Submit

Does the Old Testament count?
  Yes
  No
  Only parts of it (Explain)
View Results

Priestley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:20 am
Keep it on topic guys, or create a new thread. You know the rules...

...and so do I! *breaks into 'Never Gonna Give You Up' by Rick Astley*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 pm
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

As would any tyrant. 3nodding

So would an innocent person. stare We're arguing in circles now. I'm pretty sure that the Creator of the universe would have a bit of a better perspective of justice than someone He happened to stick into that universe. That's like telling the brain it's wrong for operating the way it does.

"But why does this cell only react to horizontal bars moving sideways? That's dumb!" Though, the brain didn't create itself and it's not something that's always existed ... never mind. I hope you get my point. Whether you agree with it or not. -headdesk-

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm almost sure that my brain doesn't process perfectly all the time. I make mistakes.
Well, most brains certainly are wrong to some degree. neutral

How so??

Well, I don't know about you, but I know that my brain has been wrong before. neutral

But not out of a flaw in itself. Just because the brain might arrive at a "wrong" conclusion doesn't mean it's doing anything wrong. For the most part, unless you have a mental disorder, your brain is operating according to its design and function.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:16 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

As would any tyrant. 3nodding

So would an innocent person. stare We're arguing in circles now. I'm pretty sure that the Creator of the universe would have a bit of a better perspective of justice than someone He happened to stick into that universe. That's like telling the brain it's wrong for operating the way it does.

"But why does this cell only react to horizontal bars moving sideways? That's dumb!" Though, the brain didn't create itself and it's not something that's always existed ... never mind. I hope you get my point. Whether you agree with it or not. -headdesk-

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm almost sure that my brain doesn't process perfectly all the time. I make mistakes.

How so??

Well, I don't know about you, but I know that my brain has been wrong before. neutral

But not out of a flaw in itself. Just because the brain might arrive at a "wrong" conclusion doesn't mean it's doing anything wrong. For the most part, unless you have a mental disorder, your brain is operating according to its design and function.

So when, on my math test, I somehow wrote that 2^3=6, my brain was functioning correctly? (True story...I can be really stupid sometimes...)

No. My brain is my processing center. If I mess up in math, then it's my brain's fault.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:58 am
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

How so??

So when, on my math test, I somehow wrote that 2^3=6, my brain was functioning correctly? (True story...I can be really stupid sometimes...)

No. My brain is my processing center. If I mess up in math, then it's my brain's fault.

Drifting so far from the original point, people.

The point Fushigi made was that the Creator of the universe would have a far better understanding of justice than a person such as yourself who was borne into such a universe.  

Priestley

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:23 pm
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

How so??

The point Fushigi made was that the Creator of the universe would have a far better understanding of justice than a person such as yourself who was borne into such a universe.

"Justice" is subjective. How on earth can you have a better understanding of justice than someone else?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:05 pm
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

"Justice" is subjective. How on earth can you have a better understanding of justice than someone else?

You can't - on earth. wink  

GuardianAngel44

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:06 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

How could you off of it?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:24 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar

How could you off of it?

So you think God can't or won't be objective when it comes to justice?  

Priestley

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:58 pm
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

How so??

It could have been a visual perception mistake or a motor ... you know what, never mind. Irrelevant. Your brain does what it does, arriving at the conclusions that it arrives at. Just because those conclusions are wrong does not mean the brain made a mistake in arriving there. It followed the same process and pattern it always does, doing exactly what it's supposed to do. But now it's not really helping my point any.

God has always existed and everything else that exists does because of Him. He created the concept of justice and has the best understanding of it because He created it. Unlike people who can screw up when they invent something or who can have their inventions improved upon this doesn't apply to God. He sets the standard for justice because there is no other. He is the highest entity above everything; nothing can be above Him or better than Him. His understanding of the universe- seeing as how He created it- is perfect and flawless. If anyone has a better understanding of it (or anything in it) they would have to be above God.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:02 pm
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar

How could you off of it?

Have you been off it? Could you truly and completely understand something unless you've seen or done it for yourself?  

GuardianAngel44

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 pm
Priestley
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar

How could you off of it?

So you think God can't or won't be objective when it comes to justice?

No. He's judge, jury, and defendant. Plus, "justice" is a subjective concept in itself. It's impossible.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:49 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

How so??

It could have been a visual perception mistake or a motor ... you know what, never mind. Irrelevant. Your brain does what it does, arriving at the conclusions that it arrives at. Just because those conclusions are wrong does not mean the brain made a mistake in arriving there. It followed the same process and pattern it always does, doing exactly what it's supposed to do. But now it's not really helping my point any.

God has always existed and everything else that exists does because of Him. He created the concept of justice and has the best understanding of it because He created it. Unlike people who can screw up when they invent something or who can have their inventions improved upon this doesn't apply to God. He sets the standard for justice because there is no other. He is the highest entity above everything; nothing can be above Him or better than Him. His understanding of the universe- seeing as how He created it- is perfect and flawless. If anyone has a better understanding of it (or anything in it) they would have to be above God.

Why?

The creator does not have to be better at using the creation than everyone else in order to be better at creating that creation than everyone else.

There is a big difference between creating something and using it.  

Lethkhar

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:50 pm
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
GuardianAngel44
Lethkhar
Priestley
Lethkhar

How could you off of it?

Have you been off it? Could you truly and completely understand something unless you've seen or done it for yourself?

I've felt the same sense of weightlessness in an elevator ride as I could in orbit. Really, it's the same effect. What's your point, anyway?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:51 pm
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Why?

The creator does not have to be better at using the creation than everyone else in order to be better at creating that creation than everyone else.

And God does both. He created justice and, setting the standard for what that means, uses it.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:00 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar
Fushigi na Butterfly
Lethkhar

Why?

And God does both. He created justice and, setting the standard for what that means, uses it.

Just not as well as others might be able to.  
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff