Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nekachi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm
0-0  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:54 am
i've never considered myself an otaku, i jst didnt see the point and after reading this post im glad i havent.  

Fairy_Princess_Nami

spixie09 rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 9 Total: 10 (2-40)

spixie09

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:12 pm
the fact remains, though, that for many, otaku is a derogatory term, and i have my doubts that anyone wants to go by a term like that. Despite the fact that its meaning includes the part about being a fan on anime, you don't see people calling themselves smarta**es, even though there is the connotation of being able to think quickly and make quips, or sometimes even to the point of having a high intelligence level...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:54 pm
While it is absoutly horrible what that guy did, the term Otaku was used to describe these murders because the guy liked anime. The word Otaku is not negative, it just means you really like anime. The word MURDERER however is the word you would not want to be associated with. He was an Otaku that was a MURDERER. He was messed up in the brain. Being an Otaku, or loving anime has nothing to do with murder in specific, just the fact that this murderer was obsessed. The fact that he was obsessed with anime....my thoughts are "So what???" The fact that he was insaine was the problem, not the fact that he watched anime. So if Im an otaku, that means I like anime. Not that Im a murderer, and I am not supporting murder in any way. Just Anime!!  

LadySilverNite

-Mrs OREOZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:41 pm
scary!! crying crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 pm
I agree thats just down right creepy.. Wow.. and I want to go to Japan.. I'm kinda scared.. now and is this guy still alive to this day..?  

KuranYuuki HiddenPrincess

8,750 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150

Hoshikanjou

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:27 pm
I totally forgot that happened all those years ago. That is some crazy stuff.

No, I wouldn't blame his actions on anime. They always say to watch out for the quiet person, that they might have a dark secret. He just had a really bad dark secret...

I never considered myself an Otaku. Sure, I love anime and manga, but I only speak a few words of Japanese. Yes, I'd love to visit Japan one day, but at the same time its crowded like a city here in the States... I'll just play my video games and watch my anime like always. Heck, I was raised on Voltron and Thundercats on tv, right? Why wouldn't I like anime. Heehee.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:45 am
YuUkI_KuRaN221
I agree thats just down right creepy.. Wow.. and I want to go to Japan.. I'm kinda scared.. now and is this guy still alive to this day..?

He got the death sentence and his conviction was carried out a year or two ago.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

x - Johnny HazardXx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:46 pm
Wow o.O scary how ...... well scary people can be. I'm definitely not Otaku but agreed on that he was a KILLER not just Otaku. I'm gay and it's the same with Jeffery Dahmer he was a KILLER had nothing to do with being gay. He also liked to kill small animals, it's called CRAZY people neutral

That being said those are two way totally different things but just as an example that a killer is a killer is a killer. That's what they have in common. I can see though why you wouldn't want to be called or associated with the term Otaku. Being gay it's not like I have much of a choice. I can't say I'm kind of gay or part time gay or I'm not that gay lmao rofl

EDIT: And strange that he would share the same name as anime legend Hayao Miyazaki
eek  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:24 pm
LadySilverNite
While it is absoutly horrible what that guy did, the term Otaku was used to describe these murders because the guy liked anime. The word Otaku is not negative, it just means you really like anime. The word MURDERER however is the word you would not want to be associated with. He was an Otaku that was a MURDERER. He was messed up in the brain. Being an Otaku, or loving anime has nothing to do with murder in specific, just the fact that this murderer was obsessed. The fact that he was obsessed with anime....my thoughts are "So what???" The fact that he was insaine was the problem, not the fact that he watched anime. So if Im an otaku, that means I like anime. Not that Im a murderer, and I am not supporting murder in any way. Just Anime!!

Yup my own beliefs are the same! His guy was a creep....I mean...like a REALLY BAD creep and he got what he deserved stare ....BUT otaku should not be considered a derrogitary word just because of one creepo..I always call myself otaku lol...Although this story creeped the hell out of me, i still dont really see anything wrong with it biggrin  

blinktjp

RegalWolfyFox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Oh my god...My friend Emily sent me that article once...It's so sick. Like the thing with him sending the remains along with the note back to the little girls' families. He evn told them what he did to thewm! ALL OF IT~!

I understand the whole Otaku thing. The word is generally used to mean "obsessed" or "obsessive." It's not necessarily an anime/manga fan thing, but people got used to using it for that because it used to be the definition of otaku to be a "slave" to anime and manga. It was like a joke. But things like this make it clear to us all that simply because a word is used as a "fandom" term, that doesn't mean it can't be more serious. Bad stuff happens in the world every day, and this proves that we can only make light of it for so long...optimism is great, but that alone doesn't stop this stuff from happening. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:43 pm
That's like not calling yourself human because they commit murders! Who cares what this one sick b*****d did? He's a crazy man who happens to like anime and manga, don't judge everyone based on one person.

Like the word geek the word otaku is being reclaimed. Geek used to mean freak show workers who bite off chickens' heads. I still call myself a geek, because I match a lot of the percieved stereotypes of the 'geek' subculture. I am not a preformer who bites the heads off chickens, but I am a girl who has a lot of geeky traits.

I'm also an otaku, I am someone who is fairly obsessed with manga and anime. Obsessed is not a bad word either. It just means that I like something so much that I will spend lots of money on it. Which is true. I like anime and manga so much that very large portions of my spending money will go to anime, manga or related products.

Just because one obviously mentally ill person liked anime doesn't mean that everyone who likes it should suffer. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't use a word that just so happens to apply to someone like that. Otherwise you would be cutting a lot of words out of your vocabulary.

Don't help turn what can be a postive word that instills pride in people into a negative insult.  

o0-foxpuppet-0o

An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces