Reply Extended Discussion
Armed and Dangerous: Weapons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your Night Surgeon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:02 am
My collection: A nice flail, a staff, a pair of axes, a trio of throwin axes, a set of throwing knives, a multitude of daggers, many sorts of swords, a club, a mace, a warhammer, a length of chain, a machete, and many other random bits and pieces.

As for knives: A manilla folder ( butterfly knife with a 1&3/4 edge), and a series of random other knives.

What I really want: A swept-hilt rapier, a flamberge rapier, and a voulge of some kind.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:39 am
i have a series of swords a batlle axe but im gettin another and a huge great hammer........... and my all-time favorite my trident xd  

ello3885

ello3885

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:49 am
this may sound stupid or that im just trying to impress people but im dead serious when i say i forge my own weapons............... its hobby of mine pretty wierd hobby i know but yeh its cool  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:05 pm
ello3885
this may sound stupid or that im just trying to impress people but im dead serious when i say i forge my own weapons............... its hobby of mine pretty wierd hobby i know but yeh its cool

I'm learning to smith my own. I made a pretty nifty knife out of rebar. Crappy steel! Yay!  

Your Night Surgeon

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:21 am
lurichan
This is fun little thread to talk about what weapons you have or would like to have one day. ^_^

I Have a short sword, a long dagger, and a normal dagger so far. My BF has more....but I'll let him post about that. 3nodding

So what weapons do you usually have on you, and do you know how to use them effectively?

Currently, I don't have any weapons or armory. Sometime in the future I want to have a collection of weaponry and use them effectively via defensive mechanisms (perse). Some weapons I want to have are:
    Kytanas
    Daggers
    Sorcerer Daggers
    Zatoichi
    Saber Daggers
Of course that is a short list but the list will grow as I continue to admire the weaponry I've found on various sites. ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:56 am
I want a sword like the Tokijin(Sesshoumaru)  

Misty Moonsilver

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ascher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:53 pm
I have a replica katana that was made in Spain

it's soooo easy to tell it's a replica due to the blood gutter that runs along the sword's blade...

But it's still a good weapon to slay zombies with cool  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:35 pm
I got a new sword today. I'll have to post pictures of it later because it's difficult to describe really.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Your Night Surgeon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:21 pm
Ascher
I have a replica katana that was made in Spain

it's soooo easy to tell it's a replica due to the blood gutter that runs along the sword's blade...

But it's still a good weapon to slay zombies with cool

Okay, man. You hit my pet peeve. And I mean no disrespect, but alot of people are uneducated about the archaic weapons. So I'm not calling you stupid, I'm just trying to inform you.

It's not a bloodgutter. It's a fuller. It was a method of making your weapons lighter without losing too much structural integrity to them. Also, adding a fuller to a blade enables you to not create a vacuum when you thrust your blade into your foe. Basically, it made the withdrawal of your weapon quicker, allowing you to get back to the fight quicker. Without one, you'd either have to be very strong ( fighting tires you quickly) or have the chance to shove the dead or wounded foe from your blade with your boot.

The "Bloodgutter" or "Blood Groove" is a term used to market the weapons more easily. It wasn't a typically morbid addition to a weapon. It was practical, like most weapons of the time were.

Once again, I mean no disrespect. I seek merely to inform.

Have a great day!
-The Toy  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:57 pm
The newest addition to my collection is a brass funitured,Irish hollow circle pommelled broadsword with enlongated carved duskwood handle. It's not a hand and a half or a war sword, as some might think, as the blade is nigh a foot too short yet the grip is 4 inches longer than standard. While unfullerred I find it to be worth it's position in my collection and has already proven itself in duel. I'll have a picture in my journal as soon as I can convince lurichan to add her new additions to her own.  

ceilisidhe

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:33 pm
My newest addition is an eloquent tai chi shortsword which shall also find it's way into my journal as soon as I can decipher the full workings of the digital camera.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:24 pm
there are several weapons i would like to get. one is a properly made samurai sword set. i'll find out how much it would be to get it made, and slowly saveup the cash for it. another is a mideival one handed broadsword with a longish handle...long enough to use two handed. this is what i beleive was my favored weapon in a past life as a mercenary. yet another is a simple ninja style beltknife set.  

DR490N

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:44 pm
I'd like to get a well-made hand-and-a-half sword, but I probably couldn't lift it. I'm a wimp. Maybe I'd just mount it on a wall and pretend.

Windlass steelcrafts used to make great swords. They claim they still do, but ever since they outsourced, their stuff has been sort of crappy. Everyone in my ren reenactment chapter has been complaining about it... so don't buy from them, unless it's for the costumes.

I guess this means I'll have to get a custom-made sword when I'm rich and famous. lol I've seen some well-made ones, but the hilts are never quite as elaborate as I like.

Someday... someday...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:22 am
's not an irl sword, but...what do you think of the aegis with demonic pendant combo?  

ceilisidhe

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:18 am
I finally got around to taking a few pictures. ^_^* This was my favorite of my wakasashi and my newest sword.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff