Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Placeboraw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:14 am
Name: Tokyo Crazy Paradise
Anime or Manga?: Manga
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen
Brief summary: Set in a futuristic Japan where crime has elevated and apathy prevails, Tsukasa is brought up as a boy in order to protect her from the crime-ridden Japan.

When the murder of Tsukasa's parents leaves her and her brothers homeless, she finds herself turning to the same people responsible for the deaths of her parents - the yakuza and fellow classmate/Yakuzi head, Ryuji. From their very first meeting, Tsukasa finds herself in debt to Ryuji, and the only way to pay it off is to become his bodyguard. Yet, the incurring debt seems to greatly increase, regardless of how much Tsukasa works. Perhaps Ryuji has other reasons for keeping her by his side?
Additional comments:
I loved this since It's genderbender and I just love genderbender. It also has tons of action and I just love the characters! heart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:58 pm
Name: Godchild
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen or Older
Brief summary: This manga follows the life of a young earl named Cain. He is cursed like the reat of his family so everywhere he goes mystery and crime follows him.
Additional comments:
This manga is meant for gothic readers, but I am not gothic and i still enjoyed. Anyone can enjoy this manga.It's really good!!!  

sampra

zeithalter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:17 pm
Name: spice and wolf
Anime or Manga?: anime
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen or Older
Brief summary: Kraft Lawrence, a 25 year old peddler traveling from town to town selling and buying various things to make a living during a period much like Europe in the Middle Ages. One night when stopped at the town of Pasroe, he finds in his wagon a 250 year old pagan wolf deity girl named Holo. She appears to be that of a 15 year old girl, except for a wolf tail and ears. She introduces herself as the town's goddess of harvest who has kept it blessed with good harvests of wheat for many years. Despite having the responsibility to watch over the town, she wants to go back to her homeland in the north called Yoitsu, she believes the people have already forsaken her anyway and that she has kept her promise to maintain the good harvests. She manages to bargain her way out of the village by making a deal with Lawrence to take her with him. As they travel, her wisdom helps increase his profits, but at the same time, her true nature draws unwanted attention from the church.
Additional comments: I just found this anime today and have not finished it so I can't tell you if it has a good ending, but I've enjoyed it so far.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:33 am
Name: Blame!
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Uhh.. I think Older Teen. o_o
Brief summary: Well it's set in an apocalyptic future. But it's not the kind where there're very few people and technology is dead and nature has basically taken over again. It's more like.. there's no nature at all. The whole world is overrun with technology and most normal humans are gone and it's just humans with mutated genes. It's a more offbeat kinda manga, there were very few words in the 1st volume and I found it kinda hard to follow. =.=;;
Additional comments:
Okay well my explaination probably didn't make the book seem that appealing. xD But really, I loved it. : D So if my crappy explaination turned you off, please reconsider. xD  

SaintHiroku

SaintHiroku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 am
Name: Skip Beat!
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen.
Brief summary: Kyoko is used by Sho and he breaks her heart. She decides to jump into show business to take her revenge [Sho is an aspiring singer]
Additional comments: When I picked this up I thought :/ eehhh.. it'll probably be okay. :/ But it turns out, this was a really good book. :0 I really enjoyed it so I started reading book 2 and so on.

It's still ongoing.

The acting scenes are really powerful. o_o There are some serious parts, but there are a lot of funny parts too.

Darn. =_=;; I feel like all the books I'm trying to promote are gonna get a bad image cause of my bad descriptions. xD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:03 pm
Name: God Save Our King

Anime or Manga?: Anime

Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen and up

Brief summary:It is about a "normal" high school boy who one day tries to defend someone being bullied. So the bullies grab him and flush his head in the toilet which transport's him to another dimension/world lmao. He is then told he is the Demon King and it is his destiny. It's whacky and random funny and cool. I recomend it to those who have a off beat sense of humor.

Additional comments:Characters are good and slightly neurotic. It's not an adult anime it's for teens, but for example....The mother flirts with everyone and is on a quest around the world for free love (which is why she left the throne). And Yuri the main character on the first episode gets offended by wolfrum (another boy) so he gets up and slaps him. Well I guess in this world unknown to Yuri that is a proposal to marriage. So even though they argue a lot Wolfrum is always sneaking into bed with Yuri because they are betrothed. And Wolfrum always gets jealous if Yuri is talking to or dancing with other girls even though they don't get along. Just an example of how wackey it is. rofl

x - Johnny HazardXx

DALEKTABLE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:48 am
:::

Saki, a series still airing in Japan is centered around the popular board game of Mahjong. Miyanaga Saki, a high school freshmen gets forced by her old middle school friend Suga Kyoutarou to attend a game of mahjong in his clubroom. Having a past where losing meant no rewards, and winning would just cause fights...Saki learns how to always score plus/minus zero, a rare outcome from any game...which she learns to master, and execute every game she plays. Saki follows the clubs rise to, and probably past the high-school mahjong tournament, where each player has their own reasons for trying their best to make it into the big leagues! Similar to Saki, there is Akagi. A definite recommendation if you like Saki in the slightest!

Shion no Ou follows the path of Yusuoka Shion as she quests to discover the mysterious shougi killer, who murdered her parents only leaving behind a "king" game piece. Having lost the ability to speak, Shion, with the help of her adopted father Yasuoka Shinji, quickly learns how to play the game. She is tortured by the memories of her past, but still perseveres to uncover the truth in this mystery/sports series.

Higashi no Eden, a high production value anime...spans 11 episodes along with 2 future release movies to tie everything together. It's from the creators of Ghost in the Shell, so if you like their detail work you may as well watch this. Another thing to note is that this is the second most popular anime in Japan, being ahead of Saki(3rd), and only being beat by K-On!.

To Aru Majutsu no Index centers around Kamijou Touma, a level 0 esper in Academy city has amazingly bad luck no matter what he does. One day after arriving back at his apartment, he happens across a young girl in church garb calling herself "Index". On the run, for some hidden reason...she moves in with Touma against his will, and here's where our story begins. Alot of fighting, alot of supernatural, tsundere relationships and more. One of my top 3 anime titles currently! To Aru Majutsu no Index will soon have a future series off-shoot about Misaka "Railgun" Mikoto, titled To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.

Kanamemo((ecchi/yuri)) is an anime series still being broadcast in Japan. It's a story of the daily life surrounding(but not limited to) Nakamachi Kana as she works with her new-found friends at her towns local newspaper delivery company.

And finally(for tonight's suggestions, at least)...Mai-Otome. I saw you had Mai-HiME under your list of watched anime, so decided to recommend this one. It features some(if not all) the cast from the original Mai-HiME series in an alternate universe. The HiME's powers are in the form of garb, which they can magically change at will by using the powers embedded in their earrings' gems and rings. Although not as great as the original(happens alot), this spin-off was good enough to keep me around through the entire series. As you figured, this has some yuri moments but they're subtle enough for those dreaded haters to not care!

More info in links. Don't feel like writing anymore right now, not sure why I decided to write all that past midnight... User Image Wyrn said it was ok to post this. User Image

Decided to post this here, after submitting it in this thread of the A/M/C.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 am
Name: Skip Beat
Anime or Manga?: Both
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen
Brief summary: Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!
Additional comments: The art is not that charming but definitely good. The most interesting part about it is how Kyoko take on the steps to become an actress and get revenge from Shou. It is also very very funny and something you wanna follow through up to the end though its not ending yet.. kyaaaaa!! 4laugh

riel143glynz

riel143glynz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:19 am
SaintHiroku
Name: Skip Beat!
Rating (Teen, Older Teen, etc.): Teen.
Brief summary: Kyoko is used by Sho and he breaks her heart. She decides to jump into show business to take her revenge [Sho is an aspiring singer]
Additional comments: When I picked this up I thought :/ eehhh.. it'll probably be okay. :/ But it turns out, this was a really good book. :0 I really enjoyed it so I started reading book 2 and so on.

It's still ongoing.

The acting scenes are really powerful. o_o There are some serious parts, but there are a lot of funny parts too.

Darn. =_=;; I feel like all the books I'm trying to promote are gonna get a bad image cause of my bad descriptions. xD

Yeah!!
COPY THAT!!
i heart Skip Beat!!

Kyoko heart Ren 4ever..

weeeeeee.. 4laugh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:48 am
I can't say enough about this anime. Its called When the Seagulls Cry (i can't remember the japanese name) it is by the same people who did Higurashi i beleive. It isn't quite as gorry but the plot is just as complicated. If you dont mind subbed this is something you have to check out.  

Teatreat

Beloved Hoarder

12,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

darkness323

6,800 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:43 pm
Wow, a lot of anime/manga has been mentioned. Some anime I'd reccomend are:

~Ghost Hunt

~s-Cry-ed

~Trinity Blood

~K-On

~Goskuen

~ Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (I haven't seen this yet, but it sounds good in my opinion. ^^)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:24 am
Name: Samurai Deeper Kyo
Anime or Manga?: Both
Rating: Teen
Brief summary: Kyoshiro is a random samurai walking around medieval times in Japan. however there is the demon eyes kyo slayer of 1000 men's soul in him. It is the tale of Demon eyes searching for his own body.
comment: The art is excellent and if you like a good fighting manga or anime i would recommend this over and over again, the manga is better than the anime. This is also has funny parts in it its not all serious.  

asiga_1

Oni121

Friendly Member

21,965 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:15 am
Here's a few anime that I'd Recommend are you ready? Wedding Peach, Inuyasha, Angelic Layer, Shugo Chara, Tokyo Mew Mew. That's just a few. you can choose but all are very good. and for Manga: Fruits Basket, D N Angel, Sayuki, Bleach, that's about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:45 pm
Shinigami369
Any1 knoe any good romance animes ?

but
anime:U should watch Bleach)if u dont mind long anime series);futakoi;"Suzuka"(personal fav.);KIBA;Basalisk;etc

yup i knw some good romance anime:

Toradora!
Ef-a tale of memories (the first season of the ef series)
Ef-a tale of melodies (second season)
Clannad and Clannad -after story-
NANA (rated teen it does show some adult stuff but nothing too vulgar)
Skip Beat! (there's a lot of comedy in this one)
Myself;Yourself
Akikan

oh and of course a good anime to watch

Name: Skip Beat
Anime or Manga:
Both
Rating: 13+
Brief Summary:
Kyoko Magami is a 16 year old girl, who trains to become an actress in hopes of seeking revenge on a childhood sweet heart, Shoutaro Fuwa. Sho used Kyoko to provide for him while he became a star. After becoming a star he decided to throw Kyoko away, over hearing what Sho attended to do, Kyoko seeked to get revenge on Sho, but the only way for her to do that would be to become a star.

Comment: Basically it's unique, funny, entertaining, shows a window into stardom, and it's cute. Lets just say if you're having a bad day it'll make you feel better ^^

MizzHinata247

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items