Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailor Spoon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:11 am
we all play our tuning notes out a semitone- it takes him ages to realise what we've done whee  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:37 pm
show up 20 minutes late for class and tell him it was because your reed broke so you had to glue it back together but there was no glue in the car so you stopped by a gas station but all they had there was gum so you used that and tape to fix it and now it's all better ^__^ (especially effective if it's "marching without music rehearsal" =P)  

netsumi

qualmbeforethestorm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:22 pm
OK, it's not a good idea... AT ALL... but once I dropped my concert tuba off the stage. I was sitting on a riser on the end of the stage, and it kind of tumbled in slow motion to the floor because the kid next to me moved his stand and it caused a chain reaction... The bell just collapsed. I cried so hard. The horror... The carnage...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:35 pm
During marching-
*Trade guard equipment and attempt to do each other's routines
*Trade equipment with the drum major and have him conduct with a flag (My best friend and I actually did this once. And only once because he threatened to take away my captain position for being immature)
*Everytime he turns his back, start fighting with the equipment
*Tell everyone else in guard that the routine changed
*Trade equipment that has school colors/name on them with someone from another school right before a review
*Throw stuff at the quads and yell "Score!" when you do hit one

During concert-
*Throw paper at people across the room and start a paper fight
*When doing scales, play the most window breaking octave you can
*Slow down or speed up at odd moments and blame percussion for changing speeds
*Open all the doors of instrument lockers
*Switch people's instruments into different lockers
*Leave the covering off the timpanis
*Sing instead of playing
*Twirl a clarinet and throw it (I broke my mouthpiece doing this)
*Talk loudly across the room during rests
*Ask for his help on homework during long rests  

PoisonedLily

ForeverPriestess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:51 pm
this is perhaps the easiest thing in the world for me to do. What is it it that annoys my band teacher so much that he will say obsence language at the slightest mention of it? His hair(or lack thereof) He's only 32 and is mostly bald....but we LOVE HIM ANYWAY!!

Click on the link below to see a wonderful picture of my BD and his beautiful hair.
My Band Director  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:54 pm
Krazy Lew
*laugh out loud.. really loud.. during one of their serious lectures/ talks

*during a rehearsal run-though, wander aimlessly around the field or better yet, during a performance.. o0o0o..

*running in our uniform.... mine gets mad at least..

*have really bad posture

*play to the floor

*overblow or play not in tune all the time...

*just stand/sit there while you're supposed to be playing

*do homework during class/rehersal

*never dress the line... or UNdress the line.. haha

*march in zig-zags...

*play/use your gameboy or cellphone during class/rehersal

*once my friend went into a practice room and took a nap.. and my bd found him.. haha.. yea.. it was funnie..

*play your music with a little swing to it when your not supposed to(jazz-like)

yea.. no idea really... juss thinking...

that sounds like me.  

The Brand New

Regular

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bookworm 100

Spazy One

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:00 pm
my band teacher is nice....  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:23 pm
Attempt to play music upside-down or backwards.

Tune to the wrong note

play an octave higher or lower than wat you're supposed to play (especially effective if you switch continuously)

During a Metzo Piano part, play as loudly and obnoxiously as possible. If you are a clairanet or oboe, squeek. LOUDLY.

play only during rests

stare hypnoticly at the baton as the bd is conducting, following it with your eyes and not playing.

During rests or instruction, sight loudly and heavily, look anoyed, constantly look at your watch and roll your eyes. When asked if something is wrong, sarchasticly say, "no, no I'm FINE."

attempt to play your instrument backwards. Especially effective (though difficult) for tubas.

Pretend to drink from your spit valve. This also disgusts all surounding people.

Constantly corect the bd incorectly, then argue your case.

Act amazed at your instrument and study it intensely. Act as if you've never seen nor played such a thing before. Play a random note grossly out of tune, then jump and stare wide-eyed at the instrument.

Wow, this is fun, I should actually try thease...  

[Violet Eyes]

[Violet Eyes]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:17 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:19 pm
Jumar
i tend to wierd out my instructor by acting all happy and enthusiastic early monday morning during practice.

the wierd part is, i AM happy and enthusiastic early monday mornings for practice.

but i would say things like "Hi! how was your weekend?" and then he would respond and i would just act all happy and interested in what he has to say.

hehehehe that is a really good way to creep out your teacher  

science_nerd

Sane_Raine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:11 pm
Write on the chalk board every day that your section is is best.

lay all your reeds out on the floor and discuss loudly witch one you should use, then when some one tells you that it really dousn't matter get huffed and say you were talking to your horn.

scald your horn when you frack/squeek.

when you finish playing a song insist that he conducted a note as a sharp that was really a flat.

insist that they not move around while you play because it messes up your creative arroura.

tell him that you play better when only the tuba's play. (ever cooler if you're a tuba player)

tell him that when you were two that you could play really good on the pots and pans so now you'd like to switch to percussion.

have EVERY PERSON in the band trade insterments with some one else (Oo, my director got SO mad)

have the tuba's sit in the frount row.

put patches on your eyes and say you had laser eye surgery, but you still REALLY want to sight read.

put all your music on the snare then play on the stand.

play the zylo and the marumba with pencil erasers on the really important part

when you break a reed start 'crying ' then insist that the director plan a funeral for the thing.

put your mouth peice cover on your nose and say your not lying.

tell him that you can't march because you lost your leg to that shark that's in the pool  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:25 pm
When he's sleeping on this couch... put shaving cream in his hair ^_^

Somebody I know did this at the band camp that I goto at a college (where my band director is also the director there for the band camp). It was awesome. But sadly I think he found that more funny than annoying. stressed  

Heitai

Syllie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:44 pm
Oh so many different ways. crying

Lessee...Mine doesn't like it when people smile during practice...or are late (late is showing up at the official time) or being late late (showing up after the official time)

Also...People massaging eachother during class. 0o And when people don't put their fingers on the valves right...And when we forget stuff like music or pencils.

He also gets mad when he thinks we're not following him, so what he does is conduct ridiculously and then mark us down if we don't follow.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:27 pm
I call my Band Teacher Felix. It annoys him because his last name is Unger. (Felix Unger. Look it up.)  

Rankedking152

Rankedking152

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:29 pm
Then again, there is also my brother (not in band) yelling at him saying "Mr Unger! We love you!" right in the middle of the court yard just after school. >> He did that last month. XD  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff