile  

M__Boss__E

Fashionable Businessman

s u p e r r g e e k

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:40 pm
well my name is jazmin, and i'm 19. i'm a sophmore in college.
art is my total and completeee life, i love it more than anything.
i've been drawing since i was a teeny tiny kid and have progressed over the years.
i sometimes attempt anime but it's not for me. i'm not sure what my style is. a little bit of realism with anime/cartoon is what my stuff ends up looking like. digital art is something new to me, i just started with it last year, but i've improved a lot since then. still learning.
anyways, i'm excited to be here and can't wait to meet some new artists!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:50 am
Hello all! My name is Galatea or Gala and I am 27. I love art of all kinds and I am very very slowly learning to draw, paint and sculpt. smile  

GalateasFire

Shameless Lunatic

June Malatesta

6,450 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:23 am
Ciao~! ^^

Just call me June if you want to call me anything....not any derivatives of it please....but Juney's alright! hehe~

I'm a junior in highschool with advanced studies in art, foreign language, and I'm well-obsessed with anime....
I've won a few contests because of my artwork, and right now I'm working on advancing in my skills with photoshop....e_e
Most I'll probablyshow in here is my anime, occasionally I might post one of my other styles...
And my dream college I fully plan on attending is FullSail University to major in Film.
*done talking now*  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:55 pm
Hello! My name is Jade-despite my avatar's appearance or name-and I am 13.

I've been studying the history of art recently (such as place, what line symbolize, what colors symbolize, how artists made a living in the Resistance, hidden meanings, and the certain way art had to be viewed).

I mostly do cartoonish things and face parts
Example1
Example2
Example3

I have an unlimited thirst for learning new techniques and tricks within my limits.

And for a side note- I love using green textures.  

Jocktlwg

Aged Noob

6,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100

Rikus_girl731

3,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:02 pm
Hi guys! you can call me Rikus. I love art and have been doing it since i was a baby. (no, really! I used to pait with the pudding in my highchair.) I love all forms of art and enjoy all of it. but my specialty is drawing and stuff. I suppose I am pretty good but I'm still not great. I love drawing manga and anime but i need to expand my talent into the other areas as well. Oh and I'm 16. I am also not afraid to go beyond my limits if it means i can learn. (that doesnt mean staying up for 36 hours strait though.) so here's a pic of my avitar me for you guys. ^ ^

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:27 pm
Greetings everyone! You can call my Sparrow. I am currently enrolled in college online as a freshman for Criminal Justices.

I started doing art since I was a child. In 2005, I started to learn how to draw anime and over the years, it enhance me to draw better, not only with anime style. Today I draw both anime, abstract and realistic art while working on my own unique style since I am still an amateur. I love all types of arts and tools but still new at some tools, such as paint, charcoal and pastels. I hope to learn new things about art while improving my own work. I also hope to meet fellow artist and connect with them as well. :3  

reyolistuhy

6,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Generic Label

IRL Noob

11,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:56 am
User Image
Hai everybuddy : D
You can call me coolness because obviously I dont think you want to call me by my whole username lol Or you can call me Janet, that is my name ^^
I love art and as much as I love it and all forms i mainly love the anime style of drawing and thats basically where I wanna improve on, not to say I dislike other forms of art I just dont do so well with them sweatdrop
Besides i love doing the anime style : )
I have just recently (like last month i think) got a tablet and im oh so super happy about it lol I'm still learning how to work it so yeah for nao my drawings probably look like some 10 year old drew'em but hay thats why im here to improve ^^
I use the programs of paint, paint.net and gimp. I sadly cant afford photoshop or paint sai but I'm trying to save up for them maybe i'll ask my parents for ps or paint sai for christmas xD
I hope to learn a lot and possibly become friends with most of you.
and oh im 17 and a senior in high school :3
I guess i shall show some samples of some work i've just recently made 3nodding Bam,Pow
The second one, pow is actually my first attempt at coloring with the tablet so I think it's understandable if it doesnt look all good ;;>>
But no worries ^^

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:20 pm
Hello everyone.

I'm John. I'm 18 and I am attending Academy of Art is SF. I am currently in my first year and have so far only taken the analysis of form class. I come here in hopes that I can meet other artists and get some advice/critique on my class work. Nice to meet you all.

John  

Bulbasauurr

RazoPuma

2,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:46 pm
Hey I'm Casey Dziubakowski (dont worry about the last name its Polish) i'm in 12th grade. I really never knew how to draw but I want to.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff