Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:06 pm
How hard is it to google "Nihongi, mishihase, oni, foreign*"?

Or are you just trying to be a brat for brat's sake? Cuz that's what it looks like.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:17 pm
Collowrath

Or are you just trying to be a brat for brat's sake? Cuz that's what it looks like.

I just saw that.

And I was almost guilty of committing the same thing in EDP. xD  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:38 pm
Collowrath
I don't know how much longer I can keep my patience with a certain M&R member. I haven't responded to her, but her level of BAAW and willful ignorance is grating on my nerves. Her lack of respect for other members of the forum and her constant "I don't accept your evidence because it challenges my preconceived notions" attitude is really... frustrating. To say the least.

I'm going to refrain from the more tactless remarks that were running through my head.

Is it me? I bet it's me.

The world outside is just so big and scary. It hurts my brain to think about people having differing views.

I just end up crying and rocking in the corner every time someone mentions things that might challenge my world view.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:43 pm
True Colours of Destiny
Collowrath

I just saw that.

And I was almost guilty of committing the same thing in EDP. xD

Eh, it's not really a big deal - it's just that given her other posts on the forum, my inclination is that she's just trying to be an a*****e.  

Collowrath

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:10 pm
Ashley the Bee
Recursive Paradox
IT WOULD BE ******** NICE FOR PEOPLE TO ******** LEARN HOW TO DRIVE SAFELY IN THE RAIN. That way I could avoid having two near death experiences in one afternoon because people are ******** idiots and need to die in a fire.

! =(

*comfort*

It really upsets me here, because this city has very rainy and very snowy weather (depending on whether it's winter or July, yes we have only two seasons of fail here.) and you'd expect that the douchebags that live in this place would have at least some experience with driving safely in adverse whether conditions.

But... they don't. They drive terribly. Not as bad as New Jersey, mind you, but still. It's inexcusable. And I really don't need anxiety attacks on the road because some guy almost ran me off it due to his cell phone convo. x_x

patch99329
Manners cost nothing.
It annoys me rather alot to see people 'correcting' those that do not know better in the manner that they do. I'm not talking about the willfully ignorant here, but those who have been genuinely misinformed and show an obvious desire to learn.
Instead of politely correcting them, or even challenging them. People are addressed in a way that comes across as hostile or mocking. God forbid that somebody may take offense at that.

Correct, don't ******** belittle.

There's been a sort of slow rot in the M&R for a while where we're just slowly losing all the good cops and everyone is becoming bad cops. I guess the satisfaction at unleashing righteous fury is more important than actually, you know, making real change in people. *sigh*

I wonder at what exact point we lost our capacity to teach because we were too busy beating the s**t out of people for their errors. I just hope the forum can get it back soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:16 pm
Fiddlers Green
I've been told i was flirting, or being flirted with when I had no idea such a thing was happening.

Guilty as charged.
I stopped being subtle.

Fiddlers Green
My point is, please be patient with misunderstandings. sweatdrop

No. They must come around to my way of thinking. Now.
wink  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:37 pm
Recursive Paradox
There's been a sort of slow rot in the M&R for a while where we're just slowly losing all the good cops and everyone is becoming bad cops. I guess the satisfaction at unleashing righteous fury is more important than actually, you know, making real change in people. *sigh*

I wonder at what exact point we lost our capacity to teach because we were too busy beating the s**t out of people for their errors. I just hope the forum can get it back soon.

The problem is being a good cop takes too long and most people just ignore you because you don't fit into their little world view, and you don't seem to have any stake in what you're saying. It's the difference between:

YOU'RE SUCH A LIAR, RECURSIVE PARADOX!

and:

I think you've been misinformed, Recursive Paradox, here are some websites that show my side.

The first one makes people reply, and the second one makes people go "Blah, blah, blah, the internet can say anything."

I've tried PMing people telling them nicely that they're misinformed, and that people are not going to be so kind in M&R. I usually get ignored, or "Oh, well, we have differing opinions."

Also, I don't think you're a liar.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:55 pm
Dark Lady Kai, by any chance?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:05 pm
Recursive Paradox
patch99329
Manners cost nothing.
It annoys me rather alot to see people 'correcting' those that do not know better in the manner that they do. I'm not talking about the willfully ignorant here, but those who have been genuinely misinformed and show an obvious desire to learn.
Instead of politely correcting them, or even challenging them. People are addressed in a way that comes across as hostile or mocking. God forbid that somebody may take offense at that.

Correct, don't ******** belittle.

My usual policy is that if I can't say it in a nice way, to not say it at all. Unfortunately, sometimes people don't respond well to nice language - they need it to be forceful, otherwise they'll keep looking for ways they can pleasantly ignore you.

CuAnnan

She's just Lady Rai now or something. But yes, that one. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:08 pm
Collowrath
CuAnnan

She's just Lady Rai now or something. But yes, that one. xp

I'm beyond being as civil as I get with that one. Any time she snipes at me from now on, I'm returning fire full force.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:12 pm
AniMajor
Recursive Paradox

The problem is being a good cop takes too long and most people just ignore you because you don't fit into their little world view, and you don't seem to have any stake in what you're saying. It's the difference between:

YOU'RE SUCH A LIAR, RECURSIVE PARADOX!

and:

I think you've been misinformed, Recursive Paradox, here are some websites that show my side.

The first one makes people reply, and the second one makes people go "Blah, blah, blah, the internet can say anything."

I've tried PMing people telling them nicely that they're misinformed, and that people are not going to be so kind in M&R. I usually get ignored, or "Oh, well, we have differing opinions."

Also, I don't think you're a liar.

The first one makes people reply defensively and learn nothing. The second makes people dismiss it. The key comes in the fact that there's a difference between being a belligerent piece of s**t to someone and being firm and blunt. You don't have to do either of the above. You can find a nice middle ground, where you retain courtesy without being yielding.

When stating things plainly and unsugarcoated, it's still possible to show a basic level of courtesy. A big part of that is not to mock the ******** out of the person you're talking to or speaking about. I mean sure, some of the shots are pretty funny, but is taking shots at someone really going to get through to them?

I can understand getting fed up with the willfully ignorant folks. They often end up being lost causes until time and painful lessons teach them better. But what about the people who genuinely want to learn? If we assume that everyone we deal with who is wrong is also willfully ignorant we'll show them that we aren't worth listening to by being assholes to them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:14 pm
Collowrath

My usual policy is that if I can't say it in a nice way, to not say it at all. Unfortunately, sometimes people don't respond well to nice language - they need it to be forceful, otherwise they'll keep looking for ways they can pleasantly ignore you.

I guess I just wish people would stay on the forceful side of the fine line between forceful and douchebaggery. Seems reasonable doesn't it?

At the very least, we need some more good cops to swoop in and save the day when those that belittle are chasing away genuine learners. Generally they will flock to the nicer folk if they want to learn, whereas willfully ignorant folk (who very much deserve the vitriol) will ignore or respond poorly to both the bad ones and the good ones. It's a good litmus test.

Edit: I guess you could say I am lamenting the loss of an important part of the M&R ecosystem: The Good Cop/The Nice Reg. It's fine to have assholes and jerks in here. In fact the slash and burn types play a very important role and if we were all nice hippy style hug lovers here, things wouldn't get done either.

But either extreme is bad. We can't all be bitter pseudo-sociopaths who treat everyone we come across as though they are dangerous missile silo that needs to be nuked as heavily as possible. We can't all be nice, well meaning folk who put things in a gentle but easily ignored fashion. There needs to be a balance (and those who tread the middle line between those extremes) and without that balance, the actual learning and teaching in the M&R dies.  

Recursive Paradox

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:25 pm
Recursive Paradox

Edit: I guess you could say I am lamenting the loss of an important part of the M&R ecosystem: The Good Cop/The Nice Reg.

*single tear* I...I guess I'll pack up and leave...

It's something I wish would come back too. I mean, I love most of y'all, but you can be just plain dickish sometimes. It makes me uncomfortable sometimes, and I married an a*****e!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:33 pm
I think you said it best Poe when you said something along the lines of this:

We need you guys (bad cops), because sometimes people just need to be told they're ******** idiots who should go kill themselves, because they're being <********> idiots, but then we (good cops) come in, all field nurse and we say "Yeah, I bet that ******** hurt, but you were being kind of dumb you know" and we treat their wounds and fluff their pillows and close the curtains when you stand outside glaring and pointing at them. It's a good system.

I swear, it took all the restraint in the world not to tell Rai "Look here, thundercunt, Tea ******** gave you the source, now grow a ******** brain and stop trying to look smart because you're failing, you ******** thoughtless t**t," today.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:57 pm
But the Good Cop/Bad Cop thing has to have two people who know what the other is doing. Does this mean we need to pair up and coordinate posts?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games