Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
'Cause that's the normal reaction... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If this is in the wrong forum
  feel free to move it, and sorry.
View Results

TamosClaro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:42 pm
I find I have the same problem :] Unfortunately though, it's not for the same reason as everyone else, which seems to be that no one likes the fem chars or they don't match well with the males. Before, I used to only read Het because that's all I had ever thought to read, but I didn't like all the gaphic descriptions of b**bies and vajayjay action that went on (Is that too graphic? I can change it. I warn you, that's how I talk in RL :}) My thoughts were "I've already got a set of those, I don't want anymore, eeugh!" And then I was introduced to slash and I've been happy ever since :]  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:39 am
Heh. I can't remember the last time I read any het fiction. It does annoy when I see it though, especially since I use the filters. Ugh, or when someone takes one of the characters and changes the gender so its slash without being slash. That really annoys.  

Ms.Tofu

flight815kitsune

Friendly Conventioneer

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:17 pm
I don't think I've been too put off. I mean, I don't seek it out, but I don't actively avoid it.

I have noticed that I am nearly unsquickable now.
I blame that on fanficion and shock image trolls.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:42 pm
Hahaha!!! I'm the same! xd

I can read anything, and I mean ANYTHING, but when I see het I get really pissed off. I lurk in the slash/yaoi fiction sections and sometimes there'll be a fic thats labeled incorrectly or something and I flip the F out! stressed

I do admit though, I'm ok with it when theres a het side-pairing and its with a minor character.

I'm just so used to gay romance that I'm weirded out when I read about het couples!  

PervyKirby

demolition demographic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:27 pm
External Penetration
Yaoi_cutie

You find it starts invading your life, too...Now whenever I see a movie or TV show, I automatically pair up whatever hot guys I can. And then cry if I can't find fics for them online.::

You are just like me. xD

Been there.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:04 pm
External Penetration
` Nonagon

Go read a het fic or two, or watch a het anime or something. Get yourself back into the real world, then go back to slashy-fics.

(Omg liek, btw: im teh new mod yo. PH33R MAH PWOERZ. Or, ya know... Not. <3)

I should read a het fic, but the only one I can think of was also slash and I can never find anymore.

(omgliekmi2lawlz)

On what website > o >;;
> w <  

deanna_lynn69

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:28 am
Eh. It just depends on the het, ya know?

Siris/Lily? I can dig it.

Neville/Luna? You've confused and bored me.

Remus/Tonks: KEEP IT AWAY! BURN IT WITH FIRE!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:06 pm
I can't do it anymore. I can't read a HP het fic. It has to be slash, and I'm such a hardcore shipper of H/D that it's ridiculous. I can tolerate het in those stories,especially if it's something unusual, like Ron/Milicent or Ron/Pansy or Hermoine/Blaise (But I much prefer Blaise to be participating with the H/D lovefest) but if it's a Harry/Whorette fic, I won't read it. I can't. I physically cannot make myself click the button to access it.

Now I'll be running around ff.net and be all, "Hmm, slashy goodness, slashy goodness, oh, ew, Christ, who wants to read het? Blech." The school librarian once scolded me for yelling at the computer when the author pulled a "Surprise, Draco, he's banging Ginny as revenge!" twist. Those words were not meant for middle school ears, according to her. My thoughts are that everyone needs to be enslaved to the slash.  

Flayre The Pyro Girl

ArtemisoftheCrows

Questionable Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:04 am
External Penetration

You find it starts invading your life, too...Now whenever I see a movie or TV show, I automatically pair up whatever hot guys I can. And then cry if I can't find fics for them online.::

lol i did that at X-men: First Class the other day. as soon as we got out of the theater i looked at my husband and said, "Will, I can feel it...all over the world fan girls are squeeling with glee and writing mass amounts of Prof. X/Erik fanfics."

honestly, seeing an het waring on a fanfic is a total turn off for me. (unless it's a minor character, but you won't get the het ratings unless it's a major grouping). the only exception that i've made in my past 8 years of slash parings in sheldon/penny (BigBangTheory)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:37 am
I do that too. XD If I read het, it has to have something outside the norm. Snape/Hermione's okay, Draco/Luna I adore, Harry/Ginny- if someone with a d**k isn't seducing Harry away, I kind of lose interest before I even begin reading. Oh, just remembered, I read a really good Pansy/Ron one, so I guess that works too.

But besides all that, I really do prefer my boys with boys in any situation. XD  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

Sincea_Sagetale

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:16 am
I can read het if and only if its the side pairing that really has no impact on the story...if the main pairing is yaoi/slash, I'm in heaven. It's seriously hard to read the cannon books now (which I'm reading to my sister) without giggling every time Harry interacts with another guy (my sister already accepted my insanity so now she just hits me to get me reading again)

On that note, it's hard to read manga too, that's het. I tend to annoy my big bro by pointing out all the cute slash pairings... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:22 am
Sincea_Sagetale
I can read het if and only if its the side pairing that really has no impact on the story...if the main pairing is yaoi/slash, I'm in heaven. It's seriously hard to read the cannon books now (which I'm reading to my sister) without giggling every time Harry interacts with another guy (my sister already accepted my insanity so now she just hits me to get me reading again)

On that note, it's hard to read manga too, that's het. I tend to annoy my big bro by pointing out all the cute slash pairings... sweatdrop

Right? Slashing is almost compulsive for me now. Drives my boyfriend crazy. XDD  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sincea_Sagetale

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:28 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
Sincea_Sagetale

funny thing is...I've converted most of my female friends to slash, and even my bro tries to come up with pairing just to see my reactions...most of the time they are so outrageous that I either hit him over the head with a book (like Voldemort/Dobby...wtf?!) or stop and actually have to think cause they just might work (like Viktor/Harry...at this point I'm of the opinion that Viktor only invited Hermione to the Yule Ball so he could sit near Harry and talk to him even for just a little bit)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:33 am
Sincea_Sagetale
[Ren The Ryoko]
Sincea_Sagetale

funny thing is...I've converted most of my female friends to slash, and even my bro tries to come up with pairing just to see my reactions...most of the time they are so outrageous that I either hit him over the head with a book (like Voldemort/Dobby...wtf?!) or stop and actually have to think cause they just might work (like Viktor/Harry...at this point I'm of the opinion that Viktor only invited Hermione to the Yule Ball so he could sit near Harry and talk to him even for just a little bit)

Well, my boyfriend is helping me write Next gen slash at the moment. He's hilarious about it too  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sincea_Sagetale

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:38 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
Sincea_Sagetale
[Ren The Ryoko]
Sincea_Sagetale

Well, my boyfriend is helping me write Next gen slash at the moment. He's hilarious about it too

Oooo I want a link if you post it when you're done! I wanna read!

And that's super awesome that he's so cool about it! 4laugh  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces