Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is it weird to like the cemetery? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it?
  Yes
  No
  Poll whore
View Results

iconstonedragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:11 pm
I find the dead rather inspiring. I like to read their gravstones, after all, its not what you take that matters, its about what yu left behind.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:57 pm
the headstones are beautiful especially the older ones!!!!!! I love the feel of the cemetary... it's not gloomy, but peaceful.....  

Schizophrenic Angel

Elochai Sammael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:10 pm
No, the cemetary's one of the safest places to be. It's peaceful, quiet, and kinda eery. I like it, it's a good place to meditate.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:34 am
Satans_Psychotic_Lover
Cemeteries are one of the best places for inspiration when it comes to art, poetry, and horror novels. In fact, I'm working on a novel right now and visited a cemetery recently

very true, a lot of my drawing depict them...headstone architecture is nice to  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:38 am
Cemetaries are very beautiful. I have one as my myspace background. They're so calm and peaceful; I can really think when I'm in one. It's such a great place to collect your thoughts because it's a place I assosciate with the cycle of life and with change. They're great places.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:45 am
SarahArden
Cemetaries are very beautiful. I have one as my myspace background. They're so calm and peaceful; I can really think when I'm in one. It's such a great place to collect your thoughts because it's a place I assosciate with the cycle of life and with change. They're great places.

thats exactly what they are and people should realize this and not call us crazy and demonic because we can appreciate things like this...  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:45 am
i like quoting things...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:03 pm
history_nazi
I like going to cemeteries to admire the headstones, especially the older ones that are more like sculptures. Half the time I find myself reading the headstones too.
I know a common stereotype for goths is being a satanic person who hangs out in the cemetery with the dead, and crap like that, but most people think anyone who goes to the cemetery for anyother reason other than a funeral is weird. I was wondering if anyone else does what I do or if it really is that abnormal.

It's not weird at all. I go to cemetery's often because I feel at peace there among the graves.

Dark Moonlight Infinity

CaptainSS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:30 pm
I would go to a cemetery every chance I could... if there was one close to where I live. I would love to see the different headstones and also to pay my respects to other people's loved ones. Even though you don't know who they are. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:56 pm
3 points
1. I like cemetaries too, when I was young, they were WAY to far away, then we moved to a city that wasn't allowed to have cemetaries or basements, now, they're way to far away again...
2. We are sooooooo supporting a stereotype (to a degree)
3. They are very beautiful, peaceful. This amoung the concept of respecting dead, listening to them, or having a thirst for life by being around dead, can all be inspirational.  

Dorian Requiem

]sarcasm[

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:01 pm
I go grave hopping with my aunt all the time. Everyone in the family thinks we're weird to like to go to cemeteries. We sometimes even travel kinda far to see them (mostly cemeteries of which family members were burried in).  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:35 pm
i loove the cemetary, its too creepy for anyone to want to go into so its nice and quiet, that where i go when im stressed out.  

rykin666

Acid_PopTart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:04 am
I love them. I really want to go to the French one where all those famouse poats are buired  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:56 am
iconstonedragon
I find the dead rather inspiring. I like to read their gravstones, after all, its not what you take that matters, its about what yu left behind.

I like reading the really old ones that have how they died on them. Now THAT'S a gravestone.

Have you seen The Royal Tenanbaums? I love Royal's epitaph!

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Vaporia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:16 pm
I think it's the one place I can go and truly be at peace. I love to look at the mausoleums, and old tomb stones that have kinda weathered.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff