Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cherie327

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:15 am
lurichan

Religion can both be good and bad. I know my Women's Literature teacher a few years back (who is of chinese origins) was rather distraught when her mother died because she didn't have a firm foundation for what to believe would happen to the soul of a departed loved one.... I personally don't like organized religions because they are like a straight jacket in some respects, but it is still a good idea to know a bit about religions and figure out what you believe and don't believe from there.

I know I don't have a religion, not really anyways, but I have my opinions to where the 'soul goes after death' so I don't worry about it. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:46 pm
lurichan
~[Arima]~
Cherie327
Ah, that was really long gonk

Lol, don't worry, mine was long too. Thanks for reading it by the way. I read yours too! lol
@lurichan- Thanks to you too for reading my loverly long rant. lol

Not a problem, I rather enjoy reading long posts. ^_^ It makes life more interesting at times.

Ah, that's a good way to look at it. lol  

~[Arima]~

Dapper Lover

7,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200

Happy Children

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:03 pm
My mom started screaming at me today. She was going on about "Where did we go wrong as parents" Pisses me off.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:59 am
I_killed_bob
My mom started screaming at me today. She was going on about "Where did we go wrong as parents" Pisses me off.
Again? Tell her to get a psychiatrist.  

Dearest Darling`

Cherie327

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:59 am
~[Arima]~
lurichan
~[Arima]~
Cherie327
Ah, that was really long gonk

Lol, don't worry, mine was long too. Thanks for reading it by the way. I read yours too! lol
@lurichan- Thanks to you too for reading my loverly long rant. lol

Not a problem, I rather enjoy reading long posts. ^_^ It makes life more interesting at times.

Ah, that's a good way to look at it. lol

Heh, yea that's true mrgreen I wonder how my brain can take in so much information surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:03 am
Cherie327

Heh, yea that's true mrgreen I wonder how my brain can take in so much information surprised

One step at a time. ^_^ One step at a time.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Drama Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:55 am
deadly_demon
I_killed_bob

Why are all moms like that?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:06 am
Drama Freak
deadly_demon
I_killed_bob

Why are all moms like that?
THey aren't all like that but the ones that are piss me off.  

Dearest Darling`

_natasha 726_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:36 pm
The only reason why I'm not considered goth is because my parent don't approve of it. They are judgemental people and I guess they just don't see past the skin of other people...well at least me. I used to dress in lot, until mom had to lecture me. I still have a 'goth attitude' if you want to call it that, and I still like bands like Evanescence and Lacuna Coil, but I don't think anyone could change that, besides me. So all in all I'm not goth because my parents don't allow it. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:42 pm
Kuro_black
The only reason why I'm not considered goth is because my parent don't approve of it. They are judgemental people and I guess they just don't see past the skin of other people...well at least me. I used to dress in lot, until mom had to lecture me. I still have a 'goth attitude' if you want to call it that, and I still like bands like Evanescence and Lacuna Coil, but I don't think anyone could change that, besides me. So all in all I'm not goth because my parents don't allow it. stare
Hi Ash biggrin  

Dearest Darling`

_natasha 726_

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:51 pm
deadly_demon
Kuro_black
The only reason why I'm not considered goth is because my parent don't approve of it. They are judgemental people and I guess they just don't see past the skin of other people...well at least me. I used to dress in black and that kind of stuff a lot, until mom had to lecture me. I still have a 'goth attitude' if you want to call it that, and I still like bands like Evanescence and Lacuna Coil, but I don't think anyone could change that, besides me. So all in all I'm not goth because my parents don't allow it. stare
Hi Ash biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:56 pm
My mom always saysthings like,"I didn't raise you like this." and "What's wrong with you." It's like, "Nothin mom. I'm perfectly fine. What's wrong with you?!"  

_natasha 726_

Drama Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:59 pm
Kuro_black

That really sucks. Some of my friends are going through that. My parents get kinda annoyed but they don't make a rule against it or anything. Oh well, I guess you COULD do it once your outta their house.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:08 pm
lurichan
Cherie327

One step at a time. ^_^ One step at a time.

Lol  

~[Arima]~

Dapper Lover

7,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200

ThermaDraconis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:06 pm
Suddenly I feel like an outsider. My parents have never had a problem with how I dress or act, which is a bit surprising. My mom is a devout Christian, and yet she doesn't mind that I wear all black sometimes and actually likes my poetry and drawings of dragons and the like. She tells me she's proud of the way I turned out because I still have a solid set of morals and I treat people with respect. My dad has always believed I'm mature enough to make my own decisions, and he respects them, whether he agrees with them or not. Of course, they probably don't realize just how gothic I am; no one who knows me does.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff