Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
I'm going to be talking for a long, long time. 8D Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 85 86 87 88 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:28 pm
Yokies

Hey, hun, sorry that I haven't spoken to you in ages. I just haven't been myself and decided to drop off the face of the earth for a while.
But I'm back and trying to catch up with everyone. So tell me everything I've missed? How have you been? What's new? How's your hubbie and son?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:34 pm
Clasela

It's fine! Sometimes you need time off, that's understandable. :3
It's good to see you back though. Not too much has gone on. We got our income tax money, so we're finally in the market for a car. 4laugh I'm still recovering from a stomach bug. I threw up a couple of days ago. Went out to eat with some friends and I ended up just blowing it all over the entrance of the place. I felt so bad. x_x I haven't eaten much since because I just don't want to do that again, blah. My son also threw up (a day before I did) but he's perfectly fine now.
Also I think my husband is going to be pretty sad when he gets back home from work. His parents went to their hometown (well it's a city but yeah) and apparently they've just cut everything with his grandfather. A lot of personal crap was spewed between everyone and I learned some things I probably didn't need to know but.. wow. I just don't even know what to say.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:05 pm
Yokies

Aw that's wonderful and you won't know yourselves because you'll be able to get out more and get away from the things that trouble you.
Oh geez, that's bad, but it cannot be helped and sometimes it makes you feel better. Are you better now or still getting there?
Oh no, his parents are always the ones causing trouble, aren't they? How did he react?
I honestly think some people just create dram because they cannot seem to live without it. Like leeches sucking up the misery from others.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:05 pm
Clasela

Yeah. That's something I'm really looking forward to. My mom is going to take him out to go look at cars tomorrow.
I'm better now. I was even able to eat eggs today. c: I missed eggs. xD Love them so much haha.
Well to be honest with you it wasn't even really his parents this time. I mean I'm sure they reacted over the top like they always do, but it was actually warranted this time for the most part. See.. his grandfather had apparently taken all the photos of this family down around his house, and put up photos of his other son's family. This son isn't related to my husband's mother (she has her own brother but he's just all sorts of trouble himself), and his grandfather had never got the chance to be in this son's life. The mother of this son forced him out and didn't let him see him, but as soon as my husband's grandmother died, this woman swooped right in and started "taking care" of his grandfather. By taking care of, I mean she's helped him get rid of every single thing him and my husband's grandmother had together, dumped everything that was broken and what SHE did not want on my husband's mom, and is helping him sell the house my husband's grandfather and grandmother had together for years. Hell, his grandmothers dog went "missing" months ago and I don't know if they ever even found her. I didn't hear that they did. It just seemed so "weird" how out of all the dogs he had, HER dog is the one that "got out", apparently.

The day they went there to see him was the day he was apparently coming down here to visit his other son (the son lives here, with his own family and everything). He didn't tell my husband's mom that he was coming here. She told him they were going there to see family (long story short on that one, a little girl that were related to his grandmother that lives here was killed, so they wanted to see everyone involved), and obviously that meant that he wanted to see him too. They did see him and spent the night at his house, but that morning he left without a word, and even hit their truck without telling them. They said.. a lot to each other over the phone, and he ended up just telling her to "get the ******** out of his house". After hearing what she said to him (she brought up some things from the past), I honestly couldn't believe he had the nerve to say something like that to her, and then after just taking off and even hitting their truck.

At this point I honestly felt bad for his mom, because all her life he told her that he loved her and treated her like she was really her daughter (they actually aren't related, he came in later in her life), just for this to happen, just for him to get rid of everything about her and her family from his home and to move onto this other family, just because this other woman is finally letting him into their life. She's always been there for him, showed up when he needed her for her mother and never tried to kick him out of her children's lives, even with what she had to deal with with him when she was younger (part of the past stuff I was talking about).

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Yokies

Oh gosh. xD I think I only trained a Skitty once, because I had randomly come across it and never seen it before, so I wanted to give it a try. Delcatty was a fun Pokemon haha. I think people often mistake it for being part Dragon since it's the Pseudo-Legendary of Johto and many of them are part Dragon-type, but not in this case haha. That Larvitar was one of my favorite Pokemon on the show, it as so cute. xD

Though there is a possibility you'll still know that it's something bad just by how it was said. XD
I've stayed awake until 7 in the morning before. ._. But that was watching an anime I really wanted to finish at the time. XD

I love the cold but I'm not very good at handling it haha. But I'd much rather be cold than hot, hot is so ugh.
I think many companies are starting to do that anyhow, where the interface will be the same everywhere with just key differences depending on region and the language of the area. I mean, it's just easier that way you can so get help with it from anywhere.

I have no idea, sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I never do ALL the faces my Pokemon wants and I end up failing them. XD But I did do it ONCE for my Charizard, it was the only time haha.

I would hope no one in the world has that name omg.

Most people figure they're just going to let things get worse since in the long run, it's more "beneficial" to them. If people are desperate to get more gold and items, then they will more than likely be willing to drop down cash or more cash if they already spent in the first place. But this tactic is only really going to last so long because I think eventually people are honestly going to get tired of it.
There was talk of raising the tax and I now people are more willing to be on board with that idea. Before when the inflation wasn't as bad, people didn't think it was fair to tax as more for Gaia pushing gold generators (it being their fault), but now people are desperate for any kind of gold sink because there is just too much and it's not going anywhere.

That's what people are mainly afraid of. Everyone has a feeling the free side of Gaia is fading away and we're not going to be having a lot of free things anymore. Everyday something new gets added into the Cash Shop and we're lucky to see any kind of update anywhere else on the site. We barely got this event because so many people voiced their disappointment in it. What sucks even worse is because Uncle Kenny ended up quitting and he was the Event Lead and the Lead Developer. People are very worried about Gaia's future in that department now that he's gone, because he was literally the only person who did gold sinks and updated Flynn's Plunder (the MP shop where people sink gold into very rare items like 03's and stuff). Now I'm not sure what is going to happen.
I think it's a pretty big waste too. They could have done something at least half decent to bring up userbase morale. I mean people are sad and pissed and just plain tired of Gaia right now, every day I see more and more people admit that it had been days since they logged into Gaia or even thought about it, and when they come back on they're bombarded with cash announcements and it's just too much.

User Image User Image

I accidentally "killed" mine when I first encountered it. 'Twas one of the biggest mistakes of my life coz it took me forever to capture one again. To be honest, Skitty and Delcatty are the exception to my rule of cute-made-uber-strong Pokemon. I just couldn't get them to be as strong as I want xD
      That is true. Plus, they kind of look like a Dragon so many (including me) would think they're part Dragon. Yes, that is true. He was really cute there. *sigh* If only they were real xD

True, the emphasis of the word would've given you the idea rofl
      The latest I could get was 3 in the morning, and that was because we had to finish a project that's due the following day. Imagine me staying up until 7 in the morning... I'd be a walking dead then.

I guess coming from a tropical country, I prefer hot weather over cold ones. I'm not good with cold, I just don't know where to go when it's too cold.
      It's plus points for them as well. And it's not hard to have your gadgets fixed. That's one of the things that I really like about Samsung gadgets. They're not picky on where you came from.

I just gave up on it. I tried it a couple more times, and it's when you stay put and just make some weird face that it's activated. Like really keep your head still but make a kissy face or something. But it's so hard! I'll just stick to feeding them and playing with yarn.

There is one person is this world who's named like that! I forgot which country... somewhere in Europe I think. Somehow the name was pronounced like Aisha or something like that. If I remember correctly, the government tried to step in to prevent the parents from naming their baby girl like that, but the parents won coz they're free to name their kids whatever they want to name them. Freedom of choice, they said.

I just don't see how it could be beneficial. Period. If we don't get this amount of gold out of the system, I don't see how the inflation will stop.
      Now that I think about it, maybe a bigger tax might not have made much of a difference. I mean, vendors would probably just compute the tax in their prices so that they'll still come out with a big profit. It would only increase the prices more. Gold sinks would have been better. Like better items in the gold shop that's actually worth the price we're paying for them. Like the animal fur in Skin Tyte. That should get an amount of gold out of the system. It's new and innovative and useful, unlike the bathroom sponge they're selling.

I think that if worse comes to worst, posting in forums will be the only free thing here. If you want to join an event, you gotta pay something. If you want something, you'll have to pay big for it.
      Well, that is something to dread. Did he say why he was leaving? Oh so that's what Flynn's Plunder is all about! Although I never really found anything in there. Maybe I was just there at the wrong time.
      True! Every week when I log in, I see 10 announcements about sales and cash shop updates. That's why it came as a surprise when the animal fur items were being sold in Skin Tyte. That was definitely a first for me. Yeah, something that could have reminded people how fun it was to interact with others and not just focus on the stupid beautiful cash items they'll never be able to get rofl

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:15 pm
Louisa Iris

Oh yeah.. Skitty and Delcatty just aren't that strong no matter what you do with them. They're cute and fun to use, but they're going to be overpowered by something no matter what.
I guess it's a possibility they were made with the idea of them being dragon's in mind but it didn't end up that way, I dunno. xD Metagross was also a Pseudo and it's like a super computer. rofl

Sometimes emphasis is all it takes to really understand a situation. XD
I remember I never actually stayed up just to finish a project. I was already going to do so anyway, and if I DID have something to do well.. it'd just work out that I had time to do it. XD

I just bundle up when it's cold. To be honest with you I love cold weather fashion, if I could live somewhere where it was cold half the time I would. It's too hot here and I hate it. XD Despite living here my whole life. I'm used to it sure, but I dislike it.
I actually have a Samsung phone. xD It's really reliable and survives when I drop it haha. Of course it doesn't have a big ol' screen that can break, but it's still nice.

I think I learned how to actually activate it. When that little yellow face in the corner pops up you have to keep it there, but make different faces. Sometimes I can move from side to side without it going away, and it'll initiate the "game" because it registers that you're "playing" with your Pokemon.

Well. Hm. Okay. I wonder how that little girl is going to live with that but meh. xD I think in that case I could understand the government trying to intervene but in the end I knew there would be nothing that could be done about it, but I guess they were hoping deep down that them trying to step in in the first place would cause the parents to change their minds on their own.

It's definitely not going to stop. It might stagnate, which is really all we can hope for, but things are STILL too much and it NEEDS to drop, not just say this high.
That's actually the reasoning people gave, that people would just manipulate the prices to counteract the tax. I think in the end, it wouldn't have really mattered though and people would have gotten back into their lazy routine and not care. I mean you're going to have other people undercutting you no matter what anyway, and it's eventually just going to go back down to the price it once was. While I agree, gold sinks are a better idea, I don't think I would have minded a small raise in the tax. Maybe to 5%, which still isn't that much, but it would have made a difference down the line. I'm glad they put those skins for that much in the shop, but I wish they put MORE of them in there for gold instead of cash. It was very depressing to see about 90% of the options be 15 dollars+ instead of maybe a few million. I would have probably spend 5mil to be white, that's how much I WANT to be able to throw my gold away. I have TOO much for someone who does next to nothing to earn it. I mean not that I do nothing for my gold, but it certainly shouldn't be this easy for me to get as much as I have, and it still not really matter because it doesn't buy much.

I think if it ever did come to that people really will give up on Gaia. Forums can't be the only free thing here, and people have stated if the site became pay to play, they would leave. They wouldn't give it a chance.
Yes, he did let everyone know that he was leaving. He apparently found a better paying job that not only offered that extra money, but is going to look good for his career as a whole. He had to take it, it was the best thing for him, so everyone understood. Flynn's Plunder used to update periodically itself, but the coding for it somehow broke, and he updated it a few times himself by hand because people wanted things in there, but I guess he was never actually assigned to fix the coding, or anyone else for that matter, so it remains broken and not updated.
Yeah, all people see are the cash grabs and it puts them off. It makes them forget the other aspects of Gaia that are still free and still work and they can't make the best out of them because they're reminded every day of what doesn't work, or what isn't free and how the staff doesn't care that it sucks right now.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:43 pm
Yokies

Oh yeah.. Skitty and Delcatty just aren't that strong no matter what you do with them. They're cute and fun to use, but they're going to be overpowered by something no matter what.
I guess it's a possibility they were made with the idea of them being dragon's in mind but it didn't end up that way, I dunno. xD Metagross was also a Pseudo and it's like a super computer. rofl

Sometimes emphasis is all it takes to really understand a situation. XD
I remember I never actually stayed up just to finish a project. I was already going to do so anyway, and if I DID have something to do well.. it'd just work out that I had time to do it. XD

I just bundle up when it's cold. To be honest with you I love cold weather fashion, if I could live somewhere where it was cold half the time I would. It's too hot here and I hate it. XD Despite living here my whole life. I'm used to it sure, but I dislike it.
I actually have a Samsung phone. xD It's really reliable and survives when I drop it haha. Of course it doesn't have a big ol' screen that can break, but it's still nice.

I think I learned how to actually activate it. When that little yellow face in the corner pops up you have to keep it there, but make different faces. Sometimes I can move from side to side without it going away, and it'll initiate the "game" because it registers that you're "playing" with your Pokemon.

Well. Hm. Okay. I wonder how that little girl is going to live with that but meh. xD I think in that case I could understand the government trying to intervene but in the end I knew there would be nothing that could be done about it, but I guess they were hoping deep down that them trying to step in in the first place would cause the parents to change their minds on their own.

It's definitely not going to stop. It might stagnate, which is really all we can hope for, but things are STILL too much and it NEEDS to drop, not just say this high.
That's actually the reasoning people gave, that people would just manipulate the prices to counteract the tax. I think in the end, it wouldn't have really mattered though and people would have gotten back into their lazy routine and not care. I mean you're going to have other people undercutting you no matter what anyway, and it's eventually just going to go back down to the price it once was. While I agree, gold sinks are a better idea, I don't think I would have minded a small raise in the tax. Maybe to 5%, which still isn't that much, but it would have made a difference down the line. I'm glad they put those skins for that much in the shop, but I wish they put MORE of them in there for gold instead of cash. It was very depressing to see about 90% of the options be 15 dollars+ instead of maybe a few million. I would have probably spend 5mil to be white, that's how much I WANT to be able to throw my gold away. I have TOO much for someone who does next to nothing to earn it. I mean not that I do nothing for my gold, but it certainly shouldn't be this easy for me to get as much as I have, and it still not really matter because it doesn't buy much.

I think if it ever did come to that people really will give up on Gaia. Forums can't be the only free thing here, and people have stated if the site became pay to play, they would leave. They wouldn't give it a chance.
Yes, he did let everyone know that he was leaving. He apparently found a better paying job that not only offered that extra money, but is going to look good for his career as a whole. He had to take it, it was the best thing for him, so everyone understood. Flynn's Plunder used to update periodically itself, but the coding for it somehow broke, and he updated it a few times himself by hand because people wanted things in there, but I guess he was never actually assigned to fix the coding, or anyone else for that matter, so it remains broken and not updated.
Yeah, all people see are the cash grabs and it puts them off. It makes them forget the other aspects of Gaia that are still free and still work and they can't make the best out of them because they're reminded every day of what doesn't work, or what isn't free and how the staff doesn't care that it sucks right now.

User Image User Image

I think they really were meant to be an imitation of our ordinary house cats. I can picture a house with a Delcatty around, maybe helping along in minding the baby. But definitely not for hardcore battling.
      That could be a possibility. Metagross is just plain strong. He's like one of them Pokemons you see for the first time and you know they're deep s**t serious players.

Wish I could say the same, but yeah... a lot of nights were spent trying to finish something xD One time, I even ended up just watching The Avengers again simply because I was too tired to think of our project.

Yes, winter clothing is definitely cuter than summer clothing. All the fur emotion_kirakira And yes, the heat could get to you. I guess we're just not used to cold here so I'm not really keen on it.
      Ah yes, the ultimate test of a phone: will it break when I drop it? rofl That is one hassle of having touch screen phones. One little crack and you're whole phone life is ruined!

I like it when I move my head side to side and my Pokemon follows along. So cute~! But yeah, that's the most that I would go for making faces. It's just not my thing sweatdrop

Yeah, kinda makes you wonder how do they introduce themselves to class.
      I think it was the hospital who first tried to intervene. But when the papers got to the registry, that was the time the government tried to step in. True, sort of intimidate the parents to not give their daughter a crazy name. I could understand funny mix ups in the first and last name like North West, but for that little girl? At least her name's unique xD

I think what makes it even harder to stop is that Gaia gold is not real money. It's hard to actually picture how bad things are going on here coz it doesn't really affect us. I mean, my life doesn't stop or break down by the release of recolors everyday.
      You have a fair point there. A little increase then would make something of a difference now. What are the odds they will actually try to increase the tax now eh?
      Yeah, still a lot of cash items for that fur. I too wouldn't have minded spending some gold in it, but again, what good items are there in the gold shop for the fur? All nice items are in the cash shop. They could have at least made the other skins available in gold.

I would. I wouldn't be able to afford anything else here if it would mean paying real money for something that's not real or usable in real life.
      Oh wow, well there we are. Gaia is really facing some major problems if they're losing their key employees. No, I don't think I ever got the chance to actually visit that place when it was up and running. I used to believe it was just the old site for the auction thing. The next time I got there, it was all about Flynn's Booty and Chest.
      Really sucks. I for one just love the recolors. But if I can't afford to buy the original, what are the chances of me getting the recolors? Why is it so hard to control imaginary money?

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:06 am
Louisa Iris

Oh gosh I'm sorry for not answering this a long a** time ago. gonk I could have sworn I did, and then I saw your name as the last poster and I was like NOOOO.

Oh gosh, imagining a Pokemon minding a baby. With how they're depicted, I'm sure some Pokemon would make better mothers than actual human beings. xD Most definitely could.
I took on a Metagross in a Wifi battle once. I was able to win with my Avalugg, it's defense is crazy and even with a super effective Meteor Mash it could not kill it. XD So I Cursed and destroyed it!

I don't think I've ever done that. XD Just deciding to watch a movie instead of doing a project, but I have suddenly decided to switch what I was doing in the middle of something I intended to do. Just never with school work. o Ao

I love fluffy things. xD Except on boots.. I don't like those. Bleh.
That's what I'm afraid of. I'd love a touch screen phone, but I drop my down a lot and I don't know if I could trust myself with one. Then again, I think I drop it a lot because it's so small. xD A touch phone would be a lot bigger and I think I'd have a better grasp on it.

Haha my husband's brother was trying to make faces at my Aggron. I finally got my Shiny one over. :3 I don't know if I ever told you but my husband's brother traded for it to give to me. And I'm training the Shiny Aron another friend gave to me as well!

I think a unique name is really something she just has to keep thinking to herself as she grows up, really. XD It's unique, that's all there is to it! But I can't blame anyone for trying to intervene.

That's probably where the divide comes from. Some people act very... immature about the situation and drown out the people who are actually sensible. People act like it's killing them that Gaia is like this, while others are just kind of indifferent to the situation. I guess in a way I'm indifferent because I'm still able to acquire things here and there all the while helping out my friends, but on someone else's end, they might not even be able to afford something worth half of what I'm able to buy, and if I were in that position I know it'd suck. But would I be broken up about it? I highly doubt it.
I'm not sure. Uncle Kenny is the one who I believe asked about a raised tax to begin with and he's not longer here, so I'm not sure if anyone else is really going to look into it, but there has been talk of raising the gold cap. As of right now it's a little over 2bil I believe, but SO many people have reached it on their accounts that they've needed multiple mules to hold all their gold. That's a testament to how worthless gold really is, when more than a handful of people have billions just sitting around, rotting.
As of right now I've bought some more animal clothing with my gold, but I still haven't put any of my own money directly into it. I really wish they gave more options for gold, and didn't just reserve all the "meh" colors for the gold shop. I mean it's plain as day that they saved the very nice ones for tons of cash because they knew people would be desperate enough for them, and that's kind of low.

That would be my point as well. Gaia is getting dangerously close to pay to play, as it's kind of "play to win" right now (as in play those CI's they release all the time to see if you win big, or just pay to have anything nice in general). I'm surprised there are still very many people here fighting the good fight, as cynical as it may sound I felt Gaians wouldn't be this resilient haha.
Yeah, you'd think they'd change a bit losing some of their best employees. Obviously they weren't offering much if he felt it was far better for him to leave rather than stay, no matter how much he actually liked his job. Flynn's Plunder was actually updated a while ago, by Zero Omega I believe, though don't quote me on that. Either way, it's at least going to take a few billion out, but that's not very much given how much is pumped in daily, but I'd rather some sink than no sink, because it's at least some gold taken off the pile, so it doesn't get piled onto by new gold.
Gold is just very hard to work with. I'm sitting on the most I've ever had right now, but that's only because I was able to drop some cash today. Not everyone is able to do that, so it's just.. shitty, to know that some people are just not having a fun time on here.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Trance Harper

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:37 am
      @yokies :
        you are the bestest ! yinlong dreams come true emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:26 pm
Yokies

Oh gosh I'm sorry for not answering this a long a** time ago. gonk I could have sworn I did, and then I saw your name as the last poster and I was like NOOOO.

Oh gosh, imagining a Pokemon minding a baby. With how they're depicted, I'm sure some Pokemon would make better mothers than actual human beings. xD Most definitely could.
I took on a Metagross in a Wifi battle once. I was able to win with my Avalugg, it's defense is crazy and even with a super effective Meteor Mash it could not kill it. XD So I Cursed and destroyed it!

I don't think I've ever done that. XD Just deciding to watch a movie instead of doing a project, but I have suddenly decided to switch what I was doing in the middle of something I intended to do. Just never with school work. o Ao

I love fluffy things. xD Except on boots.. I don't like those. Bleh.
That's what I'm afraid of. I'd love a touch screen phone, but I drop my down a lot and I don't know if I could trust myself with one. Then again, I think I drop it a lot because it's so small. xD A touch phone would be a lot bigger and I think I'd have a better grasp on it.

Haha my husband's brother was trying to make faces at my Aggron. I finally got my Shiny one over. :3 I don't know if I ever told you but my husband's brother traded for it to give to me. And I'm training the Shiny Aron another friend gave to me as well!

I think a unique name is really something she just has to keep thinking to herself as she grows up, really. XD It's unique, that's all there is to it! But I can't blame anyone for trying to intervene.

That's probably where the divide comes from. Some people act very... immature about the situation and drown out the people who are actually sensible. People act like it's killing them that Gaia is like this, while others are just kind of indifferent to the situation. I guess in a way I'm indifferent because I'm still able to acquire things here and there all the while helping out my friends, but on someone else's end, they might not even be able to afford something worth half of what I'm able to buy, and if I were in that position I know it'd suck. But would I be broken up about it? I highly doubt it.
I'm not sure. Uncle Kenny is the one who I believe asked about a raised tax to begin with and he's not longer here, so I'm not sure if anyone else is really going to look into it, but there has been talk of raising the gold cap. As of right now it's a little over 2bil I believe, but SO many people have reached it on their accounts that they've needed multiple mules to hold all their gold. That's a testament to how worthless gold really is, when more than a handful of people have billions just sitting around, rotting.
As of right now I've bought some more animal clothing with my gold, but I still haven't put any of my own money directly into it. I really wish they gave more options for gold, and didn't just reserve all the "meh" colors for the gold shop. I mean it's plain as day that they saved the very nice ones for tons of cash because they knew people would be desperate enough for them, and that's kind of low.

That would be my point as well. Gaia is getting dangerously close to pay to play, as it's kind of "play to win" right now (as in play those CI's they release all the time to see if you win big, or just pay to have anything nice in general). I'm surprised there are still very many people here fighting the good fight, as cynical as it may sound I felt Gaians wouldn't be this resilient haha.
Yeah, you'd think they'd change a bit losing some of their best employees. Obviously they weren't offering much if he felt it was far better for him to leave rather than stay, no matter how much he actually liked his job. Flynn's Plunder was actually updated a while ago, by Zero Omega I believe, though don't quote me on that. Either way, it's at least going to take a few billion out, but that's not very much given how much is pumped in daily, but I'd rather some sink than no sink, because it's at least some gold taken off the pile, so it doesn't get piled onto by new gold.
Gold is just very hard to work with. I'm sitting on the most I've ever had right now, but that's only because I was able to drop some cash today. Not everyone is able to do that, so it's just.. shitty, to know that some people are just not having a fun time on here.

User Image User Image

It's all right, no worries. I wasn't active lately anyway. See, it even took me ages me ages before I responded to your quote xD

Yes, that is a possibility. But I don't think parents would have minded it. I mean, in their world, humans are more dependent on Pokemon. So I do think they will even appreciate it when their pet Pokemon minds the baby. Imagine, a Druddigon trying to lull a baby to sleep rofl
      Meteor Mash is a killer. I remember losing my first Pokemon League to Steven's Metagross with its Meteor Mash. You know, if you hadn't capitalized the C on Cursed, it would have sounded as if your cussing destroyed it xD

Yeah, I was just feeling so damn... tired of my work then that I just did something different for a change. Mind you though, it helped me get a higher score in our project coz I was able to focus afterward C=

I wouldn't mind it... if it would look cute with the rest of the get up.
      That could be a possibility. Sometimes, there just isn't enough space on your phone for your hand to hold on. I guess it's just getting used to the phone that will make you use it better. I remember my sister having her first thin phone. She dropped it because she's not used to having such a thin phone. But now, she says she can't work with thicker phones :p

That's nice. No, I do think you only told me about the Shiny Aron, so I just thought you finally evolved it to an Aggron. At least you're starting to get your dream team together. Although, where do you train in Kalos? I was sorely disappointed when I battled the Elite Four again, only to find out they're the same as when you first challenged them. The only place I go to now is the Battle Chateau, but it can only offer you so much.

Or she could opt to have her name changed. I mean, I do think the government would accept her application right away, considering that they once tried to change it.

That is true. I could just imagine the envy of all those who can't afford over the avatars of those who can afford. I'm not denying it or anything, but I used to be one of those. I mean, all those beautiful items!! I just found it so unfair that for something that's, well, not real, not everyone can have it when it should be really easy to get it. But I just learned to let go of it when I finally realized that it's not the items that I came here for, it's the "freedom of speech" that you get when you talk with other people. So I guess it's not always about the money. Even if you can afford it easily or work your butt off in earning it, if you don't appreciate the company here, then you really won't be happy with whatever Gaia throws at you.
      Well, in whatever way I try thinking about it, gold really is worthless here. I... just can't to explain it properly, but it's like, it's not real money. How much worth can imaginary money have? That's why I don't really get the point of the inflation and the craze of hording so much gold and all. I dunno, I just try to understand things (and I do, honestly!), but I just don't get all the hullabaloo about it.
      If you're really desperate into making your money circulate, why not start a charity or something? At least you'll know that you're money's going somewhere.

That is true. After all the talk I heard about people leaving if this continues... well, here we are still.
      Well, maybe there were other issues that he couldn't explain to the general audience. Like, maybe there was some issue between him and the other employees that are just too personal to broadcast or something like that. Sometimes, it's not always the pay that matters in cases like this, although it could be a big factor.
      Yeah, that is true. It's like the saying "Better late than never". Well, it's not a problem they can fix over night... considering that they release more Cash shop items over night than gold sinks. It's a start. But what's important is that they continue on doing it and improving it.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:16 am
Trance Harper

Oi, I'm sorry I didn't see this before. >w< You're welcome~

Louisa Iris

Oh gosh. xD Well I suppose it wasn't so bad then~

Oh that would be super adorable, Pokemon you wouldn't even think could be gentle soothing a baby. Like Tyranitars are very motherly, but you wouldn't expect it. 4laugh
Oh god, cussing. XDD That would be so sad, cussing out a Pokemon into submission.

That's really good then. :3 Higher scores are always the best outcome, obviously~

The sad thing is is that I have a really small hand, you'd think I could hold my phone just fine, but I need a bigger one to actually grip it. It doesn't help that my phone is like really slippery. xD I guess it really depends on you getting used to what you've got.

I haven't actually been training anywhere specifically yet, but I do need to get on that. I was probably gonna go to the battle restuarant in Lumiose. There is one that has like level 65 Pokemon in it and it would probably be the best place to grind once I have all my EV's where I want them.

This is true, I don't think they would turn her down at all, but she can only legally change her name as an adult.

You're right about that. What Gaia truly has to offer is the space you have to say whatever you want, as long as it follows the pretty basic and understandable rules. You can be honest about yourself and anything here as long as you're not being a huge douchebag or doing anything illegal, that's the best part of Gaia. That's the part people hold onto. Even if items are becoming harder and harder to get by many, they still enjoy the people here, and that's really one of the biggest things any forum based website has to offer.
I guess it's because in the long run, gold will be worth something to someone because they either put time and effort into earning it, or worked for money in real life to put down on this place for gold. Either person is giving something up to get gold, whether they're vending, drawing, booty grabbing or buying an item in the cash shop and selling/using it. That's where the true value lies, in the fact that people are willing to give up hours of their day or parts of their paychecks to get ahead here.

Haha, yeah. I'm not saying I haven't seen people leave, as I have, but plenty of people cried wolf and I still see them posting as if they never said anything. Sure, they're still posting about how pissed they are, but they don't mention leaving anymore. Even if people are mad at Gaia, there are still plenty of them who wouldn't leave it for anything.
Well he kind of came out and said that it had nothing to do with anyone in the workplace and that he still loved the job very much, but the other one was just a better option for him. I don't think he would have any reason to lie, as he could have just kept quiet about it and there would have been no reason to hide to truth from EVERYONE, even his friends.
It seems Zero Omega updated Flynn's Plunder again and put wings in there this time, so that's good too. If he can keep updating it that would be amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:03 am
Yokies

Oh gosh. xD Well I suppose it wasn't so bad then~

Oh that would be super adorable, Pokemon you wouldn't even think could be gentle soothing a baby. Like Tyranitars are very motherly, but you wouldn't expect it. 4laugh
Oh god, cussing. XDD That would be so sad, cussing out a Pokemon into submission.

That's really good then. :3 Higher scores are always the best outcome, obviously~

The sad thing is is that I have a really small hand, you'd think I could hold my phone just fine, but I need a bigger one to actually grip it. It doesn't help that my phone is like really slippery. xD I guess it really depends on you getting used to what you've got.

I haven't actually been training anywhere specifically yet, but I do need to get on that. I was probably gonna go to the battle restuarant in Lumiose. There is one that has like level 65 Pokemon in it and it would probably be the best place to grind once I have all my EV's where I want them.

This is true, I don't think they would turn her down at all, but she can only legally change her name as an adult.

You're right about that. What Gaia truly has to offer is the space you have to say whatever you want, as long as it follows the pretty basic and understandable rules. You can be honest about yourself and anything here as long as you're not being a huge douchebag or doing anything illegal, that's the best part of Gaia. That's the part people hold onto. Even if items are becoming harder and harder to get by many, they still enjoy the people here, and that's really one of the biggest things any forum based website has to offer.
I guess it's because in the long run, gold will be worth something to someone because they either put time and effort into earning it, or worked for money in real life to put down on this place for gold. Either person is giving something up to get gold, whether they're vending, drawing, booty grabbing or buying an item in the cash shop and selling/using it. That's where the true value lies, in the fact that people are willing to give up hours of their day or parts of their paychecks to get ahead here.

Haha, yeah. I'm not saying I haven't seen people leave, as I have, but plenty of people cried wolf and I still see them posting as if they never said anything. Sure, they're still posting about how pissed they are, but they don't mention leaving anymore. Even if people are mad at Gaia, there are still plenty of them who wouldn't leave it for anything.
Well he kind of came out and said that it had nothing to do with anyone in the workplace and that he still loved the job very much, but the other one was just a better option for him. I don't think he would have any reason to lie, as he could have just kept quiet about it and there would have been no reason to hide to truth from EVERYONE, even his friends.
It seems Zero Omega updated Flynn's Plunder again and put wings in there this time, so that's good too. If he can keep updating it that would be amazing.

User Image User Image

I guess they're all motherly, especially the females. I mean, one time or another, they're going to be moms to their own babies. So yeah, I do think it's possible to see even the scariest Pokemon lull a baby to sleep.
      If you cuss good enough, it just might work rofl

Yeah, some phones are just plain slippery. Like the shiny ones... you'd think they slathered oil all over it xD
      Yeah, just a matter of getting use to things. When I switched from iPhone to Samsung, I found Samsung really light and all. Now, I find iPhone to be really heavy and hard to use xD

Oh yeah, the level 3 star restaurant. Are there any level 5 out there. I haven't been going around Lumiose like I planned. That city really gets my head spinning, literally.
      I just let go of that EV/IV thing. I tried raising their EVs, but I just a lot more confused. I'll just stick to my old motto: cute Pokemons are strong Pokemons xD

Well, she'll only spend 18 years of her life with that weird name. What's 18 compared to the rest of her life eh?

Exactly! No matter how true the saying "don't talk to strangers", there are just some places where strangers can offer the best comfort to someone. It's easier to open up to them since they won't really judge you, and the anonymity given to a person by sites like Gaia are just perfect. Just stick to that and everyone will be fine.
      Yeah, you have a point there. Haha, now I don't know what to think. I agree with you there, but I still don't see why it has to be this complicated.

You got me there. Although I left not because of the items and inflation but more because of my time.
      The call of money just can't be ignored. At least he left without any bad blood between them.
      Yeah, I just checked it out. A lot of wings there. I wanted to make a bid, just to how things are going. But I only had 200k and didn't come up to anything there sweatdrop Come to think about it, I never really did any bidding here.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:37 am
Louisa Iris

This is true. xD In nature all Pokemon become mothers, though just like in our nature I'm sure there are mothers who don't tend to their children. Like I can't imagine a Gyarados taking care of a bunch of baby Magikarp, but maybe they do! Who knows. XD
I'd feel like that'd equate to animal abuse though. XD

Yeah, my phone is a shiny one, so that's why it's slips and slides everywhere. It falls off the drawers I have it on all the time. xD It's like my god it can't even sit on a flat surface.
I've never had an iPhone so I can't compare it. o Ao Right now the phone I have is actually a Samsung, but it's not touch screen or anything like that.

I don't think there are any with level's that low. I just turn on the experience share if I need to level something that's low.
At least cute Pokemon can make you smile and happy. XD Well any of them can but cute Pokemon you can imagine are fluffy and sweet.

I suppose that's true, 18 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

That's one very good example of how "don't talk to strangers" can really hurt someone rather than help. I can understand doing that while you're a young child and like.. out in a public place, but on the internet everyone is a stranger and you kind of can't just.. not talk to anyone or it's not as fun. Again, if you're a young child, you're more than likely just on the computer to play games, so it doesn't matter, but as a teenager and young adult+, you kind of want more than that, you feel the need to interact with people, that's what the internet is really for now. x
I guess that's just like with any situation. Anything can be complicated if a person makes it so, but something like this is probably always going to be inherently complicated because it involves money somewhere.

Time can definitely be a reason to give something up, but you do make it on every now and then and that's cool. :3
Yeah, it would stink for him to have left and anyone be angry at him or something for it. He was a great guy, I'd hate for him to have any staffers he considered friends here hate him for leaving, or him hate anyone here despite their friendships and that influence why he left. That'd be so sad.
I could bid on a lot of them right now but I don't really want to. Wings have never really been my thing and I can't really justify spending like 100-600mil on a pair of wings. xD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:41 pm
Yokies

This is true. xD In nature all Pokemon become mothers, though just like in our nature I'm sure there are mothers who don't tend to their children. Like I can't imagine a Gyarados taking care of a bunch of baby Magikarp, but maybe they do! Who knows. XD
I'd feel like that'd equate to animal abuse though. XD

Yeah, my phone is a shiny one, so that's why it's slips and slides everywhere. It falls off the drawers I have it on all the time. xD It's like my god it can't even sit on a flat surface.
I've never had an iPhone so I can't compare it. o Ao Right now the phone I have is actually a Samsung, but it's not touch screen or anything like that.

I don't think there are any with level's that low. I just turn on the experience share if I need to level something that's low.
At least cute Pokemon can make you smile and happy. XD Well any of them can but cute Pokemon you can imagine are fluffy and sweet.

I suppose that's true, 18 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

That's one very good example of how "don't talk to strangers" can really hurt someone rather than help. I can understand doing that while you're a young child and like.. out in a public place, but on the internet everyone is a stranger and you kind of can't just.. not talk to anyone or it's not as fun. Again, if you're a young child, you're more than likely just on the computer to play games, so it doesn't matter, but as a teenager and young adult+, you kind of want more than that, you feel the need to interact with people, that's what the internet is really for now. x
I guess that's just like with any situation. Anything can be complicated if a person makes it so, but something like this is probably always going to be inherently complicated because it involves money somewhere.

Time can definitely be a reason to give something up, but you do make it on every now and then and that's cool. :3
Yeah, it would stink for him to have left and anyone be angry at him or something for it. He was a great guy, I'd hate for him to have any staffers he considered friends here hate him for leaving, or him hate anyone here despite their friendships and that influence why he left. That'd be so sad.
I could bid on a lot of them right now but I don't really want to. Wings have never really been my thing and I can't really justify spending like 100-600mil on a pair of wings. xD

User Image User Image

True, there will always be someone out there who's just not motherly.
      Oh yeah, that would be animal abuse. Or in this case, Pokemon abuse xD

It's like there's some dark force associated with it that it must always drop to the ground xD Or maybe gravity just likes your phone too much it pulls it down all the time rofl
      We all used to have Samsung phones, but Nokia has a bigger hold on the general market here so my parents later on switched to Nokia when their Samsung got busted.

I dunno, I just find it really disappointing that the League didn't even change after the game ended. Like the way it did in Black/Black 2. Oh well, just goes to show you can't have everything.
      True. If that Pokemon has a hold on your heart, even if it is a... let's say a Magikarp, it will make you smile. But the fluff and the sweetness can be a plus. Imagine, cuddling a Magikarp xD

Unless you're sick or something and can only live up to a certain age. In that case, 18 years can be your whole life.

Well, it's a safe practice on sites that offer anonymity. But on sites like Facebook and Twitter, it's still kind of common sense not to talk to or to befriend strangers, especially those who randomly add people up.
      True, it is still up to the person on how they will make their lives out. And it just goes to show that in many ways, money does make the world go round.

I know. My escape from reality xD
      It's always a shame to leave because of bad blood or ruined relationship. But sometimes, it's for the best. Oh well, I wish for him all the best. Can't say I knew him, coz I never really did, but still, he was once part of the team that made Gaia great.
      I used to make a real fuss about wings. That's why I could never really let go my Monarch Wings. It was the first animated item, and I got it for free to boot. But yeah, it would be a shame to spend that much amount of money on simple looking wings, no matter how cute they might be.

I just got curious... but what's my type in the Friend Safari? And what are the Pokemons associated with me?

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:07 am
Louisa Iris

Not the abuse. xD Omg.

I think that would mean gravity hates it more than likes it. xD Gravity just sees it and it's like "screw that phone" and punches it to the ground haha.
Sometimes I forget Nokia is still a thing, like no one has those here. I just remember them being very durable.

At least the E4 is always cool. xD Gotta appreciate the diversity in them haha.
Oh god that would probably hurt. Magikarps are very hard (supposedly), like it's been stated in the anime that it's just skin and bone, you can't even eat it. xD

Oh gosh that god depressing real quick. XD

Yeah, that's something everyone should just realize is a bad idea. If you're anonymous, then it doesn't really matter, they don't know who you are or your information, but on sites where your name is clearly listed and sometimes even your location, people should know better. You don't give that information to just anyone.

I hope he's doing well too. I don't think he's really been around since he left, at least I haven't seen him anymore. If he has been on, I'm sure it's just to talk to the people he was really close with.
I have a couple of wings, but only because they got really really cheap. Like they were 100mil+ wings (at the time) and dropped to 10mil, so I bought them. Now.. the inflation has gotten so effin bad, some wings are over 2 billion right now.

I have to check. I haven't really been on it as of late. xD

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 85 86 87 88 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces