Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Coming out about Yaoi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YaoiCatgirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:25 pm
My mom knows and dosent really know it... i guess. I have bought atleast half a dozen yaoi manga but she dosen't bother with asking about my manga not since i turned 18 (yay for age!) My siblings (both younger... bro at 15 and sis at 13) know... My bro and i talk sometimes but not to a big extent about yaoi and hentai... pretty much its a :
"those boys are kissing... gross"
"Yeah well you look at girls with big boobs..."
and when we use the words my mom's only really asked what they ment once and shrugged it off.... i think she's forgot what they ment since then.
My little sister glances at my manga asks why the guys are makeing out and i tell her the basic background of the story-- luckly i only have some of the mushy love story type of yaoi at home... EXCEPT for one where i had to make the boyxboy sex a joke for my sister (which it was: I have butt sex so he can purify my chi... Sweet Revolution! check it out some time)

Alot of my girl friends from school like it... but i dont really get into it with the chicks who don't or any of the guys... it's hard to explain youreself when they think you're a total pervert  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:02 pm
Tell my parents? I think not. They don't need to know, and if they did bad things would happen. For instance they'd probably take my laptop from me( I love my laptop, I paid for it! ) and my trips to Barnes and Noble or Borders would cease to exist.

If I were to tell them, my life would then be full of awkward silences and weird stares. My friends know, half of them like it too. And my cousin knows, she doesn't care thankfully. As for everyone else...I'll say something eventually...

C a s s i a___x x

THIS BEACH IS SANDY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:00 am
Only my friends know, really. My parents would just think I was weird and I would never be able to look them in the face again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:52 pm
Were you always open about your love for Yaoi?
Only around my friends--majority were comfortable while the other kinda isn't.

Do your friends or Family care that you like Yaoi?
My friends know that I like yaoi/shonenai and are ok with it.
The only person in my family who knows that I like it is my older bro. My parents would probably kill me if they found out...  

CaramelStripes111

Sorinchako

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:52 pm
My parent's know. Found out when my mom decided to read my gravitation novel. Since her brother's gay, she didn't care. My brother is a little scared of me now though... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:59 pm
Well, I'm pretty sure my mother knows I'm okay about guy/guy. Like, she's aware that I kind of like it but doesn't know much past that.

Of course, she knows nothing of the HC I read, because I don't think she could ever handle that, but I don't have to hide the cute little fanarts and whatnots I draw anymore, and that's nice.

She's suprisingly open-minded. I thought for sure I'd be sold off to a convent if she ever knew I read yaoi.

Harlequin Hisakata

zuttodark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:34 am
Well I officially came out being gay back in August. They knew I liked yaoi before that though. Now I have affections for this one guy, which was the one that got me to come out in the first place (he was the first person I ever told in my life, online or real life) My friends think it is adorable and since he lives in Arkansas they said that if things continue, for my B-day they'd fly me up to see him. I have to wait over a year because he's only 17 and I'm 19. I have the greatest friends ever. My mom doesn't flat out know but with all the crap I know shes deleted from my computer she better know, I just havn't told her anything. I believe if you don't ask me I wont tell you. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Well, my mom and dad already knows what yaoi is and my mom already knows I'm gay.
...er.. my mom went all "Wow, that's really deep."
And we just laughed it off.
But if my dad knew..
It's hello to a Christianity group!
*grumbles*
Btw, my sister and my brother already know too..
They love yaoi and yuri also. xp

Dr. Mocchin

aisha-yurakami

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:35 pm
NA NO DA!!!!!!!!! *skips around*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:45 am
I'm pretty sure no one in my family has any idea at all, except for my Dad.

We're both fans, see. <3

As for my friends, I think a few might know. My best friend is also a fan. ^^

Death By Squirrel

Uzumaki-san

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:02 pm
Nobody knows that I'm gay and my love of yaoi... Well except my cousin, that's only because she was a new yaoi/yuri fan. Now we keep both of each others' secerets. If our parents knew... well let's just say it won't be pretty.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:54 am

Only my friends know that I like it.

No one else has ever asked me about it, so I've never had a reason to let anyone else know.

My family will never know, though, unless they get lucky and find out on their own.

Most of them are, like, hardcore Christians, and the way my parents are, they'd force me to move out of the house.

Seriously. =/

pandearing

Shy Inquisitor

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:33 am
RaddPixieSticQueen
We all have one thing in common here and that thing is our love for yaoi/shonen ai. Now I am pretty open about my love for Yaoi/shonen Ai but it wasn't always like that. I actually used to be pretty shy for my love of boy/boy lovin'. I was actually kind pulled out of the Yaoi closet when my family asked me what a shirt of mine meant [it said I heart yaoi. I only wore it around my house] stupidly I answered and after seeing their disgusted reactions I realized I didn't care who knew about my love for Yaoi anymore!

Which is why I'm so glad I found this guild. I really don't know many people that love or even like Yaoi.

Discussion:
+Were you always open about your love for Yaoi.
+Do your friends or Family care that you like Yaoi?

Nup. And still not am. I don't really no. I'm prolly the LAST PERSON ON EARTH you think that's a yaoi fan. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but srsly. No one REALLY knows.

My other anime friend from school watched OuranHSHC after I recommended it and she said "It was really good and I like Kaoru and Hikaru but they would be so much better if they weren't gay. It's so disgusting when they're gay!'
So I'm thinking she won't take it well when I say; 'They're aren't gay enough!' Dx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:23 am
my friends know about it....but im not willing to tell my mom abouut it...even though she wouldn't care...but if she tells my dad...OMG!!! i am screwed...  

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kya_Hanyou

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:47 am
My parents don't know i like yaoi, but at school i was useually open about it since all my friends LOVE yaoi ^.^  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff