Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kinky Zombie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:10 pm
They should, once I get the library fine in. I should do that on monday.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:22 pm
Kinky Zombie
Good luck.  

TeaDidikai

Kinky Zombie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:25 pm
TeaDidikai
Kinky Zombie
Good luck.

It should only be 20 dollars. xD Haha.
After that I will need lots of paper, I love taking notes.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 pm
Hi, I'm new...
I'm 15 and I'm studying Wicca because of a dislike for my current (and un-chosen by me) religion Christianity. So I've been looking into it for a while and I really like it, and I think I'd prefer to go on the Eclectic Witch path. I've always been in love with the occult, even though I've never been allowed to really enjoy it. (just recently my dad basically assumed I was a satan-lover because I like Astrology. What. The. ********.) When a friend of mine told me he was Wiccan, at first it struck fear because I had never heard that term before, but he told me a little about it so now I'm researching it and well... yeah.
So maybe someone could help me out? I'd love to be as prepared as possible to fully dedicate myself maybe by summer? That's my goal.
If someone could tutor me or something... that would be, well, awesome. <3  

iconiq

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:34 pm
Hey Winksniper. ave you checked out the Wicca FAQ yet? If you're only 15, I'm afraid you'll most likely have to wait a while before you can even be considered into the fertility cult.

Welcome to the guild. heart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:39 pm
Hey, winksniper, I've seen you around the Supernatural forum. Welcome to the guild!  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 am
winksniper
... because of a dislike for my current (and un-chosen by me) religion Christianity.
What about it do you dislike?
Quote:

So maybe someone could help me out? I'd love to be as prepared as possible to fully dedicate myself maybe by summer? That's my goal.

Why do you want to dedicate yourself by summer? And dedicate to what?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:23 pm
Aino Ailill
Hey Winksniper. ave you checked out the Wicca FAQ yet? If you're only 15, I'm afraid you'll most likely have to wait a while before you can even be considered into the fertility cult.

Welcome to the guild. heart

Yeah, I definitely need to check that out (although I heard somewhere else that you have to be 18 to officially be a member, which to me is strange simply because I know people who consider themselves wiccan and are below that age. I dunno how seriously they take it, though.)

TeaDidikai
winksniper
... because of a dislike for my current (and un-chosen by me) religion Christianity.
What about it do you dislike?
Quote:

Why do you want to dedicate yourself by summer? And dedicate to what?

I dislike a lot of things about it. For one thing, I don't (And honestly, never have) feel comfortable being in Church or any similar situation because 1) I find it boring and 2) it's just not for me. Being raised Christian, I feel it's safe to say that most Christians (The ones I know (Which is a whole side of a family and their friends, etc. Obviously not all) are very conservative and generally close-minded. For example, my dad and I recently had a very heated discussion about whether homosexuality is "right" or "wrong" (actually, it was more like me trying to tell him he had no right saying his way of life was any "better" than anyone else's). Not surprisingly, his only defense was "the Bible says it's condemned." Even as I tried to tell him that most people who aren't Christian don't read the Bible and therefore those rules don't necessarily apply to them, it was still "wrong to be gay". I, myself, am a very very open minded individual, and I would like something that doesn't condemn half of my interests and that doesn't allow people to get away with anything by saying "it was the devil". Also, scare tactics < no scare tactics. And I think the turning point in my life for me to reconsider my religion was in 2008 when on a church trip to New York. My given sect of Christianity is Pentecostal, and one of their main beliefs is that you have to be, I dunno, possessed by the Holy Ghost. Which is something I've feared, seeing it happen in churches and the people quiver and shake and speak in tongues... it was very frightful. So this one night at church they were lining up everyone to perform the ritual (so to speak). I was terrified as I stood at the back of the line. My two cousins, who went to church a whole hell of a lot more often than me, were also scared. Once it was out turn, and the three of us were on the ground, crying, I looked and saw them both experience what everyone else had gone through (although they both deny it). And I waited. And prayed. And waited. And shook and cried and everything, and nothing happened. Of course, that probably doesn't mean anything but for me it was like, "Maybe this isn't for me."

I want to dedicate myself by summer because I will have a ton of free time to practice and I can celebrate the solstice. I can be out later at night without being cold and I would really like to try some sort of moon ritual (you can see how novice I am).
I want to dedicate myself to the religion of Wicca as much as possible. Of course, the whole fertility part aside, I'd have to practice mostly in secrecy. I've been raised with religion and my mind just kinda... works that way so since at this point I'm sure I probably won't go back to Christianity in full, and I do not want to be Atheist, I wouldn't want to wait 3 more years until I can officially become Wiccan.  

iconiq

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 pm
winksniper

Yeah, I definitely need to check that out (although I heard somewhere else that you have to be 18 to officially be a member, which to me is strange simply because I know people who consider themselves wiccan and are below that age. I dunno how seriously they take it, though.)

Wicca is a mysterious fertility witchcult that requires initiation into a lineaged coven that can trace said lineage (through training) back to Gerald Gardner, the founder of the religion.

Considering that there is sexual rituals/rites, certain rituals/rites are performed skyclad (in other words, naked), it would be a federal crime to involve minors in said rituals/rites/ceremonies.

95% (though it is reallye 100%) of minors are actually Eclectic Neo-pagans who are under the understanding that what they follow is Wicca, when it is just falsely mislabeled by authors who want to make a quick buck using the word "Wicca."

I think I said that in a good way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 pm
Calelith
winksniper

Wicca is a mysterious fertility witchcult that requires initiation into a lineaged coven that can trace said lineage (through training) back to Gerald Gardner, the founder of the religion.

Considering that there is sexual rituals/rites, certain rituals/rites are performed skyclad (in other words, naked), it would be a federal crime to involve minors in said rituals/rites/ceremonies.

95% (though it is reallye 100%) of minors are actually Eclectic Neo-pagans who are under the understanding that what they follow is Wicca, when it is just falsely mislabeled by authors who want to make a quick buck using the word "Wicca."

Oh okay, yeah that's what I heard. And it makes a lot of sense.
But what about solitary witches?  

iconiq

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:03 pm
winksniper
Calelith
winksniper

Oh okay, yeah that's what I heard. And it makes a lot of sense.
But what about solitary witches?

it's possible to be a witch without a coven, but not a wiccan. witch and wiccan are not interchangeable labels. all wiccans are witches, but not all witches are wiccan.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 pm
winksniper

I dislike a lot of things about it. For one thing, I don't (And honestly, never have) feel comfortable being in Church or any similar situation because 1) I find it boring and 2) it's just not for me.
What traditions outside of the denomination of your upbringing have you participated in?
Quote:

Being raised Christian, I feel it's safe to say that most Christians (The ones I know (Which is a whole side of a family and their friends, etc. Obviously not all) are very conservative and generally close-minded.
This is known as a biased sample. Expecting your limited experience to address the whole of Christendom is unrealistic.

Then you get into the problem that so what if a majority behaves a certain way. That doesn't mean that's the right way.

Quote:
For example, my dad and I recently had a very heated discussion about whether homosexuality is "right" or "wrong" (actually, it was more like me trying to tell him he had no right saying his way of life was any "better" than anyone else's).
So you approached your father with a lack of respect and disregard for his position...?

Quote:
Not surprisingly, his only defense was "the Bible says it's condemned." Even as I tried to tell him that most people who aren't Christian don't read the Bible and therefore those rules don't necessarily apply to them, it was still "wrong to be gay".
The Bible talks about sex outside of marriage as a distraction from service to their god.

Perhaps instead of tarring all Christians with your resentment for your father, you could give it an honest exploration. We have a couple infodumps on the subject after all.

Quote:
I, myself, am a very very open minded individual,
I never trust people who have to tell me how open minded they are- especially after they denounce others positions through ignorance and bias.

Quote:
and I would like something that doesn't condemn half of my interests and that doesn't allow people to get away with anything by saying "it was the devil"
So far, you haven't excluded Christendom from possible paths. Just a specific denomination.

Quote:
Also, scare tactics < no scare tactics.
Wait- threatening people with the Hell of Christians the way the Wica do is considered not to be a scare tactic because the Wica do it?

Quote:
And I think the turning point in my life for me to reconsider my religion was in 2008 when on a church trip to New York. My given sect of Christianity is Pentecostal, and one of their main beliefs is that you have to be, I dunno, possessed by the Holy Ghost. Which is something I've feared, seeing it happen in churches and the people quiver and shake and speak in tongues... it was very frightful. So this one night at church they were lining up everyone to perform the ritual (so to speak). I was terrified as I stood at the back of the line. My two cousins, who went to church a whole hell of a lot more often than me, were also scared. Once it was out turn, and the three of us were on the ground, crying, I looked and saw them both experience what everyone else had gone through (although they both deny it). And I waited. And prayed. And waited. And shook and cried and everything, and nothing happened. Of course, that probably doesn't mean anything but for me it was like, "Maybe this isn't for me."
Based on your words, I would hypothesize that this is actually a function of your Pride baring your access to the gifts.

Quote:
I want to dedicate myself by summer because I will have a ton of free time to practice and I can celebrate the solstice. I can be out later at night without being cold and I would really like to try some sort of moon ritual (you can see how novice I am).
Why would celebrating the solstice matter to you?

Quote:
I want to dedicate myself to the religion of Wicca as much as possible.
How do you feel about a god beating the goddess to make her love him?

Quote:
Of course, the whole fertility part aside, I'd have to practice mostly in secrecy.
So you think it is ethical for you to abuse the hospitality of your parents?
People who sacrifice for you?

Quote:
I've been raised with religion and my mind just kinda... works that way so since at this point I'm sure I probably won't go back to Christianity in full, and I do not want to be Atheist, I wouldn't want to wait 3 more years until I can officially become Wiccan.

Your posts reflect someone who isn't Seeking a new path, but is running away from an old one in order to develop autonomy.

That's cool. It's a natural part of growing up. But are you prepared to worship a god of death who beats his consort?
Are you prepared to suffer the generational curses and Hell for breaking your relationship with the god of Yeshua?
Are you prepared to be an oathbreaker and a manipulator while under your parent's roof?  

TeaDidikai

iconiq

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:45 pm
TeaDidikai
winksniper

I dislike a lot of things about it. For one thing, I don't (And honestly, never have) feel comfortable being in Church or any similar situation because 1) I find it boring and 2) it's just not for me.
What traditions outside of the denomination of your upbringing have you participated in?
Quote:

Being raised Christian, I feel it's safe to say that most Christians (The ones I know (Which is a whole side of a family and their friends, etc. Obviously not all) are very conservative and generally close-minded.
This is known as a biased sample. Expecting your limited experience to address the whole of Christendom is unrealistic.

Then you get into the problem that so what if a majority behaves a certain way. That doesn't mean that's the right way.

Quote:
For example, my dad and I recently had a very heated discussion about whether homosexuality is "right" or "wrong" (actually, it was more like me trying to tell him he had no right saying his way of life was any "better" than anyone else's).
So you approached your father with a lack of respect and disregard for his position...?

Quote:
Not surprisingly, his only defense was "the Bible says it's condemned." Even as I tried to tell him that most people who aren't Christian don't read the Bible and therefore those rules don't necessarily apply to them, it was still "wrong to be gay".
The Bible talks about sex outside of marriage as a distraction from service to their god.

Perhaps instead of tarring all Christians with your resentment for your father, you could give it an honest exploration. We have a couple infodumps on the subject after all.

Quote:
I, myself, am a very very open minded individual,
I never trust people who have to tell me how open minded they are- especially after they denounce others positions through ignorance and bias.

Quote:
and I would like something that doesn't condemn half of my interests and that doesn't allow people to get away with anything by saying "it was the devil"
So far, you haven't excluded Christendom from possible paths. Just a specific denomination.

Quote:
Also, scare tactics < no scare tactics.
Wait- threatening people with the Hell of Christians the way the Wica do is considered not to be a scare tactic because the Wica do it?

Quote:
And I think the turning point in my life for me to reconsider my religion was in 2008 when on a church trip to New York. My given sect of Christianity is Pentecostal, and one of their main beliefs is that you have to be, I dunno, possessed by the Holy Ghost. Which is something I've feared, seeing it happen in churches and the people quiver and shake and speak in tongues... it was very frightful. So this one night at church they were lining up everyone to perform the ritual (so to speak). I was terrified as I stood at the back of the line. My two cousins, who went to church a whole hell of a lot more often than me, were also scared. Once it was out turn, and the three of us were on the ground, crying, I looked and saw them both experience what everyone else had gone through (although they both deny it). And I waited. And prayed. And waited. And shook and cried and everything, and nothing happened. Of course, that probably doesn't mean anything but for me it was like, "Maybe this isn't for me."
Based on your words, I would hypothesize that this is actually a function of your Pride baring your access to the gifts.

Quote:
Why would celebrating the solstice matter to you?

Quote:
I want to dedicate myself to the religion of Wicca as much as possible.
How do you feel about a god beating the goddess to make her love him?

Quote:
Of course, the whole fertility part aside, I'd have to practice mostly in secrecy.
So you think it is ethical for you to abuse the hospitality of your parents?
People who sacrifice for you?

Quote:
I've been raised with religion and my mind just kinda... works that way so since at this point I'm sure I probably won't go back to Christianity in full, and I do not want to be Atheist, I wouldn't want to wait 3 more years until I can officially become Wiccan.

Your posts reflect someone who isn't Seeking a new path, but is running away from an old one in order to develop autonomy.

That's cool. It's a natural part of growing up. But are you prepared to worship a god of death who beats his consort?
Are you prepared to suffer the generational curses and Hell for breaking your relationship with the god of Yeshua?
Are you prepared to be an oathbreaker and a manipulator while under your parent's roof?

Firstly, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't put words in my mouth. Most of the things you assumed I was trying to get at were never the implication.
Second, I'm not looking for a debate. The only reason I'm here is to learn, not for you to test how much I know.

I've participated in other denominations of Christianity, but the one that I've probably participated in most outside of my own is Catholicism, thanks to my church-going friends.

Like I said, most Christians that I know of. Never did I say ALL CHRISTIANS ARE THIS WAY.

Actually no, that's not how it happened since he was judging me for my taste of friends. You really don't know my father. ><

I've given Christianity honest exploration. I honestly did. I studied it, got little brochures and CD packs and read bits of the Bible and went to kids Bible websites (I was like 12/13-ish) and researched a lot of it similar to how I am studying Paganism. And I devoted myself to it, as well.

I haven't excluded Christianity entirely simply because I will always have a connection to it because it was what I was raised with. But Paganism speaks a lot louder to me.

Never said that.

Yeah, that's how they described it. "You must be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost in order to get into Heaven." What about the millions of people who have never had that happen to them...?

At this point, celebrating the solstice doesn't mean much. But the solstice to me is a good time frame to get enough information to at least make a decision on what to do.

I'm not abusing any hospitality under the roof of my parents, actually. Just because they don't know I'm studying Paganism doesn't mean that I'm abusing their hospitality. I'm not running away in the middle of the night or cursing their love. I'm grateful for everything they've given me, even if that in part is a broken household (which, to me, is almost beneficial. My mother (who I currently live with) is a lot more liberal and open minded religion-wise than my father, so even if she did know what I was studying, she'd definitely support me.) It's not like I'm gonna sneak out in the middle of the night to go and do magic with some coven or something, no. Absolutely not. What I meant by "secrecy" was more or less "without making it openly known". >< & no, I am not a manipulator or oathbreaker. I really don't know where you got that from.

rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:14 pm
What a smart 15 year old
rolleyes

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

iconiq

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:17 pm