Reply Life Issues & Fashion
The School Codes Are Rediculous. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:11 am
Hmm, the school rules are not too too bad.... however, one thing I do have an issue with: idiot little 12 year old mallgoths (or heaven forsake they be older), who make a big deal out of everything. Or, fools who when you say, "Yes, I'll tone it when I go to work." call you a poser and what not.... -_-;; excuse me for being rational and actually wanting to earn a living, gotta pay for any lifestyle somehow. Or people feeling the need to come up to you or talk to you on how you will have to completely give up your style as an adult. When, in reality, you really do not... it depends on where you live and what kind of job you have. And so what? That just means you have to tone it down at work, leave the studded jewerly, super frills, platforms, and unnatural colored lipstick at home. Outside of work, you could do whatever you pleased....
-face/palm-
It is odd how so many people do not even think about this...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:17 pm
My schools dress code is completely non existent. If people were shirts saying something clearly sexual, suicidal, etc. no one cares except for some of the more uptight teachers... it's because they don't want to piss off the "scholar" athletes, and are tired of dealing with s**t when the non-athletic kids wear stuff, too. Normally, I'd be happy that there was no real, actually enforced dress code, but it's all because of the sports kids who get away with cheating on everything so my only reaction can be a rather pissed off one.  

Sulphuric

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:53 am
I got kicked out of marching band one year because I had bright pink hair xP I was suspended for accidentally having my shirt untucked. I was asked if I was Satan because I wore all black and god forbid I not like overly bright colors, but then again it was Christian school. We were forced to wear skirts and they would check under your skirt to see if you were were wearing shorts.
And of course me being a nudist, I decided in protest to wear absolutely nothing under the skirt , and that caused me to have to go the principles office and receive very nice ruler slaps on my hands. I have scares.
*Too bad. I was hoping for something more kinky wink *
Needless to say i didn't last long in that school.
EDIT: They missed me too when I was gone, I brought up there test scores A lOT.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:15 am
Angel of the End
Hmm, the school rules are not too too bad.... however, one thing I do have an issue with: idiot little 12 year old mallgoths (or heaven forsake they be older), who make a big deal out of everything. Or, fools who when you say, "Yes, I'll tone it when I go to work." call you a poser and what not.... -_-;; excuse me for being rational and actually wanting to earn a living, gotta pay for any lifestyle somehow. Or people feeling the need to come up to you or talk to you on how you will have to completely give up your style as an adult. When, in reality, you really do not... it depends on where you live and what kind of job you have. And so what? That just means you have to tone it down at work, leave the studded jewerly, super frills, platforms, and unnatural colored lipstick at home. Outside of work, you could do whatever you pleased....
-face/palm-
It is odd how so many people do not even think about this...

See that's pretty much what I tell people, but they don't listen, most of these are all or nothing types.  

Rellik San
Crew

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:16 pm
Some school codes are just stupid. They are put on the books by overly conservative asshats, who have nothing better to do then suck the fun out of life. I'm glad my school is pretty liberal, but I hear all these horror stories. Most of the time you just need to stand up for what you want. The few things that pissed off people at my school, the students went around with petitions and changed what they didn't like.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:16 am
School isn't the place for proving your individuality, though.
It's a place for education.
Just sayin'.

MortSanglant

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:33 am
MortSanglant
Just sayin'.

sorry darlin', reading that suddenly gave me flashbacks of Pink Floyd's the Wall....lines of children being ground to pulp in the "machine" of education.

though i somewhat agree with you, I think that high school is the starting point of self identity. I remember being harrassed and beaten almost weekly for 4 years just for being the happy fat kid. I kept my sanity (barely...tee hee), survived and in the process gained the gift of patience. The events of high school do have the potential to shape a persons individuality. Like i've said before....school is a microcosmic mirror of real life, the negatives that exist in the real world are reflected on the student body and social circles.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:34 am
Keevan Draco
MortSanglant
Just sayin'.

sorry darlin', reading that suddenly gave me flashbacks of Pink Floyd's the Wall....lines of children being ground to pulp in the "machine" of education.

though i somewhat agree with you, I think that high school is the starting point of self identity. I remember being harrassed and beaten almost weekly for 4 years just for being the happy fat kid. I kept my sanity (barely...tee hee), survived and in the process gained the gift of patience. The events of high school do have the potential to shape a persons individuality. Like i've said before....school is a microcosmic mirror of real life, the negatives that exist in the real world are reflected on the student body and social circles.

Well, sure, high school is a critical time in our lives regarding who we are and who we become; but, let's face it, schools are not put in place to foster our individuality.

Instead of bitching about what we can and cannot do with regards to the "school code", a true individual would find ways to shirk those rules, or ride those rules. A true individual would rise to the challenge of expressing him/herself in spite of the rules - not to say he/she would break those rules, but he/she would explore new ways of expressing him/herself. A true individual would grow; not allow him/herself to be hindered by rules.

MortSanglant

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:13 pm
Whisper Gently
I got kicked out of marching band one year because I had bright pink hair xP I was suspended for accidentally having my shirt untucked. I was asked if I was Satan because I wore all black and god forbid I not like overly bright colors, but then again it was Christian school. We were forced to wear skirts and they would check under your skirt to see if you were were wearing shorts.
And of course me being a nudist, I decided in protest to wear absolutely nothing under the skirt , and that caused me to have to go the principles office and receive very nice ruler slaps on my hands. I have scares.
*Too bad. I was hoping for something more kinky wink *
Needless to say i didn't last long in that school.
EDIT: They missed me too when I was gone, I brought up there test scores A lOT.

Where were you living? If teachers started checking up the skirts at any school I went to, they would have been fired. Arrested too.

MortSanglant
Just sayin'.

Is there anyone who actually believes schools are a place for education? To call schools a place for training is generous, to call them a place for education is naive.

MortSanglant
Well, sure, high school is a critical time in our lives regarding who we are and who we become; but, let's face it, schools are not put in place to foster our individuality.

Instead of bitching about what we can and cannot do with regards to the "school code", a true individual would find ways to shirk those rules, or ride those rules. A true individual would rise to the challenge of expressing him/herself in spite of the rules - not to say he/she would break those rules, but he/she would explore new ways of expressing him/herself. A true individual would grow; not allow him/herself to be hindered by rules.

Why not do both?

P.S. A true individual would see all appearances have no meaning. A true individual would reject expressionistic individuality.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:42 pm
zz1000zz
P.S. A true individual would see all appearances have no meaning. A true individual would reject expressionistic individuality.

Isn't that a paradoxical view? A true individual may do all those things, but then if someone else does the same, doesn't that in fact start a group of people with the same philosophy on the issue and they themselves become part of a cliché?  

Rellik San
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:53 pm
Rellik San
zz1000zz

Isn't that a paradoxical view? A true individual may do all those things, but then if someone else does the same, doesn't that in fact start a group of people with the same philosophy on the issue and they themselves become part of a cliché?

Individualism does not require one be apart from all others. Individualism addresses actions, not results. The actions and outcomes of others are irrelevant.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:37 pm
The last I checked I learned a lot in school. Perhaps I was blessed with a good school system.
Regardless, education is the intent.

Anyway, I can see that OP didn't get much, or isn't getting much, out of his/her education seeing as it's "ridiculous".

MortSanglant

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 pm
Learning isn't the same as becoming educated. Any well-trained individual would be expected to learn a great deal.

Oddly enough, I happened to be reading this this morning.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:32 am
Quote:
ed·u·cate (j-kt)
v. ed·u·cat·ed, ed·u·cat·ing, ed·u·cates
v.tr.
1. To develop the innate capacities of, especially by schooling or instruction. See Synonyms at teach.
2. To provide with knowledge or training in a particular area or for a particular purpose: decided to educate herself in foreign languages; entered a seminary to be educated for the priesthood.
a. To provide with information; inform: a campaign that educated the public about the dangers of smoking.
b. To bring to an understanding or acceptance: hoped to educate the voters to the need for increased spending on public schools.
4. To stimulate or develop the mental or moral growth of.
5. To develop or refine (one's taste or appreciation, for example).
v.intr.
To teach or instruct a person or group.

That sounds like what happens in school to me.  

Rellik San
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:42 am
Rellik San
Quote:
ed·u·cate (j-kt)
v. ed·u·cat·ed, ed·u·cat·ing, ed·u·cates
v.tr.
1. To develop the innate capacities of, especially by schooling or instruction. See Synonyms at teach.
2. To provide with knowledge or training in a particular area or for a particular purpose: decided to educate herself in foreign languages; entered a seminary to be educated for the priesthood.
a. To provide with information; inform: a campaign that educated the public about the dangers of smoking.
b. To bring to an understanding or acceptance: hoped to educate the voters to the need for increased spending on public schools.
4. To stimulate or develop the mental or moral growth of.
5. To develop or refine (one's taste or appreciation, for example).
v.intr.
To teach or instruct a person or group.

That sounds like what happens in school to me.

3nodding
I could go into the etymology of the word "educate" in order to further confirm the meaning, but I don't want to sound too much like a p***k.
But then again such a gesture would demonstrate a bit of my education.
/gasp

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces