Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PFRC Mentoring Program
Nuri's Q&A topic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patch99329

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:15 pm
You can be very discreet depending on what you do.
I personally wouldn't bat an eyelid if I saw someone pour a small amount of a drink onto the floor.

You could say a silent prayer and accompany it with a small libation.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:51 pm
patch99329
You can be very discreet depending on what you do.
I personally wouldn't bat an eyelid if I saw someone pour a small amount of a drink onto the floor.

You could say a silent prayer and accompany it with a small libation.
That sounds good too. Thanks guys <3  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

Calixti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:22 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
The Indubitable Katie-Kat
Holy cow that's a lot of books. o.o

I think it's time to update my Amazon wishlist.

EDIT: Printed out the list and took it to Borders.

They didn't have a single one. Argh.
Yeah, Borders sucks like that. We have a Walden Books here, which is part of Borders, they never have the book I'm lookin' for. Thankfully, There is not only a Books a Million, but also a Barns and Noble in a city close to me. I know I can order the books I want from there if need be (and if I ever get the cash -_-)
I *think* there's a Barnes and Noble somewhere in Omaha, but the Borders at the new shopping centre is much closer, so no one's willing to take me to B&N. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:40 am
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Holy cow that's a lot of books. o.o

I think it's time to update my Amazon wishlist.

EDIT: Printed out the list and took it to Borders.

They didn't have a single one. Argh.
Yeah, Borders sucks like that. We have a Walden Books here, which is part of Borders, they never have the book I'm lookin' for. Thankfully, There is not only a Books a Million, but also a Barns and Noble in a city close to me. I know I can order the books I want from there if need be (and if I ever get the cash -_-)
I *think* there's a Barnes and Noble somewhere in Omaha, but the Borders at the new shopping centre is much closer, so no one's willing to take me to B&N. sad
I get another job, or approved for SSI, I'm just gonna order mine online. I'm rather tired of searching the bookstores. xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:16 am
New question: Does anyone know of any special rites for moving into new houses? I'm curious sence we're about to move.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:17 pm
Dragon_Witch_Woman
New question: Does anyone know of any special rites for moving into new houses? I'm curious sence we're about to move.

I swear, I remember someone asking this on the various yahoo groups.

When I moved into my apartment, I did a ritual to Hestia, inviting her to help me create it a home.  

maenad nuri
Captain

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:57 pm
Curious question (sence this thread has been dead for months, lets give it a jolt, shall we?)

Does anyone have (besides an altar) any particular space dedicated to one more more of the Theo? This such as a garden or groove? I'm thinking about setting up a garden, but I'm afraid the neighborhood kids would trash it sence we don't have a fence around our yard.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:31 am
I have a small bed of poppies I keep up for the Two Goddesses. Sometimes. Poppies are very fussy and don't do well where I live, but I try.

Um, is an intro needed on my first time commenting here? I've been calling myself a Hellenic polytheist for something like three years. Practicing has been a bit more haphazard though sweatdrop  

Oniko-inuki

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:50 am
Dragon_Witch_Woman
Curious question (sence this thread has been dead for months, lets give it a jolt, shall we?)

Does anyone have (besides an altar) any particular space dedicated to one more more of the Theo? This such as a garden or groove? I'm thinking about setting up a garden, but I'm afraid the neighborhood kids would trash it sence we don't have a fence around our yard.

I more have shrines than places. Do parts of walls count? I live in an apartment with no porch or garden, so not a whole lot of space to do much else.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:03 am
maenad nuri
Dragon_Witch_Woman

I more have shrines than places. Do parts of walls count? I live in an apartment with no porch or garden, so not a whole lot of space to do much else.

ooooh I know how that is.I was thrilled when we finally moved into a house.

What I really wanna do, is plant some giant sunflowers. I have a pack of giant sunflower seeds I'd love to plant, but I gotta figure out a place where they won't bother my brother to much, because aparently, he's allergic. Probably the sideyard, where he doesn't really go very often. I really need a space I can go away from the other seven people who live here where I can worship and what not w/o fifty questions from my neice or bizarre looks from my mother and older sister O.<  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

a_witches_past

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:07 pm
Here's the problem:
My parents are Christian but I don't agree. I believe in the Goddess, but they can't tell me how to praise her and I don't know how to. How can I praise her, I'm lost.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:27 am
a_witches_past
Here's the problem:
My parents are Christian but I don't agree. I believe in the Goddess, but they can't tell me how to praise her and I don't know how to. How can I praise her, I'm lost.

My first question is....well....
Which goddess?  

maenad nuri
Captain

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:04 pm
maenad nuri
a_witches_past
Here's the problem:

My first question is....well....
Which goddess?

damn...you beat me to it XDD  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:48 pm
I figure this is probably the proper place to ask this:
What are your (anyone) top three books concerning Hellenic Reconstruction, especially in regards to "newbies"?

I ask because, for my senior project at school I'm doing an extensive research project/series of presentations on several pagan religions, and one of them is Hellenic Recon. (There's the, I really want to learn everything there is to know, aspect as well, heh.) And the best place to go for information would (usually) be those who practice themselves, right?

Thanks for your help. =]  

Nines19

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:08 am
Nines19
I figure this is probably the proper place to ask this:
What are your (anyone) top three books concerning Hellenic Reconstruction, especially in regards to "newbies"?

I ask because, for my senior project at school I'm doing an extensive research project/series of presentations on several pagan religions, and one of them is Hellenic Recon. (There's the, I really want to learn everything there is to know, aspect as well, heh.) And the best place to go for information would (usually) be those who practice themselves, right?

Thanks for your help. =]

My top three?
For a solid scholarly intro: Burkert's Greek Religion
For a intro and how to into Hellenic Polytheism: Sarah Winter's Kharis: Hellenic Polytheism Explored
For a focus off of Athens: Nilsson's Greek Folk Religion

edit: and forgive me for taking time to respond. I've been camping.

This does not count various primary sources of mythology, etc.  
PFRC Mentoring Program

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff