So you're a streetlight manifesto fan... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:20 pm
Status Quo Joe
I'm going for Fatter than ******** hometown heroes.
I love them so much.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:10 pm
i'm glad that you posted this topic. I suppose that people have the right to decide what is good and what isn't for themselves. No one should have to listen to say the Specials or the Skatalittes or any other major bands of ska that made it what it is today just because it's a major part of the movement. Streetlight Manifesto is a really good band and I know a lot of people that don't like ska but when I show them Streetlight Manifesto they really like it.

What I do see a lot is people wearing checkerboard shoes, checkered clothing, along with camo pants, and even pinstriped clothing, and even combate boots. However they haven't even heard of ska.

I went to a free local event where small bands can come and make a name for themselves. I happened to meet a unique girl. She was wearing a hoody that had checker pattern on the inside of her hood. She had on a pinstriped hat, camo pants, and of course converse checkered shoes. Along with some other punk rock accesseries. I asked her if she listened to ska assuming that she must considering her choice of clothes. but I asked anyways because there aren't too many people in this area that listen to ska. and much to my surprise she said the words that I always hate to hear. "What's ska?"

I would gladly meet someone that only thinks that they are a rude boy/girl than someone that dresses like one but doesn't even know what ska is. I've only met a few people that have even heard of ska before. I always get a weird reaction when people ask what kind of music that I listen to and I say ska. Because no one ever knows what it is.

So if you listen to only rap or rock and you dress like a rude boy/girl, STOP! It's really annoying.
Does anyone else notice this going on around where you are at? or is it just me?  

Onewing949

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:59 pm
Onewing949
i'm glad that you posted this topic. I suppose that people have the right to decide what is good and what isn't for themselves. No one should have to listen to say the Specials or the Skatalittes or any other major bands of ska that made it what it is today just because it's a major part of the movement. Streetlight Manifesto is a really good band and I know a lot of people that don't like ska but when I show them Streetlight Manifesto they really like it.

What I do see a lot is people wearing checkerboard shoes, checkered clothing, along with camo pants, and even pinstriped clothing, and even combate boots. However they haven't even heard of ska.

I went to a free local event where small bands can come and make a name for themselves. I happened to meet a unique girl. She was wearing a hoody that had checker pattern on the inside of her hood. She had on a pinstriped hat, camo pants, and of course converse checkered shoes. Along with some other punk rock accesseries. I asked her if she listened to ska assuming that she must considering her choice of clothes. but I asked anyways because there aren't too many people in this area that listen to ska. and much to my surprise she said the words that I always hate to hear. "What's ska?"

I would gladly meet someone that only thinks that they are a rude boy/girl than someone that dresses like one but doesn't even know what ska is. I've only met a few people that have even heard of ska before. I always get a weird reaction when people ask what kind of music that I listen to and I say ska. Because no one ever knows what it is.

So if you listen to only rap or rock and you dress like a rude boy/girl, STOP! It's really annoying.
Does anyone else notice this going on around where you are at? or is it just me?

You can dress however you would like to dress man. its just clothes. problem is with stupid people who don't get the ******** meaning behind ska, people who think they're infinitely better than everyone else because they listen to something no ones heard of, and people are just plain annoying as ********. they don't belong in the ska community, because I would prefer to keep our scene clean.

I feel like listening to God Save the Scene.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:51 am
Guns of Navarone
Onewing949

You can dress however you would like to dress man. its just clothes. problem is with stupid people who don't get the ******** meaning behind ska, people who think they're infinitely better than everyone else because they listen to something no ones heard of, and people are just plain annoying as ********. they don't belong in the ska community, because I would prefer to keep our scene clean.

According to Itunes I have 16,680 songs of 92 different Genres. Do you think that I know nearly anything about all 88 genres that I listen too, Hell no! It's impossible. I probably couldn't name 92 different genres. Scrolling through the different genres I haven't even heard of a lot of them, What is "Chill out"?
I'm not even going to claim that I know a lot about ska. My point being is that you can't blame someone for being ignorent. If your going to blame every person on this Earth for their stupidity your going to drive yourself crazy. Granted I joined this guild to learn more about ska so that I'm not one of those people that completly follow a trend blindly without knowing the meaning behind it. It is a difficult genre to learn about. Give some people some time to learn a little more. Correct them if need be. I suppose that you are right that there are people that think they are rudies only because they listen to some ska. There's not much that you can do about it unless you are willing to start a fight. Some people will always pretend to be something they aren't, and there isn't much that you can do about it sadly.  

Onewing949

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:10 am
Onewing949
Guns of Navarone
Onewing949

According to Itunes I have 16,680 songs of 92 different Genres. Do you think that I know nearly anything about all 88 genres that I listen too, Hell no! It's impossible. I probably couldn't name 88 different genres. Scrolling through the different genres I haven't even heard of a lot of them, What is "Chill out"?
I'm not even going to claim that I know a lot about ska. My point being is that you can't blame someone for being ignorent. If your going to blame every person on this Earth for their stupidity your going to drive yourself crazy. Granted I joined this guild to learn more about ska so that I'm not one of those people that completly follow a trend blindly without knowing the meaning behind it. It is a difficult genre to learn about. Give some people some time to learn a little more. Correct them if need be. I suppose that you are right that there are people that think they are rudies only because they listen to some ska. There's not much that you can do about it unless you are willing to start a fight. Some people will always pretend to be something they aren't, and there isn't much that you can do about it sadly.

its not people who wanna learn its people who think they know it all and have no idea.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:56 am
I hate Streetlight am I ska yet? lol  

MONKIE LAD

Slag10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:10 am
Guns of Navarone
Onewing949
Guns of Navarone
Onewing949

You can dress however you would like to dress man. its just clothes. problem is with stupid people who don't get the ******** meaning behind ska, people who think they're infinitely better than everyone else because they listen to something no ones heard of, and people are just plain annoying as f**k. they don't belong in the ska community, because I would prefer to keep our scene clean.

According to Itunes I have 16,680 songs of 92 different Genres. Do you think that I know nearly anything about all 88 genres that I listen too, Hell no! It's impossible. I probably couldn't name 88 different genres. Scrolling through the different genres I haven't even heard of a lot of them, What is "Chill out"?

its not people who wanna learn its people who think they know it all and have no idea.
QFT  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces