Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form
Bad luck Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:45 pm
Methos passed Phoenix the cooler, then snatched up his book. "Thanks," he said, shrugging into his coat and sheathing his sword. He seemed to be stronger now, moving more surely as the Quickening settled. Lengthening his stride, he lead the way out.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:12 pm
She was a little awkward holding it, simply because she was well small, tall but small, but didn't seem to mind or have a problem with it as she followed him. "Aw, no snappy comeback comments, you are tired then."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:19 am
Methos glanced at her sideways. "Enjoy the moment," he said. "I crack wise more often than not."

As they reached his jeep, he took the cooler from Phoenix and stowed it in the back. "We're more alike than you might think," he told her. "If I could have avoided fighting that pinhead I would have. My motto is: Live, grow stronger, fight another day. But it's that 'another day' you need to be ready for. You train so when you have to fight, you'll have a better chance of winning."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:10 pm
"Yeah annoying them to death never seems to work sadly." It wasn't certain if she was joking or not with that statement but she cracked a smile, "Go home, try to relax a bit, give me a call whenever, not like I haver have plans."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:12 am
"Watch your head, Phoenix," Methos smiled at her as he climbed into his jeep. "I'll call when I've got something set up."

He pulled away from the curb and never looked back, though he did turn his cell phone back on to check his messages. Several half-worried, half-pissed off messages from MacLeod had him laughing as he drove home.

OOC: Go ahead and decide where Phoenix is doing what when Methos calls. A few days will have passed. Also, I've got nothing really planned -- I'm a player, not a GM. If you feel like having something specific happen, feel free. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:24 pm
When he did call there was a hurried answer, “Hold on 40 seconds.” The words almost were put together even. Followed by a clatter, much like the phone was dropped on a table or something, though her voice was still heard, talking to someone else of course.

“You have 20 seconds to sell before it drops sir, three millions a lot to lose.” Even still her tones was hurried, though calm, almost detached even. A small pause, “I don’t care what your whore of a so called physic said it’s going to fail, 15 seconds.” Another pause sounded like undistinguishable shouts from a male before Phoenix snorted, “10 seconds, if you’re selling sell, their going to lock it, 5 seconds.” More yells, none of them from her, maybe a small giggle though, “Done, it crashed, you lost three mill, congrats, you need to pay me in three days or a lawyer will be on your doorstep in a week exactly, oh, and have a good day sir.”

It was only then she bothered to mess with her cellphone, “What?” Not the kindest of greetings but she could have said worse, oddly she was in a good mood, she loved her job. Okay so playing in the stock-market wasn’t the safest things money wise but hell if it didn’t pay good, and technically she was only an adviser for those that held stocks. A high dollar adviser at that, but she was rarely wrong on what would work out and what wouldn’t. “If it’s dealing with stocks get over it and go through my manager.”  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:42 pm
Methos' pleasant chuckle came over the phone. "At least you left him his head." He paused. "I've got a place on the edge of town, if you've got some time today."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:47 pm
That pulled a strained sigh from her, he had to call on the day she was playing catch up with paper work, "When?" She wasn't exactly wanting to do paperwork, though it was bound to be easier, but oh well.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:10 pm
"Now is good," Methos said, ignoring the strained note in Phoenix's voice. He gave her directions, then signed off.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:22 pm
She was cursing as she shut the phone, tempted to throw it against a wall, with another sigh she shut down the laptop she did her work on and glanced around the room. Well everything was in order she guessed, messy but in order, at lest well enough for her tastes. Grabing her things she set off out the door wondering if she had time to pick up a soda or two, he hadn't given a time really, so she couldn't be late, right?

With that she didn't show up till a good thirty minues later, though in a much better mood, with candy and caffine, not to mention a bag od chips, she hadn't eaten yet, which was normal. So she had her snacks, worked for her.  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:45 pm
The directions brought Phoenix to a small abandoned church, complete with a fair but not overly large cemetary. Someone had been doing upkeep on the place: the grass was well manicured, the building's paint wasn't cracked or peeling. It was set back from the main road, accessible only by a bumpy gravel private lane, and surrounded by fir trees.

A beautiful, peaceful setting that was marred by the clanging of swords and the sight of two men -- one of them Adam -- locked in what appeared to be mortal combat. Adam's opponant was, as Butterfield had been, bigger and more muscular than the bookish Immortal, but there all resemblance to Foster Butterfield ended. For one thing, he had a flashing white smile and a full head of dark hair.

"You're going down," he laughed as Adam misstepped, barely getting his guard up in time.

"Funny boy," Adam panted.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:05 pm
She was starting to wonder why she left her hotel room at all, she could have happily stayed put, made some sandwiches and sat back to do oh so fun paperwork. Okay so that was a shity idea but still, wouldn't have been nice, instead she had honestly dragged her a** here. She was back to cursing under her breath, a habit of hers really, it kept her from snapping at people, and about slammed her truck door closed. No point in a silent entrence at any rate, "Men, I swear, overly violent little twits."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:19 pm
The slamming of the truck door startled Methos, and a sweep of the other Immortal's foot dropped him onto his back with an explosive "Hooooooffff!" Swiftly the tip of the katana touched Methos' exposed throat, and his hazel eyes widened. The handsome, muscular young man grinned even wider.

"Gotcha," he gloated.

"Lucky punk," Methos muttered, then cursed as the other stepped on the blade of his Ivanhoe, preventing him from using one of his tried and true last ditch cheats. He lay flat on his back, his eyes falling on an upside-down view of Phoenix and her angry face. He gave her a weak smile. "Hullo."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:22 pm
She was torn between being highly amused or more ticked, hard choice, but settled for shaking her head, "Uh-hu, hi to you too, I hope a bug crawls down your pants."  

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:40 am
"That's not very nice," Methos complained, while the other Immortal looked like he would be interested in seeing Methos get ants in his pants, too. Methos glared at him. "You gonna behead me or let me up?" he snapped.

The darkhaired man pulled his katana away from Methos' neck and stepped over him, holding his hand out to Phoenix. "I'm Duncan MacLeod," he said, his voice burring with a slight accent. "I hope you don't mind. When Adam asked me for some teaching gear, I just had to see for myself."  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff