Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Discusion] How do people in your area react to yaoi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you grow up in a place that accepted yaoi/yuri for the most part?
  Completely, yes
  to an extent, but it varies between people
  Not sure
  No, not really
  You'd be smitted for thinking of supporting yaoi openly
View Results

Infinite Pandora

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:41 pm
I live in probably one of the most accepting and open cities ever. Seriously, so no not really. Even if people say it's 'gross' they aren't prejudice or anything like that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:38 pm
I live with my mother and her boyfriend (who seems to think he lives here) and they are both not only racist, but also homophobic.....so...am I going to say anything?.......no.....am I going to let my mother near my account on my computer, or let her rummage through my closet?.....no....

Good Lord this place bites.... stressed  

LazyButler

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:53 pm
My community as a whole accepts homosexuality. Gay marriage is legal here, and has been since 2003 (second Canadian province to get it legal, whoo!) We have a gay-pride street (which really shocked the hell out of visiting relatives when they went out for lunch one day) that holds gay-pride parades every year. Tons of stores have rainbow flags in their windows, even if they're not on the gay-pride street. For all my city's many faults, it is one of the most accepting of homosexuality that I know of.

At my high school we have a GSA, we have plenty of same-sex couples, a transgendered teacher and same-sex literature at the library. Guys tend to use "that's so gay" and "f**" pretty liberally, but when it comes down to it, it's more though habit than malice, and they're quick to apologize when someone calls them on it.

The only downfall is that I live near a church that keeps a record of all the people they have turned straight.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:00 pm
User Image
the memories you painted that time.
now i see the colours you made it.
in order to protect the you who seemed ready to fall apart,
i spread my slightly anxious wings.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
i'm sure people here don't have the slightest idea what yaoi is.
and for the most part, i don't think anyone likes gays here. >.>
except my neighbors i think.
there are about four or five emo guys living in one house. and they act pretty gay.

Pawn Of Ace - - x

Sushi-kaichou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:31 pm
I live in a city ttly open to homosexuality.
I go to a school that has a Gay Straight Alliance.
I am the president of a school club that has one or two yaoi fangirls/boys.
now here's the catch-
I live with a family who are ttly anti-gay.

isn't that lovely? rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:50 pm
Well,I only talk to my friends about yaoi,and never really told anyone else about my little obssesion...>.

Grotesque Panties

Xyloid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:27 pm
Actually, I have no idea because I don't know one other person that reads it.

However, I grew up in the mid-west. Even after going to a massive university, there are still a lot of people that are extremely homophobic. I can only imagine that the thought of a female enjoying stories of men loving one another to be foreign and strange.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:31 pm
In my city, we're all just a bunch of ignorant bastards that shank each other for a bag of weed. No, it wouldn't be accepted, but do I think that everyone would act in the negative response? Of course not; just most.  

Freiflug

Punching Bag

baduhmtiss

Wench

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 am
I think that if i mentioned my likings to it, no one would really care. But in my highschool, people are judged for how they act so easily. Kinda ticks me off. And im still in hiding it from parents, but i doubt they would care too much. Probably ask me "why" i like it X3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:22 am
I'm from the city with the biggest pride parade.
So no worries for me!
Though even still, there are dumb kids who are all "EWWW" over it.
But as a general rule, if they don't like it, they shut up and don't say it out loud, or the multiculturalism-and-acceptance-mafia will eat them alive.  

Lady Tsukiko Kuonji

Twilight_Rein

Shirtless Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:08 am
I live in NJ and the people I have meet and been friends with are all accpeting of yaoi. My high school was known as the 'gay' high school because someone there were a lot more LGTB peeps in my school than other schools in town. smile

Of course there is like one friend of mine who's like 'ewww' but it's all a matter of opinion. Plus he's a tad bit on the old school religious side.

Overall, yaoi isn't ewwed upon that much where I live.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:39 am
Break away from everybody, break away from everything.

-= People I've talked to about it were unusually accepting. O_o I brought my drawing pad to my dance troupe rehearsal once, and they stole it and looked through it when I was in the bathroom, and I hear through the door "*GASP* Is that 'yaoi'?" and then I hear "Awwww!" Apparently some of them like it. xD =-

If you can't stand the way this place is, take yourself to higher places.

Drakie Cakie
Crew

nikaido24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:25 am
Im from Philippines and a man on top of that but I cant help falling in love with yaoi. Here in the Philippines, man to man relationship is like falling in love with a serial killer. Society will hate you and criticize you without any regards to your feelings. Fortunately, I have a friend that understands me. She doesnt mind me being interested in these kinds of things. She even enjoys it specially the "Hard" part.

Almost all of my classmates know about me liking yaoi mangas/anime but I guess they dont mind because they are not giving me the cold shoulders.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:52 am
I hide my love of yaoi from almost everyone, I haven't told my mom because she would filp out. The only people who know are my Dad and my best friend. My dad, he's fine with it ( after all, he buys all of it for me). And I've known my best friend for 8 years now, so there's been much more 'shocking' things than yaoi. Other than that most people in my school would shun me (which is sad pathetic).  

ShySlasher

SingingNight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:36 pm
ahah, i'd probably be impaled if people knew XD
not that i care, i'm old enough to judge for myself what i want to watch and what do i want to stand for, and so i do ^^  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff